XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Tune went back to stock again

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Received 77 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by MaximA
I have not been able to get to 155, trust me I tried LOL. The best I could pull was a 142 before turn 1 into the road course.
Did you get any update on the tune? I know viezu now has a hand held tuner that you can use to reflash as often as you like

Old 06-10-2014, 09:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

No havent heard a word but I've been buried so I will follow up again today. Little upset to not even get a call back or return to an email. Not cool at all.

The following users liked this post:
Lothar52 (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

No havent heard a word but I've been buried so I will follow up again today. Little upset to not even get a call back or return to an email. Not cool at all.
Seems to be the standard anymore in business in general. Nothing but shoddy work and no desire to make the customer happy.

However as a servant of the people and about the people I try to make people "happy" all the time but "within reason" - We have a problem in america today regarding people in my biz trying to make people happy today regardless of reason and that has led to other serious wide spread problems. However demands keep getting greater... tension tension tension!!

However they are not dealing with anything more than a machine.. its parts can be replaced, the whole thing can be re-replaced. MAKE THE CUSTOMER HAPPY.... unless they are of course abusing said machine OR just plain psycho.

Am I making any sense?

MaximA (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member

I just want a call back maybe its supposed to work this way, maybe I'm missing something, but all I know is I'm running stock 1/4 miles times and the car once again feels slower than it did after the tune. It even sounds different, so I'm either nuts or something has changed. Considering nothing else in my life looks different from my perspective I'd have to say its the tune...

It takes 2 minutes to respond to an email or return a call, I'm actually a bit surprised as this is not my previous experience with them.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

I just want a call back maybe its supposed to work this way, maybe I'm missing something, but all I know is I'm running stock 1/4 miles times and the car once again feels slower than it did after the tune. It even sounds different, so I'm either nuts or something has changed. Considering nothing else in my life looks different from my perspective I'd have to say its the tune...

It takes 2 minutes to respond to an email or return a call, I'm actually a bit surprised as this is not my previous experience with them.
Agreed, they should have called back... nobody seems to care about customer satisfaction anymore so this DOES NOT surprise me... its all ME ME ME and everyone who has a problem, IS A PROBLEM. Ugghhhhh

Loth

MaximA (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

I assume they don't have the answers and, 1) they are desperately searching for an answer or, 2) they hope that you will just go away and stop bugging them. I hope for the first variation...

The following 2 users liked this post by axr6:
Lothar52 (06-10-2014), MaximA (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Veteran Member

Albert I think you are right, although I doubt they are searching for an answer. To do so they should have to ask me some questions. They don't have an answer and the best one I've heard is from the guy who writes the tunes for RSC. Hes here in town on the 17th and will custom tune my car in person and if the car still has the Eurocharged tune download it from the ECU he will save it for me. I guarantee there is no tune other then a stock Jag tune, as the car is slow compared to what I had before.

I'm one of those guys that you get back what you put in... Treat me like dirt and ignore me and I won't forget it. I'm going to make a call one more time...

Old 06-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Lothar52
Agreed, they should have called back... nobody seems to care about customer satisfaction anymore so this DOES NOT surprise me... its all ME ME ME and everyone who has a problem, IS A PROBLEM. Ugghhhhh

Loth
Its sad that its come to that, here's a customer that is having an issue and you ignore him. I dont understand why you would do that.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Veteran Member

I just want to enjoy the car why the hell is it so hard to get things done.. Now all I get is VM when I call.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Veteran Member

ok I heard back and they don't think its loosing the tune but something in the car is limiting the power. SO they want me to ship then my car... ugh

Old 06-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Veteran Member

As much as I love this car a GT3 is looking good right now.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

Ive been away from the forum for a bit but just read this thread. Not good.

My car feels the same but maybe I can swing by Eurocharged this weekend or next and get a dyno run in.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by russduka
Did you get any update on the tune? I know viezu now has a hand held tuner that you can use to reflash as often as you like
It is not the VSwitch handheld device that we thought, but it is supposed to work for the newer 5.0L Jags. I will have them on my site tonight. I will probably give someone a deal on the first couple just to get feedback on how it works.

Mike

Old 06-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Veteran Member

Hi Matt, see what you get I'll be interested, I know my car is slower and I'm not crazy.. with the tune the car felt a bit over powered and you had to be careful or you hit 100 in a hurry.. Now it just feels will stock, fast but not 600HP fast. '

I was basically told its impossible to as its a flashed EPROM but I have another tuner telling me some of the jag/LR have this issue. What the hell, I just want this to work and not have to prove people wrong over and over. I had to do this with the first tune as I had to prove it right in front of the guy on a dyno his tune was bunk, exhaust leak that I had to take videos of it leaking, streaked headlights that a member here posted a TSB on, and wheels that did not fit that took 4 months to resolve while they still owe me 1300... Add that up and its over 10K of BS from tuners and shops and I'm sick of it. You think for once someone would pull their head out of their own *** and not assume an owner doesn't know what they are talking about and they know everything.

If this car has a tune on it which I'm told it's impossible it doesn't, it's useless in the real world and the car won't run over 12.3@118MPH.. theres out answer stay away from tunes... If thats the answer I'm getting thats my advice.

-end rant

Last edited by MaximA; 06-10-2014 at 06:09 PM.
axr6 (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member

I have to add that the only parts that worked as advertised came from Spires. The coilovers and the brakes are phenomenal.. I could probably use a little brake/traction to wrestle this 4000 car down from 140 lap after lap but overall they have proved to be brilliant. The race pads tend to leave some residue on the rotors after a tough track session so you get some shudder on the way home, but it wears off within a 100 miles of street driving.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston

My car feels the same but maybe I can swing by Eurocharged this weekend or next and get a dyno run in.
Let me know how it goes I'm sure he'll be complaining about my 2 emails and 1 phone call.. I'm off for a day at the dyno on Tuesday the 17th to see if we can solve this problem once and for all. I'm not even asking for my money back just some help...

What I was just told by another tuner is that the Jag and LR adaptation is what causes this. I will get the actual technical reason from the actual programmer on Tuesday as well.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:40 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston

I wish I would have known you were still having problems, I was in Houston last week and could have loaded our tuning on your car. So far, I have not had any LR/Jag people say they lost power.

Mike

Old 06-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

I have never had any issues with the Rica tune on any of the 5.0 liter cars that we have tuned. Please keep us posted.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Eurotoys
I wish I would have known you were still having problems, I was in Houston last week and could have loaded our tuning on your car. So far, I have not had any LR/Jag people say they lost power.

Mike
I'm not having any problems so far...My car feels very fast just like it did after I got the tune.

I was thinking of getting a dyno just to report back and let everyone know if the tune is still in my car.

My MPG also went up a bit after the tune and so far it has not changed or gone back down. So hopefully I still have the tune in my car, as it does feel very fast. I drove it to work today and punched it a couple times...wow it moves.

Eurotoys (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 07:40 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 931 Likes on 609 Posts

Interesting...I'll be following this thread. I hope there is a quick solution to this problem and Eurocharged provides some insight into what is gong on.

Quick Reply: Tune went back to stock again