XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Wheel Executives

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Wheel Executives

I really like the look of the Rennen M9 on the Jaguar XK/XKR and rather than convince myself I liked some other pair b/c no one else had them I went ahead and bought a set I knew looked incredible on our cars... Thanks Ghostrider for the inspiration!

I ended up getting them through Wheel Executives and the transaction couldn't have gone smoother. I'm overseas right now so trying to find a trustworthy vendor was a big concern. Their service was fantastic! I actually got 3 quotes from 3 different vendors and for the same spec and custom finish they were considerably better priced. The sales rep Joey constantly kept me updated on the progress and was great to deal with from the initial order all the way through to when I received the wheels.

These are a totally custom built wheel so they are made to fit our cars straight from the manufacturer and they have a lot of options on other styles and other brands as well.

I'm sure most have already seen them on Ghostrider's XKR so here's just some pics of them out of the box.

Attached Thumbnails Wheel Executives-photo.jpg   Wheel Executives-box.jpg   Wheel Executives-m9-b.jpg  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nice!!!

Enjoy them Mike... I'm like you I can't make a decision on buying something without seeing how it looks first.

They are a hot wheel

Old 02-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

I really like those wheels as well. The balance of the black and silver is great.

Originally Posted by Mike V
I really like the look of the Rennen M9 on the Jaguar XK/XKR and rather than convince myself I liked some other pair b/c no one else had them I went ahead and bought a set I knew looked incredible on our cars... Thanks Ghostrider for the inspiration!

I ended up getting them through Wheel Executives and the transaction couldn't have gone smoother. I'm overseas right now so trying to find a trustworthy vendor was a big concern. Their service was fantastic! I actually got 3 quotes from 3 different vendors and for the same spec and custom finish they were considerably better priced. The sales rep Joey constantly kept me updated on the progress and was great to deal with from the initial order all the way through to when I received the wheels.

These are a totally custom built wheel so they are made to fit our cars straight from the manufacturer and they have a lot of options on other styles and other brands as well.

I'm sure most have already seen them on Ghostrider's XKR so here's just some pics of them out of the box.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Banned
Received 256 Likes on 218 Posts

Well done, Mikie !

Last edited by user 2029223; 05-30-2014 at 07:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mike V (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Really nice...

Mike V (02-06-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

Nice Mike! Just becareful not to curb them. I curbed my passenger rear the last day before storing it for winter. My wheel place where I bought them said $300 to refinish them.

Mike V (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by GhostriderXKR08
Nice Mike! Just becareful not to curb them. I curbed my passenger rear the last day before storing it for winter. My wheel place where I bought them said $300 to refinish them.
Thanks Ghostrider! I'm already paranoid about curbing them and I haven't even mounted them yet. My Sentas are scratched on both sides, don't ask how I managed that. The worse part with the Sentas is if they even sniff a pothole they warp, I'm hoping these are more structually durable in that aspect.

PS I'm loving the Smart Car XKR pic of your car... or should I say Smaguar!

Last edited by Mike V; 02-08-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Will the Jaguar center caps work in these wheels?

Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

Mike....looks like you got the newer center cap. Mine is still the older one:

Attached Thumbnails Wheel Executives-m9wheel_zpsc481b8c1.jpg  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Default As ordered

Originally Posted by GhostriderXKR08
Mike....looks like you got the newer center cap. Mine is still the older one:
Hey ghost, I actually specified I wanted the mono-color center cap, I though it added to the concave depth, maybe not. I would guess mine are more inexpensive b/c the way yours are painted would be more intricate. Imagine getting the black in the letters just right? Tough.
In searching the net for others pics of the M9s I noticed some didn't have the white lettering so I also made sure to specify I wanted them with the white lettering b/c seeing it on yours gives the wheel a really sporty look. I've noticed in pics of the new Ferrari 612 the tire sidewalls actually have white lettering and imho it looks awesome especially on a lo pro tire. I hope the look is making a come back

Attached Thumbnails Wheel Executives-ferrari-612-gto-concept-24.jpg  
Old 02-13-2013, 04:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope the look is making a come back

+1

Old 02-14-2014, 11:45 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I just got off the phone with Joey at Wheel Executives and wow, am I impressed. I'm terrified to pull the trigger on a new set of wheels because of these big ol' Alcons, but he remembered dealing with Mike and everything seemed to have went smoothly there. So, I too will be ordering a set of M9s for my 2009 Portfolio. Now, all I have to do is figure out what color I want. Would it be tacky to replace the black inner bits with Shadow Grey to match my paint color?

Old 02-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

Those are great looking wheels! Congrats!

Mike V (02-14-2014)
Old 02-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

the wheels look great, enjoy

Mike V (02-14-2014)
Old 02-14-2014, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by GritsNCornbread
I just got off the phone with Joey at Wheel Executives and wow, am I impressed. I'm terrified to pull the trigger on a new set of wheels because of these big ol' Alcons, but he remembered dealing with Mike and everything seemed to have went smoothly there. So, I too will be ordering a set of M9s for my 2009 Portfolio. Now, all I have to do is figure out what color I want. Would it be tacky to replace the black inner bits with Shadow Grey to match my paint color?
I've had zero issues fitting the M9 with my alcons and I actually have more clearance from them now then I had with the oem sentas. Also these M9s are a lot more durable then oem wheels. A GTR at the drag day I attended (other thread) had the M9s too and this guy was pushing over 800hp!

I think color matching the inner bits to your car would look awesome!

Old 02-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,126 Likes on 797 Posts

I've noticed in pics of the new Ferrari 612 the tire sidewalls actually have white lettering and imho it looks awesome especially on a lo pro tire. I hope the look is making a come back
You used to be able to buy lettering paint for that very purpose. The logos are generally sufficiently raised to allow you to pick them out in white, though those Goodyear drag-style letters probably stand out even more from the sidewall to make the job easier.

Old 02-15-2014, 12:15 AM
Received 190 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Go For It!

GritsNCornbread ... are you forgetting ... there are no rules! And it sure as hell doesn't make any difference what anybody else thinks. If you want them to match your car, that's all that matters! Do you get your hair cut in a way so other people will like it ... hell no! Well, same with clothes, same with cars. It's your toy! Go for it!

Old 02-15-2014, 12:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,126 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by GritsNCornbread
Now, all I have to do is figure out what color I want. Would it be tacky to replace the black inner bits with Shadow Grey to match my paint color?
The Vortexes (Vortices?) on the 75 have a dark grey "technical" finish that closely matches the Stratus Grey bodywork:

Wheel Executives-img_7106-small.jpg

I like the look, but Shadow Grey seems paler than Stratus Grey and I'm not sure you'd get sufficient contrast between the painted and metal sections. Maybe the darker grey would be a good compromise.