XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Tesla Style Head Unit for X150

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2024, 08:26 AM
Received 305 Likes on 149 Posts

I think the steering wheel controls work via the yellow wire plugged in as I’ve noted in the picture…can’t help with A/C, sorry…

The following users liked this post:
SNAPCHAT (06-29-2024)
Old 06-28-2024, 03:34 PM
Dev
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arenaej
‘I’ll try:
1. I don’t see a sync button (assuming you mean hvac controls) mine are synced.
2. TPMS is achieved via sensors that can be installed to replace the factory sensors or sensors that replace the valve cap and a usb fob. Available on eBay or Amazon.
3. I have an OBDLink MX+ - I think that Bluetooth scanners can only connect to one device at a time…if it’s connected to your phone it won’t connect to the head unit.
4. I have had great success using the wifi/gps antennas that came with the unit. When installing, I put them on top of the vent system just under the dash…
5. I don’t see a volume adjustment for the parking sensors…never saw one with the OEM infotainment either…
If you are happy with my help, hit the “like” button😎
5. There is a volume control somewhere in the settings. I can make a screenshot if you like.

Old 06-29-2024, 03:23 AM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I activated a cricket GSM (not CDMA like Verizon, T-Mobile, not that this helps anyone) SIM card as a 4th line on my data plan and placed it into the SIM card tray thingy they gave us, and it seems to recognize the SIM card as the settings list it as an AT&T SIM (Cricket is a daughter company) although I have no service. On top of that, no AC controls either. Done quite a bit of fiddling around in the settings. I don't have the emergency flashers cable connected to the facia though.

//UPDATE -- Plugged in emergency flasher switch and it kicked everything into gear. Must require all plugs to be installed for everything to sync up and work properly. No idea. Still trying to get the system to recognize a SIM card though. Won't work with my Cricket/AT-T one still.

Last edited by SNAPCHAT; 06-30-2024 at 12:59 AM.
Old 07-05-2024, 01:13 AM

Another update - not sure if related to screen or speakers themselves.... but ended up having to go over the most disgusting washboards I may have ever seen today on my way to a beach - and now I don't have audio on the right side of the car. Only my left side. Super strange, but gonna pull the door card and make sure all connections are good. If they are good, will head over to the Android screen and see whats going on back there.

Old 07-08-2024, 10:26 AM
Dev
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SNAPCHAT
Another update - not sure if related to screen or speakers themselves.... but ended up having to go over the most disgusting washboards I may have ever seen today on my way to a beach - and now I don't have audio on the right side of the car. Only my left side. Super strange, but gonna pull the door card and make sure all connections are good. If they are good, will head over to the Android screen and see whats going on back there.
Got the same issue as you and saw your fix. Time to open up the console again Im afraid.

The following users liked this post:
SNAPCHAT (07-08-2024)
Old 07-08-2024, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dev
Got the same issue as you and saw your fix. Time to open up the console again Im afraid.
This same thing happened to you? Interesting! I was super annoyed to have to rip into the screen again but very thankful once it was done and I realized it wasn't my Amp or my actual wiring to the speakers.

For anyone not understanding context, it was the blue box on the back of the android screen that must have some sort of loose connection - as I held the box in my hand, I could hear the audio flick on and flick off on the right side of the car as I moved the box around. ended up just zip-tying the box in such a position that bumps in the road wouldn't jutter it and and such a position that the cords are connected firm.

Last edited by SNAPCHAT; 07-08-2024 at 12:12 PM.