XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XK , XK XKR Daily Driver

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Daily driver for me. I wash it once a week regardless of weather and my only garage is at work...

Old 08-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in Philadelphia and I use her as a daily driver.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Received 123 Likes on 89 Posts

been using mine as daily driver since I got it. No problems whatsoever.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Daily driver here as well! Even if I had four other cars in the garage, it would be hard not to jump in this every morning. There's something *magical* about surgically slicing through the common junk which is strewn about the Florida highways.

e

Old 08-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Daily driver here as well. About 12K/yr. S. California so the top is down a lot. Purchased mine 14 months ago. No reliability probs whatsoever. Makes commute very enjoyable!

Old 08-04-2012, 02:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got mine a week ago and I use it as a daily driver (the milage can compare with any other decent car). Of course I was anxious when I had to leave it at a parking lot for the first time. But what is the alternative? buying some cheap car for daily use and leaving the Jag in the garage? What fun would that be.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Marco1689
I just got mine a week ago and I use it as a daily driver (the milage can compare with any other decent car). Of course I was anxious when I had to leave it at a parking lot for the first time. But what is the alternative? buying some cheap car for daily use and leaving the Jag in the garage? What fun would that be.
Exactly. I decided when I bought it that I wasn't going to let the possibility of a ding prevent me driving it when or where we wanted, and I wasn't going to make my wife or friends hike miles every time I parked it. The car's supposed to be fun, not a burden to use, and I wasn't going to repeat the **** parking rituals of the past. And my wife couldn't be happier about that!

Bruce

Old 08-22-2012, 06:27 AM
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Yup - 70 mile commute each way Coax 30-31mpg out of her too

Old 08-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

When one tries too hard to avoid a ding, guess what happens... Karma. I am not foolish where I park, but I am not jumping through hoops to find a space.

This car is the hardest car I have ever driven in terms of where the nose is. Maybe someone over 6" has a better line, but if I think I am close, I am way too close to the nose...

Old 08-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
When one tries too hard to avoid a ding, guess what happens... Karma. I am not foolish where I park, but I am not jumping through hoops to find a space.

This car is the hardest car I have ever driven in terms of where the nose is. Maybe someone over 6" has a better line, but if I think I am close, I am way too close to the nose...
I've only had my car for one week, and I'm still trying to get a feel for its dimensions when parking. If the parking space has a concrete barrier, then that's easy because I just turn on the parking assist and it tell me how far to pull in, but when I park at a place like the grocery store, where the spaces have no barriers, I have no idea how far to pull in. The other strange thing is that I also don't have a good feel as to where the lines are on either side of the parking space. There have been several times where I thought I had parked right between the lines, but when I got out of the car, I saw that I was way off to the right, and over the line. It's embarrassing to have to get back in the car and try again. :-)

Old 08-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

It is kinda tricky to guess the front of the nose. I still often misguess it.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by aahmichael
I've only had my car for one week, and I'm still trying to get a feel for its dimensions when parking. If the parking space has a concrete barrier, then that's easy because I just turn on the parking assist and it tell me how far to pull in, but when I park at a place like the grocery store, where the spaces have no barriers, I have no idea how far to pull in.
Same thing here. Most shopping area parking lots near me have belgium blocks for curbing. I usually end up parking the nose just over the top of the belgium block with less than 1/2" to spare. I swear that one day I'm going to scrape the bottom of the nose on this curbing.

Mike

Old 08-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Banned
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

You bought it to enjoy it.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:57 AM
Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol

I had mine for 3 months and got stuck in a massive hailstorm. I totally freaked, but the PDR guys fixed everything good as new. I don't worry so much about it anymore... damage is fixable and chips and stuff aren't the end of the world anyway. Does not change my enjoyment level while driving...

Old 08-24-2012, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by mjsammon
Same thing here. Most shopping area parking lots near me have belgium blocks for curbing. I usually end up parking the nose just over the top of the belgium block with less than 1/2" to spare. I swear that one day I'm going to scrape the bottom of the nose on this curbing.

Mike
I did....this week! At a parking garage at my office (my co-workers INSISTED that I would come by car some day so they could check it out).
I scrapped a block in front of the parking spot. I never noticed it because my vision was blocked by the wheel and apparently it was so low that the PDC did not pick it up either. Oh man.. that scraping sound is so awefull. It is in the same category as the dentist's drill!

Fortunately the bumper was not damaged. I guess the PDC takes care of that. Only the plastic cover underneath that I assume is there for this exact situation was scratched.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:25 PM
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Marco1689
I did....this week! At a parking garage at my office (my co-workers INSISTED that I would come by car some day so they could check it out).
I scrapped a block in front of the parking spot. I never noticed it because my vision was blocked by the wheel and apparently it was so low that the PDC did not pick it up either. Oh man.. that scraping sound is so awefull. It is in the same category as the dentist's drill!

Fortunately the bumper was not damaged. I guess the PDC takes care of that. Only the plastic cover underneath that I assume is there for this exact situation was scratched.
Ouch!! Sorry to hear about that. Now I'll be extra extra careful when parking in lots with these curbs.

Maybe someday Jaguar will put a PDC sensor underneath the front bumper.

Mike

Old 08-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine is daily driver as well. Will be taking my first trip from
Dallas TX to San Antonio, TX the end of September. Can't wait!

Old 09-01-2012, 02:47 AM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I use mine as a daily driver too. Travel around 80k's a day. Love it. Getting stuck in traffic has never been so much fun No probs ....so far..

Old 11-18-2019, 09:04 AM
Default REALLY????

Originally Posted by bluebird
Yup - 70 mile commute each way Coax 30-31mpg out of her too

Just skimmed through these posts, as I'm seriously considering buying a 2008 XK, with 109,000 miles. Just confirming some of the maintenance has been done, before I buy. So to hear you say that you get 30-31 MPG, may push me over the edge and pull the trigger. Currently driving a BMW 330i with a 6-speed manual. I agree, I don't like driving the mundane and want to enjoy the many hours I spend in the car each day. I do around 140 miles a day.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 571 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Moore
Just skimmed through these posts, as I'm seriously considering buying a 2008 XK, with 109,000 miles. Just confirming some of the maintenance has been done, before I buy. So to hear you say that you get 30-31 MPG, may push me over the edge and pull the trigger. Currently driving a BMW 330i with a 6-speed manual. I agree, I don't like driving the mundane and want to enjoy the many hours I spend in the car each day. I do around 140 miles a day.
I wouldn't count on seeing 30mpg regularly. Best I get on the highway is around 26. Around town, 15-17 is normal for me.

The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (11-18-2019)

Quick Reply: XK , XK XKR Daily Driver