XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Winter guys do you park it

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,048 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by J5hort
Thinking the XKR may be a bit better in snow but not much. Do you guys in cold weather areas put different tires on it? There may be an odd chance it will need to drive on plowed surfaces with residual snow.
That was my original intent, as I have winter tires for both our other cars, and they make a huge difference.
I was going to dump the tires that came on the 19" wheels with the XK (even though they only have about 5000 miles on them) and put a set of Blizzaks on them, and then use the 20" wheels I recently bought with a nice set of all seasons for the non-winter months.
Turns out I'm not happy with the new all seasons on the 20" wheels, so I'll keep the tires on the 19" wheels as is, and use them for long distance drives on any upcoming summer vacations, until they wear out, and then I'll get some Blizzaks (my other cars have Michelin X-Ice tires, but they are not made in a size to fit the XK).

Old 12-02-2016, 11:51 PM
Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts

I never liked the idea of storing machinery. I try to drive mine for at least a 20 mile ride every two weeks all winter (in Chicago). I can manage to still let 'er never see snow. In the worst case 1-2 times a year I may have to go a few blocks on some hard-pack to get to the highway but I make it on those ice cold, sunny, chalky dry days and put on a full warm up and a few good miles and get it back to the garage.

Old 12-03-2016, 12:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 258 Posts

I have two verts both, of which, are in my heated garage for the winter. I do store them with full tanks, fuel stabilizer, and CTeks connected. Sleep well my lovelies.......