XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XK or XKR floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 03:06 PM
Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts
Default XK or XKR floor mats

I ordered some floor mats from a US company in January. Two months later I realised they never delivered. Upon follow up, they told me they couldnt customize because i requested the word Jaguar embroidery. In frustration, I cancelled the order and bought elsewhere. Here is the new look

The following 3 users liked this post by Malawi:
1fldsqn (08-24-2020), gkubrak (09-25-2019), tberg (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 03:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 571 Likes on 386 Posts

I like those. I've been seeing the ad pop up on my social media feeds for a while now. How is the quality? Installation looks clean....

Last edited by shemp; 09-25-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by shemp
I like those. I've been seeing the add pop up on my social media feeds for a while now. How is the quality? Installation looks clean....
Quality is good. Easy installation. U just have to tuck em in. They are customized to fit the XK/XKR. I have had them for 6 months. Multiple color options.

The following users liked this post:
shemp (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,285 Likes on 3,449 Posts

Obviously from China where there is no enforcement of copyright infringement. Why support a brutal Communist country that steals US trade secrets, sells us medicines - Heparin and Valsartan - that are contaminated with lethal poisons, and sets the stage for WWIII by seizing and militarizing the Spratly islands in South China Sea and holding military exercises with Russia? And the list goes on. You should have bought the plain carpet mats that are Made in the USA and brought them to a local embroidery shop to do the Leaper logo. It probably would have been less expensive, looked more like the factory mats, and made you feel better than you do now after reading my rant.

Old 09-25-2019, 03:38 PM
Received 233 Likes on 110 Posts

I have similar mats. Did you have to remove the trim pieces to tuck the edge in? I see the clips on the inside edges (they look like guitar pics). Mine has this but you have achieved a neater look on the outsides...as if you removed the trim and then reinstalled with the liner underneath.

Old 09-25-2019, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by winstonsalemncxk
I have similar mats. Did you have to remove the trim pieces to tuck the edge in? I see the clips on the inside edges (they look like guitar pics). Mine has this but you have achieved a neater look on the outsides...as if you removed the trim and then reinstalled with the liner underneath.
Yes, remove the trim and it will be a snug fit. The clips are not holding much...

Old 09-25-2019, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by winstonsalemncxk
No need to remove centre console..just tuck in. Remove side door trim to install front Mats..the remove rear seats and tuck in. I used a trim remover to get them nice and snug

Old 09-25-2019, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Obviously from China where there is no enforcement of copyright infringement. Why support a brutal Communist country that steals US trade secrets, sells us medicines - Heparin and Valsartan - that are contaminated with lethal poisons, and sets the stage for WWIII by seizing and militarizing the Spratly islands in South China Sea and holding military exercises with Russia? And the list goes on. You should have bought the plain carpet mats that are Made in the USA and brought them to a local embroidery shop to do the Leaper logo. It probably would have been less expensive, looked more like the factory mats, and made you feel better than you do now after reading my rant.
Jesus christ man...take a chill pill or something. Did u actually read my post about my frustration in not getting my order from a US company? And to make it worse they never called to tell me my order wouldn't ship until I followed up 2 months later.

The following 2 users liked this post by Malawi:
Margaret P. Clarke (09-26-2019), MarkyUK (09-26-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 07:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,367 Likes on 1,482 Posts

I had these made in the US, super quality, better than OEM

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/p...r-mats-138533/

Old 09-25-2019, 08:07 PM
Received 226 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Malawi
Jesus christ man...take a chill pill or something. Did u actually read my post about my frustration in not getting my order from a US company? And to make it worse they never called to tell me my order wouldn't ship until I followed up 2 months later.
Don't mind Stuart he buys lost of stuff from China https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...covers-130873/

Margaret P. Clarke (09-26-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 09:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 875 Likes on 633 Posts

I'm not one to argue too much Stuart, because I am also worried about China, and my distrust is growing daily. But lets stop a moment and take a walk through your home, okay? You know... glance at all that kitchenware, the living room nic-naks and picture frames on the wall, the sheets on your bed, the various tools in your garage, and the large chunk of clothing and shoes hiding in your closet.... What percentage says "Made in America"?

