XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

What's the best exhaust system to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 08:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
i warned you that you would lose power. This car is a proper engineered car.
Yup... Been there and learned my lesson; $500 lighter in the pocket and two new mufflers in the dumpster. Never again will I attempt an exhaust mod that wasn't well thought out and proven on any future car. I am loving the Larini sports exhaust on the Lotus. Was like Larini and Lotus worked on it together.

Anyone here using the Supersprint Exhaust on their XK?

Old 04-02-2016, 09:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Yup... Been there and learned my lesson; $500 lighter in the pocket and two new mufflers in the dumpster. Never again will I attempt an exhaust mod that wasn't well thought out and proven on any future car. I am loving the Larini sports exhaust on the Lotus. Was like Larini and Lotus worked on it together.

Anyone here using the Supersprint Exhaust on their XK?
Your Lotus is prime example of what I was saying- there is so much engineering that goes into carefully matching one component with the other that companies like GM want Lotus to do it for them on their sports cars.

What you did was the inverse of GM, you gave yourself the benefit of doubt, or worse a company that had a fraction of Lotus' reputation.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

i warned you that you would lose power. This car is a proper engineered car. Thy are applying hillbilly mods meant for mustangs and camaros. I saw someone here remove intake resonators- unbelievable. I think here modifying the dish the cook made is part of car pride hobby. But elsewhere they want the chef to make a better dish that requires no further improvements. And thats the rub, this car comes from a place that doesnt make mustangs that everything can be improved upon. By buying a mod made there you at least get the peace of mind of knowing they were trying to top jaguar engineering and not chysler.
You did warn me, but it was after the fact. Again, I should've chimed in BEFOREHAND...Usually, I'm not so impulsive...well, that not true, I'm still impulsive. I'll grow up one of these days..LOL.... to get back on topic, I'm having the 2-1/4 in pipes re-installed on Wednesday when I do the motor mount. Since I already have the X-pipe, I'm thinking of a Spires stage 2 system. Lothar52 says it's a great way to go...your thoughts?

Old 04-03-2016, 03:51 AM
Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Supersprint

Well I got my non-resonated Supersprint exhausted fitted last week and it sounds absolutely brutal! Only problem is it took nearly 5 month for Supersprint to supply it!

The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (04-03-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by Tatty
Well I got my non-resonated Supersprint exhausted fitted last week and it sounds absolutely brutal! Only problem is it took nearly 5 month for Supersprint to supply it!
I was trying to buy one SuperSprint said it was dependent on getting enough XK orders at once to merit the work. You must have connections! 5 months one heck of a wait. Can you post a clip of it?

Old 04-03-2016, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Originally Posted by bklynchris
You did warn me, but it was after the fact. Again, I should've chimed in BEFOREHAND...Usually, I'm not so impulsive...well, that not true, I'm still impulsive. I'll grow up one of these days..LOL.... to get back on topic, I'm having the 2-1/4 in pipes re-installed on Wednesday when I do the motor mount. Since I already have the X-pipe, I'm thinking of a Spires stage 2 system. Lothar52 says it's a great way to go...your thoughts?
Spires gets it- the essence of this car that is. Go with the one that allows you to switch between normal and hooligan. The sort of driving you say you do, its not nice to hear resonance for 7 hour stretches. It is distortion you know and fatiguing. If it was a muscle car only I would say enjoy the farts. But this car turns itself into a Rolls Royce on the interstate- why give that up if you dont have to?

bklynchris (04-03-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Spires gets it- the essence of this car that is. Go with the one that allows you to switch between normal and hooligan. The sort of driving you say you do, its not nice to hear resonance for 7 hour stretches. It is distortion you know and fatiguing. If it was a muscle car only I would say enjoy the farts. But this car turns itself into a Rolls Royce on the interstate- why give that up if you dont have to?

Agreed. thx

Old 01-08-2021, 10:30 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by steve_k_xk
Like kj07xk I have done the same on mine I have a n/a 4.2 then fitted up the xkr rear box as we have no vacuum hooked up to the diaphragm the valves stay open permanently I'd try this first before spending a lot of funds on aftermarket product. Also in terns of performance the jaguar exhaust is extremely well designed and free-flowing the main restriction is actually lies within the standard cats ..
And is it possible to modify the original valves of the xk?

Old 01-08-2021, 03:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,974 Likes on 1,325 Posts

Originally Posted by Xk646
And is it possible to modify the original valves of the xk?
Probably, you just have to open one up and see what’s in there.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,548 Likes on 895 Posts

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...cation-173530/

tarokyama drilled his valves out on the n/a xk (thread #31) there’s also a diagram of how the semi active exhaust valve works

kj07xk (01-09-2021)