XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Tire question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,431 Likes on 3,207 Posts

I made a hateful enemy when I talked bad about the HORRIBLE experience with my absolute JUNK MPSS tires and how they throw chunks of tread off to the belts and can't hook under 75 degrees F. About two months after we agreed to disagree, HE apologized to ME because his oh-so-favorite MPSS tires started throwing chunks off to the cord!
Me, I wouldn't put crap Michelin ANYTHING on a Radio Flyer for a gazillion bucks.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,490 Posts

I'm sure you had a bad experience but all I can think of is there must have been a bad lot of tires. I have been using Michelins for decades and for the most part they have been the best tires I have ever tried. Only 2 exceptions come to mind and both were OE Michelin tires where the tread wore out in less than half of their rated mileage.

Numerous forum members have posted their great experience with the PSS (not A/S) and hundreds of members on other car forums have raved about them too, so there must be something good about them

Old 07-01-2016, 06:14 AM
Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Hey Guys;

Let us not rehash the love/hate relationships with the MPSS. That was covered ad nauseum in a prior thread. Like I said before, I'm looking for a tire that will give me traction out of the hole when I turn off the Dynamic Stability Control to drag race. The Potenzas that came on the car simply let go when I hammer it.

I see the MPSS's are $400+ each in size 305; not cheap. I may try a pair of
Mickey Thompsons for about half the price. Yes I know they won't handle as well and the "tread" life is minimal. They will hook up!

The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (07-01-2016)