XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

VelocityAP AJ34S 4.2 XKR Dyno tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 04:42 PM
Received 339 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexJag
Lol wow just wow, bravo Cambo! Yes the little mistake , the one 1 byte which all of sudden increases oil consumption through the roof never seen but the myth exists and overriding all mechanical sense of an engine!
Your tuner should apply to work at Jaguar instead or working for pennies on the dollar, finding mistakes like that , I'm sure Jaguar is willing to reward your tuner greatly.
If you bring it up in that context , question for you; how come your Guru have failed to see a problem with his own engine which led his pistons melting? Another factory defect ? Too bad your guru didn't spot it in time, or maybe he created it by an accidental key stroke ? That deadly one byte. Just wow! Kudos to your Guru!
Yes, im a guru and it is as clear as yours futile attempts to sidetrack a conversation from the subject of yours attempts to steal a tune.
Yes, this mistake in a tune do exist, sleeping on a stock hardware. But in a combo with a high flow cats/cats delete and SOME modifications i a tune - it can cause a huge oil consumption and, btw, not overriding an engine physics. You should learn a lot about "how internal combustion engine works", start from a books about SBC, for example.
I used to work in JLR, so what?
You're either a liar or a cheater. In that account, where you've got a photo of mine pistons, there was an info that i knew about problems with cyl.1 since ive bought a car - the spark plug electrode was missing. This car was going yo be a test vehicle anyway, so i pushed it to a limit for a purpose, since the repairs costs me almost nothing and i have nothing to loose (while some collected data is priceless). And, JFYI - pistons were not melted.

Last edited by MoscowLeaper; 09-28-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:56 PM
Sponsor
Received 418 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by MoscowLeaper
Yes, im a guru and it is as clear as yours futile attempts to sidetrack a conversation from the subject of yours attempts to steal a tune.
Yes, this mistake in a tune do exist, sleeping on a stock hardware. But in a combo with a high flow cats/cats delete and SOME modifications i a tune - it can cause a huge oil consumption and, btw, not overriding an engine physics. You should learn a lot about "how internal combustion engine works", start from a books about SBC, for example.
I used to work in JLR, so what?
You're either a liar or a cheater. In that account, where you've got a photo of mine pistons, there was an info that i knew about problems with cyl.1 since ive bought a car - the spark plug electrode was missing. This car was going yo be a test vehicle anyway, so i pushed it to a limit for a purpose, since the repairs costs me almost nothing and i have nothing to loose (while some collected data is priceless). And, JFYI - pistons were not melted.
Wow now your car was an experimental car that you knew would break but you pushed it to the limits? Just wow! I bet you erased all your old threads on drive.ru Russian site by now which btw I have read and you didn't know about any issues. I think I'm staring to see a much clearer picture of who you are

Last edited by AlexJag; 09-28-2019 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-28-2019, 08:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

OK there we go. MoscowLeaper, showed that he has credentials and at JLR, even though I dont see him here selling any tune.

How about you Alex, what's your background in this trade where you can be certain of someone's competency.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:02 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
OK there we go. MoscowLeaper, showed that he has credentials and at JLR, even though I dont see him here selling any tune.

How about you Alex, what's your background in this trade where you can be certain of someone's competency.
I'm self-taught , quick learner how about that I managed to get better and consistent Dyno numbers on 91 gas and I managed to make the tune reliable without blowing up my test vehicle in comparison to the Guru above?
And I don't hide and twist facts in my favor just to put someone else down due to profit at stake. I don't make a living on this , it's just a hobby that started because of passion for cars and improving things. Hope that counts for something btw as to who is selling the tunes ,Moscow Leaper sells all the tunes through Cambo.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:24 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

I'm self-taught , quick learner how about that I managed to get better and consistent Dyno numbers on 91 gas and I managed to make the tune reliable without blowing up my test vehicle in comparison to the Guru above?
And I don't hide and twist facts in my favor just to put someone else down due to profit at stake. I don't make a living on this , it's just a hobby that started because of passion for cars and improving things. Hope that counts for something btw as to who is selling the tunes ,Moscow Leaper sells all the tunes through Cambo.
You forgot to mention the multiple attempted thefts of other people's work.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

I managed to make the tune reliable without blowing up my test vehicle in comparison to the Guru above?
You are missing a key point, tuning and stress testing is taking an engine to the breaking point and then backing off. Or how do you know breaking point without breaking?
Now if his costumers had lost an engine, that would be a different story.
Self-taught, by buying a tune right.

