XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XK or XKR

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Hailers
I'd say buy a 5 liter non supercharged '10 XK. Has the power of the 4.2 liter XKR made prior to '10 and would have less stress on that engine than the earlier 4.2's.

Or the '10 or newer 5 liter XKR with a bunch more hp and bigger engine than the prior '10 Jags.

That said, I'm pleased as punch with my humble '07 XK without supercharger....for now anyway.

If I've mucked up the above, I'm sure somebody will straighten it out.
I've got one of the 2010 XKs with the 5.0 liter. I bought it new and really did not want to spend the extra money for the XKR since you are coorrect that XK is about as fast as the previous generation XKR (4.2L Supercharged). My XK is so much faster than the 99 XK8 model I traded in that I felt I didn't need anymore power. These 2007 and newer XKs are aluminum and are lighter/faster than the previous steel bodied XK8s.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I visited a local Jaguar showroom today, and had a chance to inspect, turn-on (but not drive) several XK models. With the help of this wonderful forum, the information and advice from knowledgeable participants, I have come to a model decision. In the next several months I will be shopping for a 2010 Jaguar XK. I will post my purchase.
Thank you yo' all.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts
Default 2011 xkr 175

I just bought a 2011 XKR 175 with 3,500 miles with the window MSRP sticker on it. I'm extremely pleased with the car.

Shop around and get the best you can get for your cash. Just be aware of your speeding and enjoy it when you can. Good luck.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had my 03 xkr for about four months now and I have a very heavy feet and I haven't had any tickets or cops for that matter. When you get an xk or xkr you will fall in love lol

Old 01-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

The power is very sufficient for my needs/wants. Absolutely no complaints in the power department.

The only complaint I have about the '10 XK is the terribly clunky navigation system and lack of bluetooth streaming from my iPhone 5 (bluetooth telephone connection is available, just not music streaming). I've heard the newer models have a media interface upgrade? For music I hook up my old iPhone with the old generation plug that comes with the car, and even in my other car with great nav software I still use my iPhone for maps, so that's not a huge deal. But if these are important to you, just know it might be a minor annoyance (like in my world, where I pout that my 3-year old car doesn't wow me with the latest technology).

Old 01-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Muddydog
The power is very sufficient for my needs/wants. Absolutely no complaints in the power department.

The only complaint I have about the '10 XK is the terribly clunky navigation system and lack of bluetooth streaming from my iPhone 5 (bluetooth telephone connection is available, just not music streaming). I've heard the newer models have a media interface upgrade? For music I hook up my old iPhone with the old generation plug that comes with the car, and even in my other car with great nav software I still use my iPhone for maps, so that's not a huge deal. But if these are important to you, just know it might be a minor annoyance (like in my world, where I pout that my 3-year old car doesn't wow me with the latest technology).
My 2013 also doesn't do bluetooth music streaming. What's weird is that on the XJ forum, there are threads that talk about people plugging their iPhone into the USB port, and the phone automatically reverts to bluetooth music streaming, even though that's not what they want it to do. I have a 4s, and I use the iPod connector for music and to charge the phone. I have no idea what the USB port is supposed to do, because when I plug into that, the only thing it does is charge the phone. The audio system doesn't recognize that my phone is plugged in.