XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

What do you think of these wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,357 Likes on 1,477 Posts
Default What do you think of these wheels?

First of all I am not a fan of most aftermarket wheels. I love the staggered 20" Sentas I have on the car now but I am not crazy about the wheels spacers I am using now and I would like to have wider tires on the rear for increased traction.

I found these wheels as a perfect fit, with offsets that would eliminate the need for spacers to bring the wheels close to the edge of the wheel openings.

What do you think of the design on a lunar grey XKR coupe?

Attached Thumbnails What do you think of these wheels?-aspire-1386790776.png   What do you think of these wheels?-black-chrome-machined-face-1386790776.png   What do you think of these wheels?-ace-aspire-wheels-mercedes-s550-1.jpg  
Old 03-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,201 Likes on 932 Posts

Indifferent to them. Looks too easy to curb rash.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts

Jahummer:

You may want to take a look at this thread which I wrote reference aftermarket wheels for the Jaguar XK/XKR/XKR-S.

The thread Post #1 is very detailed on my experience. It will take about 10 minutes of your time to read the thread and watch the videos.

My Braelin BR02 wheels have arrived and will be mounted on Thursday of this week with photos of my XKR convertible with the new wheels mounted. They are a perfect fitment.

Check this out:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/w...-brand-112076/

Here is what the wheels look like mounted on a 2009 Jag XKR Coupe. This owner took my personal suggestion, and these are the same wheels that I ordered. Turnaround time from production to delivery is about 2 1/2 weeks.

Attached Thumbnails What do you think of these wheels?-20140308_171331.jpg   What do you think of these wheels?-20140308_171350.jpg  

Last edited by richzak; 03-10-2014 at 11:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Stormdk (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts

Beautiful looking wheels, but I'd be willing to bet that whoever designs these wheels has never had to clean them.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by richzak
Jahummer:

You may want to take a look at this thread which I wrote reference aftermarket wheels for the Jaguar XK/XKR/XKR-S.

The thread Post #1 is very detailed on my experience. It will take about 10 minutes of your time to read the thread and watch the videos.

My Braelin BR02 wheels have arrived and will be mounted on Thursday of this week with photos of my XKR convertible with the new wheels mounted. They are a perfect fitment.

Check this out:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/w...-brand-112076/

Here is what the wheels look like mounted on a 2009 Jag XKR Coupe. This owner took my personal suggestion, and these are the same wheels that I ordered. Turnaround time from production to delivery is about 2 1/2 weeks.

Thank you, yes I did read your thread. These are the same brand you chose and the same options of custom bolt patterns and custom offsets.

Attached Thumbnails What do you think of these wheels?-ace-convex-hyper-silver-machined-face.jpg  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by ndy.boyd
Beautiful looking wheels, but I'd be willing to bet that whoever designs these wheels has never had to clean them.
+1 will the small crannies they will be a bear to clean, almost too small for a brush to get in.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jahummer
Thank you, yes I did read your thread. These are the same brand you chose and the same options of custom bolt patterns and custom offsets.

Yes, you are correct......Fastco Canada uses the same molds as the Ace Alloy Convex wheel, but are made in Asia to Fastco's higher standard.

I believe the ACE Convex comes in a 10.5 x 20, and my order for the Braelin BR02 was a 10" wide wheel in the rear and 8.5" in the front.

I ordered them from Canada and because of the exchange rate to the Canuck Buck, it was lower priced for me to go that way.

Yes, Ace will drill the bolt pattern, and the center bore for you. I ended up with the Braelin BR02 due to the superior service that Fastco and the President gave me, along with Ian and because of the price. I did not want to put my 285/20 tire on a 10.5" wide rim.

If you decide to go with the Ace, and since you live in Florida, WheelTech (Jon) in Tampa, Fl can get the wheels for you.

Hope this helps.

jahummer (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Schwabe
+1 will the small crannies they will be a bear to clean, almost too small for a brush to get in.
Ease of cleaning is one of the first things I consider when choosing a wheel.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Ease of cleaning is one of the first things I consider when choosing a wheel.
Since my new wheels arrived just arrived and have NOT been mounted, I sprayed the inside with Meguiars Hot Rim Brake Dust Barrier product giving the inside wheels several coats. I also installed new TPMS's.

