XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Is there a signature color

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts
Default Is there a signature color

As I continue to see a lot of Blacks , Whites , silvers and Grays I am wondering if there still is a Jaguar signature color. I use to recall that in the early days British Racing Green was the Jaguar color brand but today it doesn't seem to be that. So has there been a change and what is it. If you ask what color a Ferrari is the answer is obvious so is there a similar Jaguar color.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,290 Likes on 889 Posts

liquid silver was the hero colour for the XF when it first came out, and it seems to be on the front of the XK brochure too. But then the R-S versions seem to have blue as the hero colour. I doubt that there is a signature colour these days. I still think BRG.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Today BRG does not look like that of the 50-60's. The still offer it, but it's metallic and just does not ring BRG. Not that it is a bad color... Jaguar is short on solid color choices. I don't think there is a signature color for Jaguar at all.

Personally, I really like their "pensioner colors". What gets me with Jaguar is the lack interior colors. How many shades of tan do you need? What happened to Burgundy and Navy Blue?

Old 03-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 254 Posts

I think a retro version of the colors available for the first Gen ETypes would be a cool idea. Both, inside and out.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:58 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RedRider48
I think a retro version of the colors available for the first Gen ETypes would be a cool idea. Both, inside and out.
Jaguar makes one marketing mistake after the next. When are they going to get their heads out of the sand and see the obvious?

They dearly missed the opportunity to paint XK's similarly to "Die Another Day" which looks fantastic in person. I understand the original paint was very expensive, but they could surly get close for a reasonable cost with consumer interest it would have.

There are a handful of other easy changes that would elevate the coolness of Jaguar, but it all falls onto deaf ears...

Old 03-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Received 190 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Signature Color

BRG with Saddle interior still rocks me! Having said that, mine is Vapour Grey Metallic with an Ivory & Slate Blue interior. At first, I thought I liked Liquid Silver better ... and a two-tone interior was certainly not what I would have ordered! However, a week after owning it, I wouldn't trade it for any other exterior or interior color. Funny how stuff 'grows' on you! What I've never understood is why, with all of the computer technology, etc., they couldn't offer 25 or 30 exterior colors and at least a dozen interior colors to choose from.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

If you think about the progression of Jaguar and how Ford tried to mainstream and mass market them I would hope that Tata can bring more exclusivity to Jaguar now. In doing so I would love to see a larger color pallet for both the exterior colors and interior colors like some of the higher end car companies.

I would pay more for a special color exterior or interior.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

I think BRG is the color that comes to mind at first. Not many around compared to the Blacks,Silver's. The BRG can be mistaken for the Botanical Green which has red and silver metallic in the paint and it is a knock out.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

I LOVE black cars, but when I the F-Type RS or GT comes out I'm going BRG with tan interior.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:52 AM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,103 Likes on 776 Posts

Look at the signature block...

I have been and continue to be approached and given overwhelming positive comments on all of the cars. Why change a good thing. It's as if the marketers seem to be set into a rut and offer 'what they've done' as opposed to: 'look what we've done!'.

Just because 'mainstream' doesn't approve does not mean its wrong. Doesn't the main stream all drive Jetta's, Camry's, etc. LOL.

I'm with John Fox on this one.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:04 AM
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

Colors -- most of the people buying these off the lot are taking resale value into consideration. And monochromatic colors have significantly higher resale. So you'll see a lot more grey/silver/blacks than any other color, and on all of the higher end cars and most particularly luxury marques. It's a complete snooze fest, IMHO. Even if you look at the ultra brands like Rolls, Bentley, etc -- those used to have quite the variety back in the day, but even though they're offered in those colors, no one takes them. Cars with blue interiors in particular suffer, as very few people seem to want them.

That being said, Green is a signature color for British marques in particular, and I wanted a green over tan -- so I looked until I found one! This green is a little darker than I would have liked, but it as what was available. It's a xirallac color though, and on a sunny day it sparkles like no other metallic paint I've had in the past. It's fabulous.

Attached Thumbnails Is there a signature color-dscf5851.jpg  
Old 03-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member

I have one most odd ball colors the XK is offered in; Seafrost Green. I particularly like unusual colors as long as it works with the car. If I ever bought a Porsche, it would have to be "paint to sample" or something that no one is going to mistake with someone else car.

Zircon Blue Metallic, Winter Gold Pearl Metallic, Radiance Red are all great Jaguar colors IMO; looks great on all their models and have been around for several years.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:14 AM
Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Rahtok, you are correct. That color is Botanical Green and it is fabulous. My 2011 XK vert was special order for that color and got the green top to match. Looks perfect. The paint almost looks black when not in direct light. Very pleased with it to say the least.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:48 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

mosesbotbol:
I too have an unusual color it seems ...
I have only heard of a few of these and seen one other than mine,
It's Blue in the Sunshine, but various levels of grey when there are clouds or at night ..... LOVE That about this color

Titanium Pearl (LGL)
over Oatmeal (AGD)

And I don't mean to Dbl Post, but I am hoping to find an answer ....
QUESTION?:
I know the "primary" color of both the exterior and the interior (as above) But does anyone know the color name or code for the accent colors???
On the interior the light cream (Oatmeal) color is accented with a kind of milk chocolate color and on the Exterior the Titanium Pearl has a bronze grey color as an accent trim around the windows, mirrors etc ..

Attached Thumbnails Is there a signature color-nicecat-141897-albums-intro-pics-8523-picture-titanium-pearl-23525.jpg  
Old 03-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

+2 BRG/Tan....just like my car.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,126 Likes on 797 Posts

One of the rare colours, and one I'd love to have, is Black Cherry (black with red/purple reflect). Unfortunately, I had no choice with mine, because they only come in Stratus Grey.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by beh2010
Rahtok, you are correct. That color is Botanical Green and it is fabulous. My 2011 XK vert was special order for that color and got the green top to match. Looks perfect. The paint almost looks black when not in direct light. Very pleased with it to say the least.

I've got the green top too -- we're twins! /high 5

Old 03-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Many here seem to site silver as a very common color for xk's yet numbers don't bear this out. Check out Jaguar Data, Info and Specs | GTCarLot.com to see % of colors each year produced by jag. Black by far the most common, then maybe grey. The rest of the colors are all under 8% of productionin general. I think the true silvers stand out as classy looking.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not a fan of silver but ended up with a 2012 XK Vert with a Champaign exterior color. When I first saw the car at the dealer, it look Silver. But in different lighting conditions, it takes on a Bronze/Silver color. Looks great!

Old 03-07-2014, 11:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,126 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by NiceCat
I know the "primary" color of both the exterior and the interior (as above) But does anyone know the color name or code for the accent colors???
On the interior the light cream (Oatmeal) color is accented with a kind of milk chocolate color and on the Exterior the Titanium Pearl has a bronze grey color as an accent trim around the windows, mirrors etc ..
Sorry, missed this earlier. The exterior trim doesn't seem to have an official name - I think it's the same graphite grey on all XK8s, though I may be wrong. There certainly isn't a range of part numbers for different colours.

If the interior is Oatmeal, the contrast colour is probably Antelope, carpets probably Sable. Here's the chart for the "Classic" trim:

Is there a signature color-screen-shot-2014-03-08-05.49.55.jpg

The following users liked this post:
NiceCat (03-20-2014)

Quick Reply: Is there a signature color