XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XKR owners: what do you NOT like about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question XKR owners: what do you NOT like about your car?

My complaints are for some of the aesthetics of the car:

-I dont like the circular part of the tail lights in the back. I wish the XKR had the XF tail lights. It just looks a hundred times better.

-The head lights in the front. I think the 2012+'s made great improvements with the head lights as they look more confined and sharper. And the new "Audi" style LED-strip head lights look REMARKABLE. But for our 2007-2011's, I sometimes think our headlights look like the eyes of a fish.

Those are my only two complaints.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

XKR owners: what do you NOT like about your car?

Owners that complain about silly stuff...the car is perfect

Old 11-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

easy no oil temp gauage and no sunroof

oh yeah an the dashboard pulling on the 09s and under

Old 11-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default sun reflects

The blinding sun reflection , when it hits the chrome rotary dial.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by evasive

-I dont like the circular part of the tail lights in the back. I wish the XKR had the XF tail lights. It just looks a hundred times better.

-The head lights in the front. I think the 2012+'s made great improvements with the head lights as they look more confined and sharper. And the new "Audi" style LED-strip head lights look REMARKABLE. But for our 2007-2011's, I sometimes think our headlights look like the eyes of a fish.

The rears lights are an easy fix, you can put the new 2012 rear lights on the car, as I have done to mine.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

no sun roof... other than that... i lub my car!

Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No launch control or dual clutch tranny. Regardless, there's nothing I hate about my XKR and it's one of the best car's I've owned.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Lack of gauges or telemetry. If nav screen was like GTR that would be perfect solution without changing the looks.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

No launch control, plastic shift paddles, small gas tank (16 gal). Other than that- fantastic car.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

I have a sunroof. It's awesome. O.o

I don't like the lack of gauges either. But... I think that's about it. It's a great GT. It doesn't tire you on long drives like sports cars do. Plus, it's pretty close to what sex wrought in aluminum would look like.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

I don't have a XKR only a XK but don't like the antenna and stock ford taurus grill bar.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by hawaii
I don't have a XKR only a XK but don't like the antenna and stock ford taurus grill bar.
Take out the fuse that controls the power antenna and you are already working on the gril. The OEM replacement grill is nice quality and fits perfect. Easy to wash too.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have to agree with others. Oil temp gauge for sure!

Besides that the car is brilliant!

Old 11-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

The gas tank is small, and the GPS is not user friendly. However, neither of those things keeps me from absolutely loving my car.

Yesterday I even experienced something new in the car. it was very cold here last night so I turned on the heated seats and the heated steering wheel. Wow!! It felt sooooooooooo nice!

Old 11-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by evasive

I didn't like the look of the round part in the tail lights either but I didn't want to spend $1200+ to convert to 2010+ and also have to fiddle with wiring (the famous bulb out warning). I went with something much cheaper . As for the front lights I used lots of LED bulbs in the unit (making sure not to change the turn signal bulbs to avoid another "bulb out" warning) and also covered them up in black. Fixes both problems and the car looks great...

Attached Thumbnails XKR owners: what do you NOT like about your car?-john-2.jpg   XKR owners: what do you NOT like about your car?-john-8.jpg   XKR owners: what do you NOT like about your car?-john-9.jpg  
Old 11-06-2012, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by djgold
I didn't like the look of the round part in the tail lights either but I didn't want to spend $1200+ to convert to 2010+ and also have to fiddle with wiring (the famous bulb out warning). I went with something much cheaper . As for the front lights I used lots of LED bulbs in the unit (making sure not to change the turn signal bulbs to avoid another "bulb out" warning) and also covered them up in black. Fixes both problems and the car looks great...
No warning light problems with my conversion.
I'd say do the whole lot, you're half way there...kinda looks a mish mash what you currently have.
The new lights completely refresh the back end

Old 11-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The entire info-screen is horribly slow,
the gas tank is too small,
blind spots with the top up are huge,
but the car is still amazing and I love it.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,354 Likes on 3,482 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnnnnnyy
No warning light problems with my conversion...
Johnnnnnnyy,

Can you give us more details? Did you use the Adamesh kit [click: jaguar accessories | jaguar xk and xkr | led rear lights] including the tail lamps and wiring harness? If not, who supplied the parts? Did you do the install yourself or have a shop do it? I note that you're in the UK - do you know if there are any differences between UK and US cars that would cause problems? Thanks for your help.

Stuart

p.s. I am aware of this previous post: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...updates-36907/

Last edited by Stuart S; 11-06-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: add p.s.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 484 Likes on 405 Posts

I don't have any XKR yet, but I think my biggest complaint is of the 2007-2009 models not having a true manual mode for the automatic transmission. It will still kick down in manual mode if you push the gas hard enough in a higher gear, and it will upshift at redline.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Johnnnnnnyy,

Can you give us more details? Did you use the Adamesh kit [click: jaguar accessories | jaguar xk and xkr | led rear lights] including the tail lamps and wiring harness? If not, who supplied the parts? Did you do the install yourself or have a shop do it? I note that you're in the UK - do you know if there are any differences between UK and US cars that would cause problems? Thanks for your help.

Stuart

p.s. I am aware of this previous post: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...updates-36907/
Hi Stuart,

Yes I used the Adamesh conversion. It also works fine for you guys in the US too.
For those who don't know, you have four dummy lights with regular bulbs that sit in between the rear LED lights to fool the system into thinking the old lights are still there. These sit hidden away in the back. The kit comes with really cheap bulbs, I think due to things bumping around they blow easily....hence why some complain. It's a really easy fix buying good quality bulb, since then I've had no problems.

I had a auto electrician fit these for me. From what I saw it wasn't too complicated to fit....but I have a terrible habit of breaking stuff when I become a home mechanic LOL. I found it's less painful and cheaper in the long run to pay someone!

I got my lights from Jagland in the UK, they seem to have a constant supply of parts.

The following users liked this post:
Stuart S (11-07-2012)

Quick Reply: XKR owners: what do you NOT like about your car?