XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XKR Performance Seat Swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2023, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XKR Performance Seat Swap

Hello, first post on the forums after lurking for a while and searching for some answers.

I'm looking at buying a 2011+ XKR (post face-lift) and had a question regarding swapping the standard or luxury seats with the performance ones (or the ones from XKR-S or performance F-Type seats). I think the performance seats look fantastic, but they rarely come up so was planning on getting some from a car that's being parted in the future.

Is it a simple plug and play swap? I know there are fewer adjustments and they are not ventilated, but other than that, would heating and other (supported) controls still work without having to code them?

I know people have swapped them out and there are several threads on the forums but none seem to clarify what's required. I'm in the UK so losing ventilation doesn't bother me and even with the F-Type performance seats not having a tilt function for rear seat access, realistically the rear seats aren't much more than a glorified parcel shelf so also wouldn't bother me that much if the seats would swap over over and controls + heating would still work.

Old 03-08-2023, 12:12 PM
Received 228 Likes on 112 Posts

Did it on mine. Well - not a terribly difficult one. But I ended up opening performance seats to use harness from my original (lux) seats. As there are multiple types of harness (I believe UK vs US, not sure how about EU - different plug to connect with the interior harness). But once harness was replaced- rather easy (couple of connectors for ventilation not used).

Bear in mind that it is not only about seats. Side airbags (in the seat) are also different. You can reuse the old one - but they will not seat perfectly (a bit bolder vs airbags from performance seats).

The following users liked this post:
Null0 (03-08-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 12:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmich
Did it on mine. Well - not a terribly difficult one. But I ended up opening performance seats to use harness from my original (lux) seats. As there are multiple types of harness (I believe UK vs US, not sure how about EU - different plug to connect with the interior harness). But once harness was replaced- rather easy (couple of connectors for ventilation not used).

Bear in mind that it is not only about seats. Side airbags (in the seat) are also different. You can reuse the old one - but they will not seat perfectly (a bit bolder vs airbags from performance seats).
Ah, I did come across the thread where you replaced yours.

I'd likely be buying seats from a UK car to fit to a UK car so hopefully they'd be the same. Thanks, it doesn't sound too bad, though obviously would be nicer to find one with them from factory. Unfotunately the one that did have them sold before I was in a position to buy.

Just out of curiosity, how many miles do you have on yours? There's a reasonably priced Dynamic R for sale I've found, but 64k miles is putting me off a bit when a non-Dynamic R can be had for the same price but 20+K less miles (and without the nice seats of course)

Old 03-09-2023, 02:10 AM
Received 228 Likes on 112 Posts

Something around 60k on the clock now. Not a big deal if well maintained (oil changes).

One more thing- it actually requires a small reprogramming - from vent/heated seats to heated only. Heating did not work on mine without this change. Plus some work with a harness to plug/power up heating at all.

But the rest (moving a seat etc) is a plug and play.

Last edited by tmich; 03-09-2023 at 02:14 AM.