While speaking of copyright infringement, having the Jaguar logo embroidered here in the US does indeed break US copyright laws and if you specifically requested it from a US supplier and then took possession of said goods knowing this, does that not make you an accomplice in violating those very laws? Malawi conscious can be clear in that respect.

You're not alone though, and I can empathize with your rant. It is an unfortunate reality, but I think we all fall into that "Guilty as charged" column.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,285 Likes on 3,449 Posts

Hafren, That was before I realized the error of my ways. I now prefer to Buy American whenever possible. As a last resort, I'll buy products made in China or Russia but only if they're essential. As a veteran, I make every effort to not support our enemies.

P.S. Clever name, I'm not so sure that a single, personal-use of a copyrighted logo would be a crime. What's the amount of damage to the copyright holder?

Last edited by Stuart S; 09-25-2019 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Added P.S.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 875 Likes on 633 Posts

P.S. Clever name, I'm not so sure that a single, personal-use of a copyrighted logo would be a crime. What's the amount of damage to the copyright holder?
I dont want to turn this into something it doesn't need to be, but yes, the proprietor that stitched your logo did indeed violate the law, and yes, technically you can consider yourself an accessory knowingly accepting illegal goods, regardless whether Jaguar would or wouldn't care to pursue you. US law has no concern for excuses like "I only did it once!" or "I didn't know."

They will however care about your proprietor. I too have floor mats (probably made in china, IDK), but stitched in the USA.
That seller no longer offers logo stiching, apparently because she was served a Cease and Desist notice. I have no idea if she was fined, or just scared to death by the threat of court action, probably to the tune of many tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I also am a veteran, and have been a public servant in local municipalities for 18+ years. I too try to hold myself to higher standard for the betterment of my country (people dodging online taxes while screaming at the lack of street or utility maintenance is my pet peeve). But I cannot stand on a soap box claiming others are flawed and unpatriotic when I myself am guilty of the same crimes.

This China issue is a national problem we all get to feel guilty about.

Old 09-26-2019, 02:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 577 Likes on 324 Posts

Because I'm unafraid to ask the dumb/obvious question: does anyone just order replacements from a dealership? What is the cost?

Old 09-26-2019, 02:58 AM
GGG
Received 16,851 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Let's keep the thread on the topic of FLOOR MATS with or without logo and leave the political rants to other appropriate forums.

Graham

The following 2 users liked this post by GGG:
hafren (09-26-2019), winstonsalemncxk (09-26-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 05:00 AM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Malawi
I ordered some floor mats from a US company in January. Two months later I realised they never delivered. Upon follow up, they told me they couldnt customize because i requested the word Jaguar embroidery. In frustration, I cancelled the order and bought elsewhere. .....
Where did you buy these?

I found this company: https://www.customein.com/products/c...917518fa&_ss=r

Custom Car Floor Mat in Leather with Logo (Diamond Stitching)

Regular price$248.00 Sale price$149.00 USD

Last edited by GGG; 09-26-2019 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Remove images from the quote - no need to repeat these
Old 09-26-2019, 07:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice, I emailed the other company trying to get black ones embroidered. I don’t care where they come from because I’ve travelled all over the world and appreciate people who can replicate anything. Can you provide the link so I can order an embroidered set please and thank you.

Old 09-26-2019, 08:02 AM
Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

Hafren, That was before I realized the error of my ways. I now prefer to Buy American whenever possible. As a last resort, I'll buy products made in China or Russia but only if they're essential. As a veteran, I make every effort to not support our enemies.
Why I personally never touch anything German. Oops- off topic........

Old 09-26-2019, 09:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,367 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Originally Posted by CleverName
While speaking of copyright infringement, having the Jaguar logo embroidered here in the US does indeed break US copyright laws and if you specifically requested it from a US supplier and then took possession of said goods knowing this, does that not make you an accomplice in violating those very laws?
This company stopped embroidering leapers for that reason but was told that the word "jaguar" itself is not a violation as long as the font is not exactly the same as Jaguar's font.

Old 09-26-2019, 09:49 AM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

funny we're debating USA vs foreign on a forum dedicated to Jaguar. I know, I know, Jag is also made in USA now but before Ford getting involved it is still a British made originated product. lol.

MarkyUK (09-26-2019)

Quick Reply: XK or XKR floor mats