Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   Is this the xkr that Jaguar should have made (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/xkr-jaguar-should-have-made-145851/)

Versatile2 08-04-2016 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by steve_k_xk (Post 1262005)
Is it just me but i believe the fx design rear bumper has resemblances to the rear end of a gransport maserati

It's definitely just you :)

steve_k_xk 08-05-2016 03:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Versatile2 (Post 1510174)
It's definitely just you :)

Take a look I was referring to the fx kit and maserati gransport

powerhouse 08-05-2016 03:56 AM

I like the front especially. The rear, i still think needs a bit of work, a new rear light style. It's the lights that make the rear look the same. As we know the front bumpers and lights have changed through time on the xk, but the rear has stayed the same apart from led lights. The boot section still gives the old rear look, there's no point just adding the bumper section.
Anyway imagine if jaguar had to do this kind of a change in styling to the xk , it would still be a seller i think.

steve_k_xk 08-05-2016 04:35 AM

Powerhouse i think f-type style tail lights would have been a better idea for the xkr face lift model,

Having said that i still think the xk/r looks awesome from the rear

powerhouse 08-05-2016 06:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by steve_k_xk (Post 1510287)
Powerhouse i think f-type style tail lights would have been a better idea for the xkr face lift model,

Having said that i still think the xk/r looks awesome from the rear

Have to agree with you there on the f-type tail lights. If you're going to upgrade the whole front of the car the rear needs to be done as well. I still love the rear of mine though especially since i added rear spacers.

EZDriver 08-05-2016 07:02 AM

Got a question for you guys. Where do you put the front license plate that some states require here in the US?

steve_k_xk 08-05-2016 07:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by powerhouse (Post 1510353)
Have to agree with you there on the f-type tail lights. If you're going to upgrade the whole front of the car the rear needs to be done as well. I still love the rear of mine though especially since i added rear spacers.

What rear springs have you got ?

Also you look to have an aftermarket exhaust , how does it sound? which brand ?

Mine with the Adamesh springs

powerhouse 08-05-2016 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by steve_k_xk (Post 1510384)
What rear springs have you got ?

Also you look to have an aftermarket exhaust , how does it sound? which brand ?

Mine with the Adamesh springs

Sitting on standard springs, if i went for lower here in Ireland it would be a disaster, roads are crap. As for the exhaust it is Elite RR rear box and just one centre box.
We talked before on a post on this,

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-noise-146931/

kj07xk 08-05-2016 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by EZDriver (Post 1510366)
Got a question for you guys. Where do you put the front license plate that some states require here in the US?

The topic has been discussed in several threads, here's a good starting point:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...debate-152938/

Search for 'license plate' and you'll find others. Choices range from commercial to custom mounts, to skipping the plate altogether, and seeing how long before they get stopped.

Since I didn't want to drill my bumper, I went with a tow-hook mount. Some people think it looks goofy, being offset from center, so I'll investigate the under bumper mount techniques sometime, but its pretty low on my priority list right now.

Cee Jay 08-05-2016 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by EZDriver (Post 1510366)

In the Boot. If you get stopped and warned/ticketed for it, show it to the officer and say you've been looking for a way to mount it but can't find one as of yet.

JackJohn 08-05-2016 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a lousy picture but you will get the idea. There is a single bolt under the nose centered up, I made a bracket that uses that bolt and as a result, there aren't any holes in the in the plastic nose cone.

Leeper 08-05-2016 12:36 PM

Mine is loosely mounted (tossed) into the rear area that stores the spare tire. A few years back I was pulled over in my other car on the CA freeway (I5 near Laguna Beach) just for not having a front plate visible and cited... that ran me $25 as a fix-it ticket. I just double sided taped it to the bumper, had a cop sign it off, then tore it off as I left the parking lot and put it back in the trunk for next time. Don't care for the look of front license plates and if it runs me $25 every 10 years or so then so be it.

I can't believe a CHP would pull me over in the slow lane doing 65mph which was below the speed of traffic for the sole purpose of not having a front plate... just stupid!

steve_k_xk 08-05-2016 04:46 PM

Leeper it does look very low in your picture

Ahh yes how could i forget about the elite rear box im pretty sure i commented as it being of the best sounding exhaust on the market in that thread