XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Trip computer screen replacement XK 2007 jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Trip computer screen replacement XK 2007 jaguar

Has anyone replaced the trip computer , the information screen between the speedo and Rev counter on a 2007 XK ? how do you set the new computer with the same milage as the faulty one being replaced ? Cheers

Old 08-01-2017, 03:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,219 Likes on 2,367 Posts

Originally Posted by IanNZ
Has anyone replaced the trip computer , the information screen between the speedo and Rev counter on a 2007 XK ? how do you set the new computer with the same milage as the faulty one being replaced ? Cheers
You're referring to the LCD display within the Instrument Cluster. I don't know for certain but would guess that it's replaceable as a unit only (the gauge cluster) and if replacing it with a used one, the keys have to be released from the donor for it to be used in the new car.

From the manual, it suggests that the miles are merely displayed via LCD, not calculated there however. Here's the read on it from the service manual.

Trip computer Information Display
The instrument cluster contains software which controls the trip computer. The computer allows the driver to access information for current fuel usage, current journey length, average speed and estimated vehicle range of fuel remaining.
The information is calculated from CAN messages from other vehicle systems, for example wheel speed signals from the ABS module and fuel injector operating data from the ECM.
A 'Trip' button is located on the end of the LH multifunction switch and allows the driver to access, in sequence, the available trip information by repeatedly pressing the button. The trip information is displayed in the following order:
• Trip distance The trip distance since the last reset is displayed.
• Average speed The average speed since the last reset is displayed.
• Average fuel consumption The average fuel consumption since the last reset is displayed.
• Range The range is displayed showing the distance which can be travelled until the fuel gage
reads empty. If the range display shows dashes (-), this indicates a failure with one or both of the fuel level sensors.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Cheers Sean, My XK has just had a new LCD screen fitted by dealer that I bought the car from, due to the old screen having pixel display problems, the new one has incorrect milage/KMs displayed for my car, it needs to be corrected to its true mls/kms.
looks like it can be done by dealer, hopes so as looking at the reading at the moment is like waking up 5 years older than what i am .
thanks for your reply ,

Old 08-01-2017, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,219 Likes on 2,367 Posts

Originally Posted by IanNZ
Cheers Sean, My XK has just had a new LCD screen fitted by dealer that I bought the car from, due to the old screen having pixel display problems, the new one has incorrect milage/KMs displayed for my car, it needs to be corrected to its true mls/kms.
looks like it can be done by dealer, hopes so as looking at the reading at the moment is like waking up 5 years older than what i am .
thanks for your reply ,
Terrific news Ian. Glad I'm wrong as a replacement cluster is expensive. Please let us know how they align the new screen to the actual mileage. I'm interested.