XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XKR 175 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default XKR 175 Exhaust

Just took delivery of my 175 from Naples Jag. Love it so far...coming from a E92 M3, it's much more comfortable and a true GT car with so much more torque. The M3 was much more high strung...especially in M mode and Dual Clutch Trans.

However, I am really wanting to get more out of the exhaust. I immediately pulled the fuse 19 to keep flaps open but still would like more without having any internal drone. After researching, I've narrowed my list to the following: Milltek, QuickSilver, and Larini. Anyone with experiences here or recommendations...again, I've researched and, unlike the M3, there seems to be a very limited information on various exhausts for the 5.0 XKR.

Future upgrades also include tint (a must in TX) and some H&R wheel spacers. Here is a pic being loaded up for delivery last week.

Attached Thumbnails XKR 175 Exhaust-dsc07687.jpg  
Old 02-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on your new car, I love it!
I also want a new exhaust, in fact I just emailed my husband a youtube video of a quicksilver exhaust. I loved the way it sounded!
For tint, I would go to pro tint in plano. Park place tinted my windows for me but I was unhappy with the back ones as they are a little tricky to get really up close to the molding and I ended up taking it to pro tint a for a redo and they did an excellent job.
Enjoy your new car. I got mine about 2 months ago and I love it more and more each day!

Old 02-15-2012, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kellybelly
Congrats on your new car, I love it!
I also want a new exhaust, in fact I just emailed my husband a youtube video of a quicksilver exhaust. I loved the way it sounded!
For tint, I would go to pro tint in plano. Park place tinted my windows for me but I was unhappy with the back ones as they are a little tricky to get really up close to the molding and I ended up taking it to pro tint a for a redo and they did an excellent job.
Enjoy your new car. I got mine about 2 months ago and I love it more and more each day!
Thanks. Yeah, I agree, Pro Tint is the way to go...I've used them for many years. With regards to the exhaust, I think I'm leaning towards Milltek. Afraid the QS might be just a little too loud and not sure if it's worth paying the extra $ for the Larini. I'm still a week or two out from purchasing so if you get yours soon, please let me know...I'd love to hear it. By the way, there is another XKR 175 up here in Frisco. Wow, what's the odds of that!

Old 02-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How much is the larini? I just looked at the website, very pretty...
It will be a little while before I get a new exhaust because I want an ECU tune and pulley at the same time and Im still waiting on more people with the 5.0 engine to do it first. Let me know which one you end up going with and who does the install.
I feel like I see a lot of black XKRs around town. When I didnt have mine I never saw them!

Old 02-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

IMO the best sounding exhaust comes from Mina Gallery!

Old 05-06-2012, 12:53 PM

How much is the larini? I just looked at the website, very pretty...
It will be a little while before I get a new exhaust because I want an ECU tune and pulley at the same time and Im still waiting on more people with the 5.0 engine to do it first. Let me know which one you end up going with and who does the install.
I feel like I see a lot of black XKRs around town. When I didnt have mine I never saw them!
I ended up going with the Milltek. WOW! Sound is amazing and has absolutely no drone whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I can barely tell a difference at idle. But when you put your foot down, it's ferocious with a nasty snarl. In my opinion, this is how it should sound from the factory. Only issue was that one of the hangers in the mid pipe didn't line up. Installer had to cut that hanger but it didn't effect the overall install....still very stable. Nice appearance as well and much less weight than the stock unit.

http://youtu.be/bPvE73KFM40

Thinking of possibly powder coating the wheels black as my next upgrade.

Last edited by Foggy916; 05-06-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: adding video
Old 05-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

It will be a little while before I get a new exhaust because I want an ECU tune and pulley at the same time and Im still waiting on more people with the 5.0 engine to do it first.
Same thing here. I'm a little skiddish about pulling the trigger for an ECU/pulley upgrade until I hear from other 5.0 owners on this forum. Especially since my vert is still under warranty.

Mike

Old 05-07-2012, 04:54 AM
Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Excellent. So now there are 3 XKR's in North Dallas suburbs! So we definitely now have to arrange once per month meets or something.

Thanks for the report on Miltek. I was leaning toward Mina but since I'm in the process of moving back to Dallas I've not ordered anything yet. Would love to hear the Miltek in person after we get to Dallas. That alone may seal the deal as I've not heard any aftermarkets in person yet.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:27 AM

Just send me a PM if you ever want to meet up and have a listen. Pretty sure that will seal the deal for you.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Here's a silly question: Do the 3rd party exhaust upgrades affect the Jag warranty?

Old 05-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

The Larini sounds amazing on their site. Very popular choice with the Maserati crowd. I am leaning towards the Mina. Seems like the most popular choice and priced well.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
The Larini sounds amazing on their site. Very popular choice with the Maserati crowd. I am leaning towards the Mina. Seems like the most popular choice and priced well.
Money no object and if you have the patience to wait for the order, I would definitely go with Larini. I've seen and heard their Masterati exhaust in person....very nice. With regards to Mina, I thought that is just a muffler/rear section, not a cat back system that includes the mid pipes.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by aahmichael
Here's a silly question: Do the 3rd party exhaust upgrades affect the Jag warranty?
I've had several exhaust systems on everything from Audi, BMW, Porsche, and now Jaguar. Never did I once have anything mentioned to me about warranty by the dealer's service department. As a matter of fact, they've installed a bunch of my 3rd party exhausts. Now if you're talking about ECUs, pulleys, etc, that's another story since those could potentially have an effect on your engine. Those are the upgrades you need to check with the dealer first.

The following users liked this post:
aahmichael (05-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Check out this video. Larini took a dual pipe 2007 XK, and turned it into a quad pipe growler.

Jaguar XK with Larini Sports Muffler System - YouTube

Old 06-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Default Powder Coated Wheels and Trimbrite Blackout Tape

Originally Posted by Foggy916
I ended up going with the Milltek. WOW! Sound is amazing and has absolutely no drone whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I can barely tell a difference at idle. But when you put your foot down, it's ferocious with a nasty snarl. In my opinion, this is how it should sound from the factory. Only issue was that one of the hangers in the mid pipe didn't line up. Installer had to cut that hanger but it didn't effect the overall install....still very stable. Nice appearance as well and much less weight than the stock unit.

Milltek Exhaust on 2011 Jaguar XKR - YouTube

Thinking of possibly powder coating the wheels black as my next upgrade.
I ended up powder coating the wheels with Wheel Technologies in Dallas. Went with a dark grey metallic. Love how they turned out.

Also applied Trimbrite blackout tape to the chrome window trim. The tape install is very tedious but a relatively inexpensive upgrade. My only recommendation is to take your time and use a VERY sharp razor. Two rolls is plenty.

Attached Thumbnails XKR 175 Exhaust-img_jag1.jpg   XKR 175 Exhaust-img_jag2.jpg  
Old 06-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

That Larini is the one for sure. That sound is perfect for any BigCat. Love it.