XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Who makes the nicest interiors

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 10:35 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I can respect that cee jay. It seems a whole nicer though when that mmi screen comes out of the dash and sitting in those comfy massaging seats turn on. It will grow on you a bit. It's a phenomenal soft white ambient lighting thru out the car at night and the side step in door glow a nice bluish white as you step in showing the audi s7 logo. I swear it's nicer than the pic shows

Lol I sound a sales rep at a audi dealership

Old 02-11-2016, 02:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,369 Likes on 3,180 Posts

Originally Posted by SalsaCat83
I can respect that cee jay. It seems a whole nicer though when that mmi screen comes out of the dash and sitting in those comfy massaging seats turn on. It will grow on you a bit. It's a phenomenal soft white ambient lighting thru out the car at night and the side step in door glow a nice bluish white as you step in showing the audi s7 logo. I swear it's nicer than the pic shows

Lol I sound a sales rep at a audi dealership
The very uncomfortable one I drove was a 2013, so maybe (hopefully) they improved the ergonomics. I still think it looks a tad ancient though, right in the dash-to-console area mostly.

Old 02-11-2016, 03:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I most certainly will concur on one thing. Both my xkr's and an xfr I was able to drive both provided a better combination of performance and comfort. I'm unfamiliar with most generations of audi's and assume maybe they follow similarities with BMW which seems to me they have generation after generation model after model of unenthusiastic and basically unchanged interiors. M models or not

Old 02-11-2016, 04:15 PM
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

The Maz looks classy, the Audi does nothing for me.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 319 Posts

Great to see this thread has so many opinions. I would love to fit front seats from the xkrs or such like to my car. Has anyone done this to the early models such as mine.

Attached Thumbnails Who makes the nicest interiors-seats.jpg  
Old 02-15-2016, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by powerhouse
Great to see this thread has so many opinions. I would love to fit front seats from the xkrs or such like to my car. Has anyone done this to the early models such as mine.
Who made that seat for them? Kind of looks like a Sparco.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:20 PM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm happy with the interior on my XK. Its the nicest of any car I've owned including Audi, BMW, and Cadillac. That said I've seen a DB9 and Maz GranT interior and both were nicer...but also a lot more money.

The following 2 users liked this post by Slee_Stack:
Ian D (02-22-2016), mosesbotbol (02-22-2016)
Old 02-20-2016, 06:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by Slee_Stack
I'm happy with the interior on my XK. Its the nicest of any car I've owned including Audi, BMW, and Cadillac. That said I've seen a DB9 and Maz GranT interior and both were nicer...but also a lot more money.
Have to say Slee_Stack that is the nicest combinations i have seen, love the color of the seats and stitching, the wood color does fit in nicely, great package. What is the name of that interior. Have you any more pics of your car.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Great combo. Sharp look.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:11 PM

Thanks for the compliments.

Its London Tan / Warm Charcoal. It was offered beginning in 2012. I do like the matching stitching which even extends to the steering wheel.

When I went looking for XKs, the interior color combo was actually more important to my wife and I than the exterior. It took months of looking to find.

Ill post more pix when I can get a better shot. The only other interior pix I currently have are a bit dark.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:19 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Great combo. Sharp look.
What exterior color is that. As others posted, I just adore that color combo. Very sharp

Old 02-22-2016, 07:28 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
What exterior color is that. As others posted, I just adore that color combo. Very sharp
I was referring to the interior combination. It looks like the exterior is White.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:03 AM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Slee_Stack where did you get your foot rest from? Lovely interior by the way, looks great!

Old 02-22-2016, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Start with the fact that absolutely no one does coachwork like the British. The best of interiors in Ferrari and Maserati were always supplied by Great Britain. It was said that BMW bought Rolls Royce to learn the art of wood.

Jaguar has always used the best such as Connolly (I have some original Connolly hides- they are sublime). The challenge they have had lately is that they are desperately trying to run away from being associated to geriatric motoring. Unfortunately the stuff that makes an interior beautiful and luxurious are things like rich woods and warm tan colors, as you can see in the brands who dont have a geriatric image problem. Also America has become Jaguar's supporting market where the tastes for fine coachmanship dont exist. So they dont even offer their best colors (such as true London Tan {note there is no Berlin Tan}) in USA. They do so in UK.

I spent a year trying to find the right color combination, I do think its better than any other interior on a car under $100K

The following users liked this post:
Tervuren (02-23-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ian D
Slee_Stack where did you get your foot rest from? Lovely interior by the way, looks great!
Ordered the pedal covers from this thread.

The following users liked this post:
Ian D (02-25-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 09:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 654 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
Start with the fact that absolutely no one does coachwork like the British. The best of interiors in Ferrari and Maserati were always supplied by Great Britain. It was said that BMW bought Rolls Royce to learn the art of wood.

Jaguar has always used the best such as Connolly (I have some original Connolly hides- they are sublime). The challenge they have had lately is that they are desperately trying to run away from being associated to geriatric motoring. Unfortunately the stuff that makes an interior beautiful and luxurious are things like rich woods and warm tan colors, as you can see in the brands who dont have a geriatric image problem. Also America has become Jaguar's supporting market where the tastes for fine coachmanship dont exist. So they dont even offer their best colors (such as true London Tan {note there is no Berlin Tan}) in USA. They do so in UK.

I spent a year trying to find the right color combination, I do think its better than any other interior on a car under $100K
I agree, the US wants "trendy".

Trendy at the moment, coated plastic to look shiny. I don't really like this trend, so I went with an alternative. I liked the non coated plain *cheap* looking plastic interiors of two decades ago better.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:07 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the compliments.

Its London Tan / Warm Charcoal. It was offered beginning in 2012. I do like the matching stitching which even extends to the steering wheel.

When I went looking for XKs, the interior color combo was actually more important to my wife and I than the exterior. It took months of looking to find.

Ill post more pix when I can get a better shot. The only other interior pix I currently have are a bit dark.
I think the london tan/charcoal is a great combo and I would have liked to have found it in my search but it was a rare combo for the XKR. Enjoy it.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:24 AM
Veteran Member

I like the 80's jaguar color interiors like burgundy/ox blood and royal blue. Wish they still offered colors like those.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Tervuren
I agree, the US wants "trendy".

Trendy at the moment, coated plastic to look shiny. I don't really like this trend, so I went with an alternative. I liked the non coated plain *cheap* looking plastic interiors of two decades ago better.
Yes it is stupid on multiple levels, the gloss black for instance, not only is it fake and cold, its wrong (shows every speck of dust, scratch and fingerprint)
and you are being sold plastic at titanium prices.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I like the 80's jaguar color interiors like burgundy/ox blood and royal blue. Wish they still offered colors like those.
Yes when they use that lustrous ox blood in custom cars- few things are as beautiful. Especially with black exteriors.

I have figured it out that each new generation is brainwashed in accepting less- because it means more for the bean counters. I cant believe how prevalent black leather that resembles vinyl has become.

Do people realize that it fries the valet's ****, and those guys wear the shortest shorts. Its a sauna without a towel. At least black vinyl can be cleaned with disinfecting soap.

Quick Reply: Who makes the nicest interiors