XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

TPMS System Fault

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 02:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by rambox11
I had a problem with my TPMS (2010 XFR). It started throwing warnings randomly while tyre pressure was OK.
I finally tracked it down to a dodgy Ebay USB charger plugged into the cigarette lighter in the center console.
I Unplugged it and the warnings went away after 10 mins and didn't return. I plugged it back in again and the warnings reappeared within minutes.
I tried plugging it in and disconnecting repeatedly and there is no doubt that this was causing the issue.
The USB charger is in my wife's car now where it doesn't cause any problems.

Thanks for posting this.....
I too, have a USB charger in my '08 XK-R and have received the same sporadic warnings, with no truth to low tires. I'll check this aspect.

Old 02-02-2018, 09:57 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Had started to get the TPM signal in my car. Checked all the tires, pressure spot on in all tires. Indy said one was bad, remember this is a 2013. Just to save having to take it back in when the next one went out, we just changed all 4. Now its time to go for a long drive to get the system re-set.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by drbbop
Had started to get the TPM signal in my car. Checked all the tires, pressure spot on in all tires. Indy said one was bad, remember this is a 2013. Just to save having to take it back in when the next one went out, we just changed all 4. Now its time to go for a long drive to get the system re-set.
The new TPMS should sync to the Jaguars system within 5 minutes or less after installation of the new TPMS.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:59 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes it did after a short drive.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:21 PM
Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

I just came across another problem with the TPS fault I have an IPhone 8 that i have charging on the center console with the wire running along the console over the TPS sensor being non shielded cable it was interfering with the sensor causing a fault I had replaced all the wheel sensors as well as 2 antenna and the module by the fuse panel in the rear and still had intermittent faults showing I have moved the phone to the passenger seat on 2 separate occasions when the fault showed up and within minutes of removing the phone the warning would go off since trying this several more times I'm now certain that was the cause because for the last 2 weeks i haven't had the fault show up . Hope this helps someone

Old 06-18-2018, 02:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TPMS Fault after ACM enabled

Hi Ian-

Your post is of great interest as I have an '07 XK convertible where we added an iPod ACM module.

The service shop who updated the IDS software and activated the module was great - although when they turned the car back over to me the tech said "oh - your TPMS just came on"
We've had the car for about 5 months and have NEVER had any issue- - so I was of course curious why this would activate immediately after their IDS work.

I installed the ACM myself and did run the Ipod cord along the console (per instructions).
Anyone else have this issue?

I'm guesssing that if I open it back up and provide some better insulation around the cable that this will solve the issue?

Thanks!
-John

The following users liked this post:
IanXF (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 04:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,975 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Originally Posted by socaljagfan
Hi Ian-

Your post is of great interest as I have an '07 XK convertible where we added an iPod ACM module.

The service shop who updated the IDS software and activated the module was great - although when they turned the car back over to me the tech said "oh - your TPMS just came on"
We've had the car for about 5 months and have NEVER had any issue- - so I was of course curious why this would activate immediately after their IDS work.

I installed the ACM myself and did run the Ipod cord along the console (per instructions).
Anyone else have this issue?

I'm guesssing that if I open it back up and provide some better insulation around the cable that this will solve the issue?

Thanks!
-John
Before going to all that trouble, get the batteries in the TPMS senders in the wheels checked out. A tire shop, maybe even an auto parts retailer that reads OBD codes for free, has a TPMS reader, and can check to see what your TPMS battery status is.
If those are original units, its very very likely that one or more batteries have died by now.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:59 PM

Thanks - I'll do that.
It just seems so odd that within minutes of activating the ACM this has popped up - - where it has never (ever) been an issue for me since geting the car ~5 months ago.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

What can happen during any programming is the battery gets too low because some techs don't connect an adequate power supply during the programming, and since these beasts are buggers with low voltage it MAY just need a good charge on the battery. Like, an overnight session with a 10+ amp charger.

The instant I got my car back after a new key programming at the dealer I had Dynamic System Fault, E-Diff Unavailable, and another one I can't remember. After a 45 minute drive on the interstate and a restart, everything was back to copacetic.

Last edited by Cee Jay; 06-18-2018 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:35 PM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by IanXF
the wire running along the console over the TPS sensor
OK, this is interesting. You're saying there is a sensor in the console? Where exactly? I have my iPhone cable running under the center console, around the gear selector, and coming out in the ash tray. I can't imagine it's related, but still I'm curious where this TPMS module is located that you are referring to.

I've run into problems with my non-shielded radar detector power cable setting off my detector, such that I had to wrap the cable in tinfoil to get it to stop, so your idea is not beyond the realm of possibility...

Old 06-19-2018, 02:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,126 Likes on 797 Posts

The TPMS receiver & module are by the Auxiliary Junction Box between the rear seats (receiver behind LH rear seat, module attached to AJB bracket). There may be TPMS wiring under the centre console, but there's no TPMS hardware under there. This applies to both 4.2 and 5.0 cars.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,219 Likes on 2,367 Posts

Originally Posted by Ngarara
The TPMS receiver & module are by the Auxiliary Junction Box between the rear seats (receiver behind LH rear seat, module attached to AJB bracket). There may be TPMS wiring under the centre console, but there's no TPMS hardware under there. This applies to both 4.2 and 5.0 cars.
Correct. It's part of the main wiring loom and runs from the module, under the console and comes out and the CJB under the drivers side A pillar. Then it goes out to the antenna in front.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:33 PM

Thanks Guys for that info.
Given the near-immediate correlation of the issue cropping up and some of the related experiences / comments about chargers causing issues, I think I'll start by just popping the console cover again and wrapping the (new) iphone cable with some copper tape.

Will report back as I learn more.

-John