XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

What exhaust can provide the same sound as the Performance Active Exhaust on the XKRS

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What exhaust can provide the same sound as the Performance Active Exhaust on the XKRS

I am buying an 2012 XKR.....I love the sound of the XKRS (optional on the XKR) but can only be installed at the factory when you order it.
I read a lot of threads about mina, quicksilver...but I am asking you guys if you can help me decide on which exhaust to install to give me the same sound and growl as the Performance active exhaust found on the XKRS.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Samy

Last edited by samy; 05-05-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Samy, I do not know them so I can't be of any help, I will look youtube video as you can hear it yourself. I had a 1 year nightmare with Arden in Germany with a suspension module I will not advice to use their exhaust or any products from them.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

I have the Mina. Sounds good but not as good as RS. But it is half the price and is just the rear muffler so bang for the buck is good.

I am wanting more noise as I've lowered, done wheels and may do diffuser so I'm going a bit louder and will order Quicksilver.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so you recommend the quicksilver for best tone...(closer to the RS).
The performance active exhaust just sounds perfect...couldn't ask for anything better but I am not sure what to get to get as close as possible to it.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by samy
so you recommend the quicksilver for best tone...(closer to the RS).
The performance active exhaust just sounds perfect...couldn't ask for anything better but I am not sure what to get to get as close as possible to it.
From what I have heard on videos (which admittedly isn't the best way to compare -- but there are no XKs or XKRs where I live), the Quicksilver really changes the tone of the exhaust. It's much deeper and perhaps doesn't really sound like the same car anymore. To some that might be good; to others it might not be so good.

I personally don't like the Quicksilver, so I talked with Paramount Performance and was told the following about the Milltek and their in-house Paramount exhaust:

Milltek - sounds like Fuse 19 pulled out + 10% (max decibel below 102db on full load)

Paramount - sounds like Fuse 19 pulled out + 30% (max decibel is 120db on full load)

Both the Milltek and the Paramount quiet down on light throttle, but, according to Paramount, the Paramount in-house exhaust has all the snap, crackle and pop you could possibly want on the overrun/decel. This "snap and crackle" is what makes it interesting to me because I think the XKR-S has a lot of that in its exhaust note. The XKR-S is not necessarily a deeper tone.

I'm inclined to go the the Paramount exhaust only because the Milltek, which IMO sounds great, doesn't seem "different" enough to justify the cost. On the other hand, the Paramount might be way too loud for a Jag. Thing is, I have the 175 and it already looks more aggressive, so I wanted an exhaust to match. I'm not going to be booting it all day (or so I say now), and it can't be much louder than the Maseratis.

Has anyone heard the Paramount in person? Thoughts?

The following users liked this post:
jagxk2008 (05-08-2013)