XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

West Palm Beach bargain?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 11:59 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

I like their business model. No frills, no BS, it is, what it is. Volume sales, low margins and great deals for the intelligent buyer. No need to meet some scum bag used car sales person feeding you a **** load of BS. Yes, like any car, you will need to do your due diligence; especially, when a sales person feeds you a bunch of crap. The used car business is shady at best. Most dealers buy their cars at auction so why subject yourself to a sales person giving you a bunch of BS. If offleaseonly has a great deal and it is the car you want, you need to be aggressive. Do your due diligence and if it checks out buy it and enjoy it. Stop kicking tires and get the car you want.

I bought all of my cars very quickly because I knew what I wanted and could spot a great deal. I bought my 2013 XKR from a dealer in West Palm Beach. The car had 300 miles on it and was offered at a fantastic price. I called them and immediately wired the funds and have enjoyed my XKR ride ever since. I enjoy all of my cars because I know what I want and I'm not afraid to lay the money out after doing my research.

The following users liked this post:
richzak (03-30-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 01:45 AM
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

DGL, aren't you omitting a little hand-wringing in that story of your purchase? I seem to remember some

Old 03-30-2014, 05:53 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce M.
DGL, aren't you omitting a little hand-wringing in that story of your purchase? I seem to remember some

Yes, I remember it very clearly. My infotainment system had to be shipped to NJ for reprogramming. Not what I expected from a car with 300 miles, delaying the shipment 1 month. The used car manager was very greedy and not helpful. Once he had my money, same day as when I was made aware of the problem he pushed the car aside with me and would not do anything to help with the problem. The car was sold to me as mint. At least the Bentley manager could have offered remedy and have some compassion. On the other hand the salesman was fantastic. It was as close to new as one can get in the used car market and the infotanment system had to be removed and shipped to NJ for repair. Not what I expected. The sales manager just made the situation worse. The lesson learnt is problems happen to all cars at any time and once the seller gets your money they will turn their back on you. I thought the manager of a Bentley new car dealer would have more service.

I don't understand your point Bruce M. My point is their is no difference in buying a car from a polished show room than from offleaseonly. You as a buyer are on your own. Just because a dealer has a polished show room with new Bentleys or other high end cars doesn't make them any different.

Last edited by DGL; 03-30-2014 at 06:03 AM.
richzak (03-30-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 07:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

I got a call last night from the sales guy who told me the XKR was in the shop and when it gets back he will send me some pictures. I guess he didn't know there were pictures on the web site. He also didn't mention why it was in the "shop". He left it on my voice mail so I didn't get back to him.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:22 AM
Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts

I purchased my '08 XK in Delray Beach, just down the road from West Palm. I just happened to be on the lot with a friend who was looking at another car, when the previous owner drove the Jag on the lot. The 81 year old woman was delivering it as a trade in and picking up her new car. I couldn't believe that it was the exact car, including color, that I had been looking for and with low mileage. I had a good look at the car, brought my wife back to see it and take a test drive, checked out the history and made an offer, all before the dealership had a chance to wash it. Easiest sale that guy ever made. There were a number of small items that had to be looked after and I was concerned that after paying for it, the promises would fall through, but to my surprise, the sales guy was excellent and very attentive. Probably the best car buying experience I ever had. That was last November and since it arrived at my driveway, I've driven it about 100 miles. Today, it's sunny, the roads are clear of snow and I just might get out for a spin.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by ndy.boyd
I purchased my '08 XK in Delray Beach, just down the road from West Palm. I just happened to be on the lot with a friend who was looking at another car, when the previous owner drove the Jag on the lot. The 81 year old woman was delivering it as a trade in and picking up her new car. I couldn't believe that it was the exact car, including color, that I had been looking for and with low mileage. I had a good look at the car, brought my wife back to see it and take a test drive, checked out the history and made an offer, all before the dealership had a chance to wash it. Easiest sale that guy ever made. There were a number of small items that had to be looked after and I was concerned that after paying for it, the promises would fall through, but to my surprise, the sales guy was excellent and very attentive. Probably the best car buying experience I ever had. That was last November and since it arrived at my driveway, I've driven it about 100 miles. Today, it's sunny, the roads are clear of snow and I just might get out for a spin.
Enjoy the drive today....it must be very hard to have the car....look at it...but not able to drive it due to weather. Mine gets rolled out today for a nice 40 mile drive to eat a few green chile cheeseburgers and listen to some great blues music.

These cars are great, not only to look at, but to drive. Have fun. Put a few miles on it.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
I like their business model. No frills, no BS, it is, what it is. Volume sales, low margins and great deals for the intelligent buyer. No need to meet some scum bag used car sales person feeding you a **** load of BS. Yes, like any car, you will need to do your due diligence; especially, when a sales person feeds you a bunch of crap. The used car business is shady at best. Most dealers buy their cars at auction so why subject yourself to a sales person giving you a bunch of BS. If offleaseonly has a great deal and it is the car you want, you need to be aggressive. Do your due diligence and if it checks out buy it and enjoy it. Stop kicking tires and get the car you want. I enjoy all of my cars because I know what I want and I'm not afraid to lay the money out after doing my research.
Totally agree with these comments.

Members here have run across some great deals and have posted the ads here. When you find something that meets your needs you need to jump on it. It is hard to find perfection, easy to cast blame and doubt on car dealerships. Research, research, research, ask questions, but don't waste peoples time when looking. Either you know what you want or you don't. Not every dealership can be deemed a crook. Time is money and can create lost opportunities that someone else will grab. If a buyer has the attitude, "I can wait another month", that thought might prevail forever, and you might as well just go buy a Ford or Chevrolet.

These Jaguar XKR's are quite limited as far as availability as members have discussed, once you find one and at a good price point ....you best grab it.

I especially like the comment......highlighted above.

DGL (03-30-2014)