XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Tuning an XKR?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning an XKR?

Does anyone know any well known Jaguar tuner that has anything available for the SC 5.0?

I am new to the Jaguar scene. Please point me in the right direction

Old 11-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

This is about the only thing I've seen so far for Jag. And this came from another forum...

Price List | ECU Tuning Group

I've not found anyone who've had it done yet, so if anyone has, please speak up!

The following users liked this post:
Narinderjeet (12-04-2011)
Old 11-13-2011, 03:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 761 Posts

Here a quote from EPG (or Singh or whatever they are called) under the section Pulley kits:
"Pulley Kits For Non Supercharged Cars

Being in the industry since 1991 we (like all the top tuners in Europe) have never seen the benefit or any type of gain with a pulley upgrade for a naturally aspirated vehicle.
ECU Tuning Group will only recommend upgrades that actually work."

They are funny to say the least, but comments like these doesn't give me any confidence they know what they are doing.

Have no direct experience with them, but just to name another:
http://www.viezu.com/blog/archives/tag/jaguar-performance-exhaust

Old 11-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

I have installed smaller upper pulleys on the 5 ltr cars with a noticable increase in the midrange. Sorry no dyno numbers. I sent the blower out & had the nose machined & a smaller pulley installed. I have seen photos of superchargers that have been ground down on the car. I would not recomend that at all. I will refrain from comments as to how it looks & be polite. Here is a link to the company who upgraded the supercharger.

Stiegemeier Porting Services, LLC - Supercharger Rebuild and Repair

Old 12-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default S/C upgrades, exhausts, rear diff, water/meth, and tune.

I got my supercharger upgrade kit from Eurotoys near Chicago (just Google it). It was installed by Concours Cars in Colorado and the nose was machined on the car and went without a hitch (I have pics also). It was both the upper and lower pully kit. The tune is going to be done soon by Mike from Eurotoys as well. He is flying to Colorado to do it at my house (pretty good service). He does both 4.2 and 5.0 XKRs. I highly recommend both companies. I also have Milltek Hi-Flow Cats and Cat_Back Exhaust, Quaife Limited Slip Diff, and AquaMist water/meth for cooling. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

I would very much like to see photos of the supercharger & know how they were able to machine the nose on the car. The only photo I have ever seen of someone doing it on the car was awful, they use a hand die grinder. If there is a setup available to machine the nose on the car I would like to buy it. Please post photos. I have also used Mike's pulleys & found them to be of very high quality. What year is your car?

Old 12-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

+1 on Mike on Eurotoys. He's done all the mods in my sig which includes Veizu Tuning. In fact, the XKR is at his shop right now as we speak getting some stuff done. I've dropped off my car at his shop before and he'll provide a loaner but lately I just have him pickup my car on his trailer which is so much easier for me. One time my car was at his shop doing some work and my new wheels were ready at the tire shop and he drove all the way to the tire shop to pickup my wheels and so when I got the car back from him, the wheels were on.

Lothar52 (10-04-2015)
Old 12-02-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
I would very much like to see photos of the supercharger & know how they were able to machine the nose on the car. The only photo I have ever seen of someone doing it on the car was awful, they use a hand die grinder. If there is a setup available to machine the nose on the car I would like to buy it. Please post photos. I have also used Mike's pulleys & found them to be of very high quality. What year is your car?
I don't know how to post pics in replies here. I can send them to you via e-mail, or I can send you the whole article about the upgrades to my car, explaining the plan and the implementation process. This is my first encounter with a forum so still learning how things work.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
The guy that did the work is a very experienced performance car mechanic at Concours Cars in Colorado Springs. He actually fabricated his own tool to reduce the nosepiece while the S/C was on the car. He did it using the old pulley which he had just removed. My car is a 2007 XKR Convert. My guess is that you could also build one yourself. It's fairly labor intensive and the main reason he did it that way were the time constraints and the fact their regular machinist was out of town. I watched him do it and I consider him an automotive genius.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Received 113 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Aquamist

Hi Timsail,

Just curious, what made you choose the Aquamist over Snow Performance?