Old 09-29-2019, 02:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 734 Likes on 470 Posts

Alex, Cambo I have found your threads to be most helpful and informative. But really? Cambo you would not sell me a tune because Alex lives in the same country I do? I know nothing about tunes but will be interested in one right after I load up an LSD rear end which is needed far more than a tune in these auto's. When that time arrives I will be looking for a reputable tuner as my money is hard to come by and I'd rather not waste it. Please tell me my options are going to be wide open and not limited to where I live.

Last edited by 1 of 19; 09-29-2019 at 02:56 AM.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:48 AM
Received 320 Likes on 218 Posts

" How dare you! "

Old 09-29-2019, 07:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,285 Likes on 3,449 Posts

My friend told me that his friend said that the Democrats are investigating this Russian interference and collusion.

Old 09-29-2019, 08:51 AM

Oh dear, i hope they won't put a sanctions on me

The following users liked this post:
badicedog (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by 1 of 19
Alex, Cambo I have found your threads to be most helpful and informative. But really? Cambo you would not sell me a tune because Alex lives in the same country I do? I know nothing about tunes but will be interested in one right after I load up an LSD rear end which is needed far more than a tune in these auto's. When that time arrives I will be looking for a reputable tuner as my money is hard to come by and I'd rather not waste it. Please tell me my options are going to be wide open and not limited to where I live.
There is an option. The tune would be flashed through SDD, since it's the only way i can flash data into some areas of the PCM, which are not accesible with tuners equipment. The tune itself would be heavily modified and "binded" to particulat vehicle. Once a tune (downloade by kess/ktag/whatever) or PCM would be installed on a diffrent car - engine would blow as soon as the driver would pust a pedal to the metal. However there's nothing to worry about unless you are not doing such a things

The following 2 users liked this post by MoscowLeaper:
JagRag (09-29-2019), Panthro (01-24-2020)
Old 09-29-2019, 08:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,975 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Originally Posted by MoscowLeaper
Oh dear, i hope they won't put a sanctions on me
Nah, but they’ll spend the next several years babbling on about it, as if it were something important and that the rest of us actually cared.

The following 4 users liked this post by kj07xk:
badicedog (09-29-2019), jahummer (09-29-2019), Panthro (01-24-2020), Stuart S (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member

My apologies, but it was getting too hot in here and I thought we could use some fresh air and cool off a bit.

Laughter is therapeutic.

Old 09-29-2019, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

Only in America does a President who exposes corruption and influence peddling at the highest levels of the U.S. government with foreign governments receiving US aid get impeached. Does it get any more f'd up?

Last edited by Stuart S; 09-29-2019 at 01:41 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Stuart S:
AlexJag (09-29-2019), TexasTraveler (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

Now, now Stuart, you're trying to create a HUGER firestorm than is in here already.

Panthro (10-17-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member

OK, Cee Jay, do me a favor ... and I'll shut up playing the Devil's advocate.

Old 09-29-2019, 02:05 PM
Received 141 Likes on 95 Posts

So Cambo / Moscowleaper. / Alexjag. If I was to purchase one of your tunes each for my stock XKR-S what HP and Torque gains should I expect. I would be more than happy to run a baseline with a stock tune, then both of yours back to back on the same dyno on the same day and post the results on the forum.
Any takers

JagRag (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 970 Likes on 654 Posts

Funny that I'm ready to bite the bullet and get a tune to just clean up the exhaust a little and come into this, Cambo, PM me sometime about a tune. I'm pretty sure I won't get pestered by Alex because I commented on how bad his dyno curves looked.

Old 09-29-2019, 05:04 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mufc
So Cambo / Moscowleaper. / Alexjag. If I was to purchase one of your tunes each for my stock XKR-S what HP and Torque gains should I expect. I would be more than happy to run a baseline with a stock tune, then both of yours back to back on the same dyno on the same day and post the results on the forum.
Any takers
I'm down to do before and after runs of my tune. I'm sure you would be positively surprised with the gains. Pm me we can discuss. Are you near San Diego?

Old 09-29-2019, 05:10 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ranchero50
Funny that I'm ready to bite the bullet and get a tune to just clean up the exhaust a little and come into this, Cambo, PM me sometime about a tune. I'm pretty sure I won't get pestered by Alex because I commented on how bad his dyno curves looked.
Ranchero I don't mind at all working with you. You were looking at raw Dyno graphs untouched first, if you look back at the tread and look at Dyno curve in 4th gear only you will see a nice flatter torque curve all the way to redline, good Afr , solid boost and hp line. Please see competitions Dyno in comparison

Quick Reply: VelocityAP AJ34S 4.2 XKR Dyno tune