XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Transmission mount replaced on 2012 XKR.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 10:20 PM
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Transmission mount replaced on 2012 XKR.

I've complained about some transmission issues such as a popping noise when putting the car into gear (R or Drive) when the car is cold. Rough shifts when the car is cold. Some jerking or lurching sensations (again, usually when the car is cold).

Well, I figured while my Spires springs and oil change were being done, I'd have my tech look at the mount, which I was ready to pay for if my Jaguar Select Edition warranty didn't cover. Good news was that it did - $280 for the part + 30 minutes of labor. So it'd have cost around $350 out of pocket, which isn't too bad. But mine cost nothing (and neither did my battery, which crapped out right as I pulled into the dealer! What luck!). The mounts are known to go on XKRs, and I was warned about by my dealer when purchasing the car, so I was expecting it. It just only occurred to me to have it inspected now.

I am happy to say that replacing the mount has fixed a ton of issues. The car engages gears perfectly now. That abruptness has gone. When the car engine-brakes in manual mode, the lurching is considerably subdued! The popping noise when engaging a gear after cold start seems to have vanished, as well. The overall driving experience has gotten better than before, so I'm actually even more in love with this car than I was before.

Between the Spires drop, the new battery, and the trans mount...I just love this car more and more every day.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 970 Likes on 654 Posts

I noticed that the trans mount was really easy to access on our cars. No fighting with the exhaust or other unpleasantness.

Old 06-21-2017, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Originally Posted by ArnoldKay
.I just love this car more and more every day.
You are truly rich man for finding a reason to fall in love everyday

Old 06-21-2017, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 577 Likes on 324 Posts

Funny you mention this - when I brought my KXR in to my regular dealer shop for some work, they called and said I also needed a transmission mount, but it'd be covered under the warranty, so of course I OK'd the repair. Thought nothing of it. Now that you mention it, I think the car does shift a little more smoothly but I'd not really thought about it before.