Then, I coated the outside of the wheels with the Pinnacle Black Diamond Wheel Coating to repel future dirt and brake dust. This process will help reduce dirt and brake dust substanially.

We all need to remember when washing and detailing any car, wheels take time and patience to clean. The wheels are what helps make any automobile so nice looking. Yes, it might take some extra effort to clean, but using the correct wheel brushes, cleaners, and protectents will make the job so much easier.

The best way to clean a wheel is to remove it form the hub, so the inside can be cleaned properly, but most car owners will NOT take the time to jack up the car and remove the wheels for cleaning. So ultimately, only the outter portion of the wheel surface gets cleanly effectively and properly.

Consider removing the wheel form the hub, cleaning well and applying a brake dust barrier and dirt coating to the inside of the wheel rim. This will make cleaning and your life so much easier in the future.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Veteran Member

Since my new wheels arrived just arrived and have NOT been mounted, I sprayed the inside with Meguiars Hot Rim Brake Dust Barrier product giving the inside wheels several coats. I also installed new TPMS's.

Then, I coated the outside of the wheels with the Pinnacle Black Diamond Wheel Coating to repel future dirt and brake dust. This process will help reduce dirt and brake dust substanially.

We all need to remember when washing and detailing any car, wheels take time and patience to clean. The wheels are what helps make any automobile so nice looking. Yes, it might take some extra effort to clean, but using the correct wheel brushes, cleaners, and protectents will make the job so much easier.

The best way to clean a wheel is to remove it form the hub, so the inside can be cleaned properly, but most car owners will NOT take the time to jack up the car and remove the wheels for cleaning. So ultimately, only the outter portion of the wheel surface gets cleanly effectively and properly.

Consider removing the wheel form the hub, cleaning well and applying a brake dust barrier and dirt coating to the inside of the wheel rim. This will make cleaning and your life so much easier in the future.
I am **** enough to do the same thing!

EDIT: HOW DO I DELETE THIS ATTACHMENT?

Attached Thumbnails What do you think of these wheels?-2012-aston-martin-rapide-review-specification-car.jpg  

Last edited by jahummer; 03-10-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member

It could be these:

Attached Thumbnails What do you think of these wheels?-2012-aston-martin-rapide-review-specification-car.jpg   What do you think of these wheels?-2012-aston-martin-rapide-review-specification-car.jpg  

Last edited by jahummer; 03-10-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Stormdk (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

I agree, it's hard to beat 20" Sentas. For me it would be very important on how much these wheels everyone is mentioning Cost??

First of all I am not a fan of most aftermarket wheels. I love the staggered 20" Sentas I have on the car now but I am not crazy about the wheels spacers I am using now and I would like to have wider tires on the rear for increased traction.

I found these wheels as a perfect fit, with offsets that would eliminate the need for spacers to bring the wheels close to the edge of the wheel openings.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member

My cars get washed about 40 times a year by me, and times that by 2 is a lot of washing. No way am I taking the wheels off 80+ times a year. I can tell you, I do use 4 different brushes, 2 different sponges, and mitts to clean the wheels. Even the back side looks very clean; calipers- great.

I calculated that it was like 30-40 hours a year that a challenging set of wheels can add to my auto detailing; not worth it.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by hawaii
I agree, it's hard to beat 20" Sentas. For me it would be very important on how much these wheels everyone is mentioning Cost??
$1500 for a set of 4

Old 03-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
My cars get washed about 40 times a year by me, and times that by 2 is a lot of washing. No way am I taking the wheels off 80+ times a year. I can tell you, I do use 4 different brushes, 2 different sponges, and mitts to clean the wheels. Even the back side looks very clean; calipers- great.

I calculated that it was like 30-40 hours a year that a challenging set of wheels can add to my auto detailing; not worth it.
I am NOT saying to remove the wheels each time you wash the car.

I am suggesting that you remove the wheels, spray them with a dust barrier, brake barrier coating, and this will keep the inside so much cleaner. Pressure from a hose, or high pressure car wash will simply wash away the debris. Perhaps you pull the wheels 3 or 4 times a year if needed.

Also keep in mind, that some inside wheels are black while others are chrome or a machined aluminum. The black won't show the dirt and brake dust but the chromed or machined alloy will.

To suggest to anyone to remove the wheels 80 times per year would be a bit crazy and I would never suggest that.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by hawaii
Hawaii:

Here's my actual invoice for my wheel purchase which includes everything delivered to my door via UPS....

