XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Wheel paint codes

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts
Default Wheel paint codes

Does anyone have or know where I can find the paint code for the 2012 Nevis wheels. Looking to get some touch up paint and the paint shop can't do a photo match because of the contours . Also hard to do a chip match up considering there are to many subtle differences. Just askin.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,320 Likes on 3,465 Posts

Finding Jaguar wheel paint codes is difficult if not impossible. I know because I tried and gave up. I recommend Plan B to save time, money, and aggravation.

Stop by your local chain auto parts store armed with a sheet of white paper and a pen or pencil. Go to the touch-up paint aisle and look for the small Dupli-Color bottles with the brush in the cap. Put a smear of each shade of silver on that sheet of paper marked with the color code and name. Hold that paper next to your wheel, compare the colors, and choose the closest one. Buy it in the rattle spray can, do it yourself (lots of how-to YouTube videos) and you'll save $$$.

If all you're doing is curb rash, you may be pleased with the result. But it won't be as good as a professional complete refurb. Your paint shop might have the formula to mix that paint code or may be willing to use the rattle can. If you do all 4 wheels no one will be able to tell that it's not the exact OEM color. Don't forget to clearcoat after the color coat.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Finding Jaguar wheel paint codes is difficult if not impossible. I know because I tried and gave up. I recommend Plan B to save time, money, and aggravation.

Stop by your local chain auto parts store armed with a sheet of white paper and a pen or pencil. Go to the touch-up paint aisle and look for the small Dupli-Color bottles with the brush in the cap. Put a smear of each shade of silver on that sheet of paper marked with the color code and name. Hold that paper next to your wheel, compare the colors, and choose the closest one. Buy it in the rattle spray can, do it yourself (lots of how-to YouTube videos) and you'll save $$$.

If all you're doing is curb rash, you may be pleased with the result. But it won't be as good as a professional complete refurb. Your paint shop might have the formula to mix that paint code or may be willing to use the rattle can. If you do all 4 wheels no one will be able to tell that it's not the exact OEM color. Don't forget to clearcoat after the color coat.
Tried the paint shop route and looked at maybe 50-75 color chips and thought we had it. Got so bad that I was blinded by all of the shades of silver. Made up a bottle but after trying it on another wheel from our old Volvo the paint doesn't match the Jag. I'll go in another direction but I gotta admit the color I had made up is a good looking silver metal flake.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 654 Likes on 478 Posts

The paint on my wheels is made with layers that show the underlying layers by not being thick/opaque.

You won't duplicate it with any single batch of paint, you'll need each of the layers.

You could send the wheels to Germany or Italy and have them redone using the same process.

The materials used in the process are not legal in the U.S.

Alternative is to re-do in something you can get done here in the U.S.