XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XKR - Madison Jaguar buying experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 03:48 PM
Banned
Received 238 Likes on 180 Posts

CA also has some buyer protection but it looks like NJ also only covers things like engine and transmission issues which it doesn't look like he has here. He needs to get all of his facts right before he does anything a lot of what he is thinks is wrong may not be

Last edited by Leeper; 05-31-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 633 Likes on 410 Posts

Hence why I say limited coverage. There is a claim of some rough idle and backfire, as I mentioned earlier in this thread that would be something to use this coverage to address.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

I am only going to encourage and be helpful by saying this may actually be a fantastic opportunity if one plays their cards right.

You may be able to get your engine in better shape than most used cars. You may even get repaired known and upcoming issues with this car. Timing chain, phasers, water pump. They rather fix stuff than see that car back.

If I went into Jaguar with a rough idle, trust be they would have me over a barrel and tell me I needed everything.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 734 Likes on 470 Posts

OK so you bought a used car and found some issue's. A real Shocker. Used cars have issue's. So fix it. Nothing mentioned except possible backfire is that big of a deal. So fix it. If the dealership will not step up to the plate how about you just fix it? It's a nice car.

Old 06-01-2016, 06:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
He bought from a Jaguar dealership, a car that had been sold and serviced there all its life. In other words, he could not have bought it from any place better- technically.

He is absolutely right that an XK is a gent's car, at least will help you become one. And every gent should expect the best service when he shops at the right place. Any place that has Jaguar on the door is such a place.
This is key. This car should be as good as it gets from a consumer stand point. I am sure the dealership used the fact that they've maintained this car since new as a selling point. This dealership should make a sophomore attempt to make the car as nice as one would expect for its history.

I bought my XK under very similar circumstances and did not see it in person. It was a trade in on a newer XK and all I had was the saleswoman's description and some pictures... Then again, the closest Jaguar dealer to my house in Sudbury, MA had an XK trade in that was total POS. It was so beat up and crappy, I found it hard to imagine they'd actually put it on the lot. Pretty much the whole car need painting and car was beat to death. Why would they try to sell this car? Is that befitting to the marque or in line with a dealership that shares land with Rolls Royce, Bentley, Lamborghini, and Maserati? There shouldn't be one junker anywhere in sight for sale IMO...

Old 06-06-2016, 09:09 PM
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

scubayachts,

You are not the only person to have had a bad experience at this dealership.

While not going into specifics, I will say that I have had run-ins with the salespeople, business manager and GM. Also there is a fellow over in the F-Pace forum that had a bad experience with them.

Given that I live about 20min drive from Madison Jaguar, I will not do any further business with them including warranty work (they've changed the tech staff at least 3 times since I bought my XKR back in 2011).

I am a member of the Empire Jaguar club and we had our last meeting at JLR headquarters in Mahwah, NJ. I asked the JLR rep why they allow this behavior at the dealerships. He told me that JLR corporate has little influence over the dealers. This is so unfortunate since the dealers give the "first impression" of the Jaguar marque to the public.

I only hope more forum members read this thread and decide carefully before making a trip to this dealership.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:46 AM
Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

I understand that Madison Jaguar is now Jaguar of Morris County. This reflects the fact that the Paul Miller Group bought the dealership. Do you have any experience with the Paul Miller Group?

Old 06-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Received 334 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsammon
scubayachts,

I am a member of the Empire Jaguar club and we had our last meeting at JLR headquarters in Mahwah, NJ. I asked the JLR rep why they allow this behavior at the dealerships. He told me that JLR corporate has little influence over the dealers. This is so unfortunate since the dealers give the "first impression" of the Jaguar marque to the public.

Not sure why the rep said that. I had an issue with Jaguar of Paramus NJ and I called Jaguar corporate and they got on the phone and got it resolved ASAP for me.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Received 104 Likes on 63 Posts

scubayachts,
I only hope more forum members read this thread and decide carefully before making a trip to this dealership.
Who are you using now? I've only been there a few times for minor service.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by SeanU
Who are you using now? I've only been there a few times for minor service.
I haven't decided yet. For warranty work I'll probably look at the dealers in Edison and Paramus before going out of state. For out of warranty, there's an indy Jag shop in Flemington that I hear is good.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:42 AM

I haven't decided yet. For warranty work I'll probably look at the dealers in Edison and Paramus before going out of state. For out of warranty, there's an indy Jag shop in Flemington that I hear is good.
I see that there are 2 indy shops in Flemington that advertise expertise in Jaguar. Which have you heard about?

Old 06-11-2016, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by SickRob
I see that there are 2 indy shops in Flemington that advertise expertise in Jaguar. Which have you heard about?
I've spoken to George at Authorized Imported Cars in Flemington. He also specializes in heritage restorations. I don't know the other shop you're referring to.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:50 AM

Flemington Foreign Car on Rt. 12, by the Main St. circle. My little brother uses them for his American car and likes the people and their attitude. I don't have any feedback about them from a Jag owner. I plan to visit both shortly.