This invoice is for the Braelin BR02 Hypersilver w/ Machined Face

Description Quantity Unit price Amount
BR02-2085-31KG+35C633 - Braelin BR02 (Hyper Silver with Gloss Machine Face) Wheels 20X8.5 5/108 35mm 63.30 2 $335.99 $671.98

BR02-2000-31KG+25C633 - Braelin BR02 (Hyper Silver with Gloss Machine Face) Wheels 20X10 5/108 25mm 63.30 2 $338.99 $677.98

Subtotal $1,349.96
Shipping/handling $186.28
Total $1,536.24 USD

Terms and conditions
Richard Z 575-XXX-XXXX
2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio. Fitment guaranteed.

These Braelin BR02 wheels are beautiful wheels.

I will post photos on Thursday once mounted on the car. I highly recommend the Braelin brand.

Braelin Alloy Wheels

RedRider48 (03-12-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts

Dunno what size those rims are in the Mercedes picture in your original post, but they look too big/tasteless to me.

As you asked for an opinion, whatever rims you choose, I suggest avoiding going over 20", as its seems surprisingly easy to overdo it and quickly turn your stylish classic into something that looks ghetto-trashy.

jahummer (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JustNiz
Dunno what size those rims are in the Mercedes picture in your original post, but they look too big/tasteless to me.

As you asked for an opinion, whatever rims you choose, I suggest avoiding going over 20", as its seems surprisingly easy to overdo it and quickly turn your stylish classic into something that looks ghetto-trashy.
Agreed, they are 20" just like the Sentas. I have spent years looking at rims and these caught my eye. Like I said at the beginning of this thread I'm not a big fan of aftermarket wheels, in fact I have never bought aftermarket wheels, even with 20+ cars.

RedRider48 (03-12-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Veteran Member

Agreed, they are 20" just like the Sentas. I have spent years looking at rims and these caught my eye. Like I said at the beginning of this thread I'm not a big fan of aftermarket wheels, in fact I have never bought aftermarket wheels, even with 20+ cars.
Both the Braelin Alloy and Ace Alloy wheels provide a great alternative to any OEM Jaguar wheel at fantastic price points.

To replace OEM Jaguar wheels in a 20" staggered setup, the typical cost is $4000+. When you can buy an aluminum monoblock wheel that can now be custom fitted to your auto for under $1500 represents at great value. The only other alternative is exchanging your current Jaguar wheels via a wheel exchange vendor, who takes your old wheels and replaces them with refurbished wheels of the exact same style. Typical cost is $800 to $1000.

Some of the better sellers/producers of wheels now have the capability to mill, drill bolt patterns and center bore wheels for guarenteed fitment. Thus, there is no need for the use of wheel spacers in order for an aftermarket wheel to have proper fitment.

I spent 6 to 9 months researching, calling wheel producers before I found what was an acceptable style, design and price point to fit my 2009 Jaguar XKR. I had to take extensive measurements in order to obtain the proper fitment which is critical. I had a company Fastco.ca that was willing to work with me for my quest to find a wheel that fit. For myslef, it was extremely difficult to find an aftermarket wheel that would fit properly over my oversized UK Alcon oversized brake calipers that are an option on many Jaguar models.

Even the Coventry wheels made for the Jaguar brand exclusively and that are made specifically for TSW Wheels would NOT fit my Jaguar.

No one has to sacrifice any quality by purchasing a monoblock aluminum alloy wheel. I personally see no need or reason to spend $4000 to $5000 for a set of wheels for these Jaguar cars or any other brand. The only reason would be if you like that type of wheel which is usually considered a 3 piece wheel.

Keep in mind that the majority of the monoblock wheels are made in Asia predominately China under strict standards. Just because they are Chinese made does not make them inferior in any way.

All GM wheels are produced in China for GM, which includes Corvette wheels.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
Default look at in action

I think most of the folks on this thread have failed to look at the wheels when the car is in motion. If possible, try and get someone to drive the car the wheels are on at 35 mph.

It isnt only how the wheels look standing still but how they look in motion. Beautiful wheels that are standing still can look horrible with the car rolling. Just a thought. I think they look gourgeous on the above car

Quick Reply: What do you think of these wheels?