XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

X150 Fuel Filter

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 09:39 AM
Received 293 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
"filter".
More like an old gym sock.
The sytem in the X150 actually seems quite similar to the one in my S-Type that I have had out and changed. There is a "sock" filter at the bottom of both - quite normal, I believe. The S-Types, like the 4.2 X150s have a "normal" fuel filter in the fuel line. The 5.0 Jaguars have this upper flange that incorporates the main fuel filter as illustrated above by jahummer:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...2/#post2540782

There are aftermarket units for the XF and the XJ for reasonable money but the C2D24406 for the X150 seems to be, so far at least, "Jaguar-only".

I'm assuming that the filter in the flange unit is not replaceable.

Old 04-11-2024, 12:21 PM
Received 198 Likes on 115 Posts

from 5.0L workshop manual:

The pump module takes fuel from both sides of the fuel tank and supplies it to the fuel delivery line via the PVV and the
mounting flange. The pump module is mounted in the RH (right-hand) side of the fuel tank, on a bayonet fitting welded to
the bottom of the fuel tank.
A swirl pot is integrated into the base of the pump module housing. A 60 micron filter is attached to the swirl pot inlet at the
base of the housing.
The fuel pump is an electric, variable speed, vane pump installed in the top of the housing. The pump has a maximum rated
flow of 234 liters/hour (61.82 US gallons/hour) at 12.2 V and 4.5 bar (65.3 lbf/in.2).
The inlet of the fuel pump is located in the center of the swirl pot. Pipes connect the two outlet ports of the fuel pump to the
PVV and to a jet pump on top of the housing. The jet pump draws fuel from the LH (left-hand) side of the fuel tank through a
suction pipe connected to the remote pump housing. A 'spider trap' in the remote pump housing prevents the ingress of
larger pieces of debris.
Operation of the fuel pump is controlled by the FPDM. The fuel pump is connected to the FPDM via an electrical connector on
the underside of the mounting flange.

Old 04-11-2024, 01:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,061 Likes on 852 Posts

0087 0088 on 5.0 is a hpfp chain jumped time or one of the hpfps giving out.

clogged low pressure supply is almost never an issue

Old 04-18-2024, 11:19 AM
Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Thank you very much for your info.
rsdmitch7

Old 04-19-2024, 07:31 PM
Received 198 Likes on 115 Posts

I'd like to add that the fuel pump flange which contains the fuel filter, will NOT fit through the access port under the back seat.
Either cut the hole larger or drop your fuel tank.

Old 04-20-2024, 08:15 AM
Received 299 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by trkyam
I'd like to add that the fuel pump flange which contains the fuel filter, will NOT fit through the access port under the back seat.
Either cut the hole larger or drop your fuel tank.
Cutting the hole larger is a BIG mistake! IMHO. Proper sealing of the hole will be lost and you will smell fuel and exhaust henceforth.
The resale value of your car will plummet and your respect for yourself as a craftsman will be lost.

Removing saddle style fuel tanks is a PITA. The task LOOKS daunting. But plan each step. take your time and it CAN be done.
Hint: Remove as much fuel as possible. Mark the drive shaft and flange for reassembly. Use very substantial supports for the car and have a helper to support the exhaust and tank at critical moments. It is possible to loosen the suspension bolts to remove the tank but a complete disconnect for clearance is "just as easy". The process has been discussed on this forum. If replacing the flange/filter is the task, consider replacing the fuel pump, especially for a higher mileage car. Also, do the fuel level sender TSB if retaining the original unit. You'll feel proud having accomplished the task once, but foolish doing it twice.
Good luck!

Old 04-21-2024, 04:50 AM
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi All.
Does anyone know the part number and where in the US I can order a fuel filter for a 2007 XKR?

Old 04-21-2024, 05:27 AM
Received 341 Likes on 208 Posts

Look at SNG Barratt in Marketplace which is forum sponsor. You can find the part number there and order from them. They may also offer a discount to forum members

Old 04-22-2024, 11:37 AM
Received 299 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by trkyam
from 5.0L workshop manual:

The pump module takes fuel from both sides of the fuel tank and supplies it to the fuel delivery line via the PVV and the
mounting flange. The pump module is mounted in the RH (right-hand) side of the fuel tank, on a bayonet fitting welded to
the bottom of the fuel tank.
A swirl pot is integrated into the base of the pump module housing. A 60 micron filter is attached to the swirl pot inlet at the
base of the housing.
The fuel pump is an electric, variable speed, vane pump installed in the top of the housing. The pump has a maximum rated
flow of 234 liters/hour (61.82 US gallons/hour) at 12.2 V and 4.5 bar (65.3 lbf/in.2).
The inlet of the fuel pump is located in the center of the swirl pot. Pipes connect the two outlet ports of the fuel pump to the
PVV and to a jet pump on top of the housing. The jet pump draws fuel from the LH (left-hand) side of the fuel tank through a
suction pipe connected to the remote pump housing. A 'spider trap' in the remote pump housing prevents the ingress of
larger pieces of debris.
Operation of the fuel pump is controlled by the FPDM. The fuel pump is connected to the FPDM via an electrical connector on
the underside of the mounting flange.
@trkyam, thank you for posting the quote from the manual.

A bit of clarification for those who haven't seen the manual or the pump yet:
The fuel tank is a saddle design that straddles the drive shaft and exhaust pipe resulting in low points on two sides.
There are two fuel pumps in the tank, one on each side.
An electric pump is located in the right side, within a plastic tank that serves as a temporary reservoir and as a support for the fuel level sender.
As noted above, the electric pump is small but quite powerful. Normally submerged, the pump dissipates heat to the fuel and will overheat if run dry.
The second pump, located on the left side, is a "jet pump". The jet pump uses the "venturi effect" to transfer fuel back to the right side. The jet pump/venturi effect uses pressurized fuel through a nozzle to "induce" flow. Worth a "Google". Helps explain why such a powerful mechanical pump was used.
Removing the fuel tank for filter or pump service provides an opportunity to completely clean accumulated trash by draining and then mopping the residual with a clean cloth.

Good luck.

The following 2 users liked this post by Bill400:
bgpenguin21 (04-23-2024), trkyam (04-22-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by V7Sport
Look at SNG Barratt in Marketplace which is forum sponsor. You can find the part number there and order from them. They may also offer a discount to forum members
Thank you V7Sport. I ordered a fuel filter from SNG, they have it in stock in GB and are shipping it to me in the US. It will take 7-10 business days which I think is very fast. Since I am doing maintenance and not a repair, it really doesn’t matter if it took longer. This is the last maintenance item needed on my 07XKR convertible 67k miles in Winter Gold.

Old 04-25-2024, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Stucciarello
Thank you V7Sport. I ordered a fuel filter from SNG, they have it in stock in GB and are shipping it to me in the US. It will take 7-10 business days which I think is very fast. Since I am doing maintenance and not a repair, it really doesn’t matter if it took longer. This is the last maintenance item needed on my 07XKR convertible 67k miles in Winter Gold.
You’re welcome. Ordered from the UK? You may not have realized Barratt’s has a US branch in New Hampshire.
Glad you are keeping the car in good order!

Old 04-26-2024, 06:43 AM

Us didn’t have it in stock. They ordered it for me from UK.

Last edited by Stucciarello; 04-26-2024 at 06:45 AM. Reason: L
The following users liked this post:
V7Sport (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Stucciarello
Us didn’t have it in stock. They ordered it for me from UK.
Got it