XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XKR Dynamic tracking parameters?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 02:54 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default XKR Dynamic tracking parameters?

Hi all,
2013 XKR Convertible
does anyone have the parameters for the Dynamic model steering & tracking? I’m wanting to go to the dealership fully armed with the info for comparison.
story so far..
jag dealer had my car in on Monday for annual service & noted I’d probably hit a pothole as the tracking is out & would I like it adjusted. Asked how they knew it was out, they informed they have a new piece of kit which when driven over measures tyre depth & basic geometry.
I decided although expensive, it was easier to get done while it was there, so agreed.
They phoned to say it was done & e.mailed the tracking before & after settings. It was at this point I noticed it said XK/ XKR Except dynamic pack option XKR-s &GT. I questioned this as mine has the Dynamic pack fitted. Service man said don’t worry the settings go by vin number.
When I went to collect I said I still had concerns, so they checked with the technician & agreed they have set it up incorrectly, my vin number doesn’t seem to have the dynamic pack set to it. We printed off the build sheet & it’s definitely factory fitted, so there’s a glitch somewhere.
They’ve now had it a further 3 days saying there’s a problem with their tracking system & they’ve been waiting for an engineer. Seems it’s not that at all & tomorrow they’re going to put it on machine then contact the machine manufacturer & get settings from them. I suggested they could put a vin number in from another dynamic car for the settings, but they said they can’t do that.
So the upshot is, I’m in need of the correct settings to A. Check what they have done is correct, & B have the correct settings for when I get it adjusted next time.
Cheers