TIA

Old 12-04-2011, 11:30 AM

I get my dyno runs from Kleemann USA in Colorado Springs because that's where my son gets his C63 AMG tuned and it has the best dyno in the Springs. Brandon, at Kleemann has installed many aquamist systems on various Mercedez products and recommended aquamist very highly because of quality. He did admit, however, the the Snow products have improved significantly in quality over the past few years. The biggest factor in my decision ended up being because he has more experience with aquamist and he's the one doing the work. He also educated me on the proper approach to using water/meth in cars like ours ... not for fuel enhancement so much ... but for inlet air cooloing which is desperately needed on XKRs for summer performance. Especially ones that have had supercharger upgrades. Note: If you compare systems with the same features, the price ends up about the same with either system.

Last edited by tlmsail; 12-04-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where in Florida are you , there is some one i used in Boca Raton FL if you are interesed , they swapped my SC pulley and re flashed my ecu within 2 hours

Old 12-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Narinderjeet
where in Florida are you , there is some one i used in Boca Raton FL if you are interesed , they swapped my SC pulley and re flashed my ecu within 2 hours
Who and where in Boca?

Old 12-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Default Quaife LSD

I just found out from Quaife that this is the first unit installed in an XKR in the US. It went without a hitch. I'll let you know in a few days how the car performs with it installed. Prior to installation it was a one-tire-fire show with all the smoke it produced with the added HP. I'm hoping this will be the answer to getting the power to both rear wheels.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Default Not quite

Don't know where you got that info but I've had mine in since June 2011...

Anyway, you're gonna love it. Much more controllable slides with all nanny's off and dsc kicks in later when on.

Definitely a must do mod for guys who like pressing the dsc for 10 seconds upon starting your engines

Old 12-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Default 1st Quaife?

That's what the folks at Quaife told the guys at Jack's Transmissions where the install was done, so I was just passing that along. It doesn't really matter where I am in the line, just as long as the feedback is good. I'm glad you are pleased with the results. Like you, I really prefer turning off the DSC (nanny) and doing my own driving. I really hated to have the car shut down because of even the least amount of wheel spin when competing in a slalom event. I also didn't like it when time was lost due to wheel spin either. I can't wait to get to the next event and see the difference in times. Thanks for the info and it's great to know someone who already has one and likes it.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:01 AM
Default WI

I never did a Quaife LSD write up b/c I was hoping to get some before and after video to add in with a review and since there isn't anything on the forum under XK/XKRs about Quiafe naturally you're posts are the first to address this excellent driveability mod.

I also want to extend a big Thank You to you Tim.... I was hesitant to modify the pulleys on the supercharger due to heat soak issues and if it wasn't for your awesome mods adventure write up I wouldn't have known about Water Meth Injection benefits. You and Ghostrider have been great pioneers and advisors in many mod areas for our 07-09 models.

For now here is the pre Quaife Video:

Sideways Mike XKR loves Donuts!.MPG - YouTube

Post Quaife to come once my Hankooks are ready to be changed.

tlmsail (12-12-2011)
Old 12-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Be careful dealing with Stiegemeier. I made a post regarding his promised porting, with which I was very disappointed. He did not do all the work he promised and when I asked about it he blew up and they began to disparage me and curse me. I did absolutely nothing to excite or enrage them, except to ask why they did not do all the work promised. I even sent them a copy of their work detail e-mail, to which they would not reply. Be careful; Let the buyer beware.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:36 PM

Mike,

Thanks for the comments about the mod article. Now I think I know who I'm talking to. BTW, it's Tom. I know it looks like Tim in the name here "tlmsail." I think it I sent the same article to JgaXkr also. I actually think GhostRider is the real expert here, but I do hope the article helps other Jag owners also. If anyone wants a copy just e-mail me and I'll send it. I'm still trying to figure out how to send pictures in a response. What tire are you replacing the Hankooks with?

Old 12-12-2011, 03:18 PM

Here are some pics of the S/C nosepiece being reduced with S/C on the car. I finally figured this out I think. Hope this works

Attached Thumbnails Tuning an XKR?-img_20110805_114243.jpg   Tuning an XKR?-img_20110805_111957.jpg   Tuning an XKR?-img_20110805_111519.jpg   Tuning an XKR?-img_20110805_111359.jpg  

Quick Reply: Tuning an XKR?