XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XKR reviews are tough hardly ever published now

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts
Default XKR reviews are tough hardly ever published now

The reviews for the XKR have dropped off now that the car is being unfortunately discontinued by Jaguar. To read update performance data on Jaguars, the F type seems to be the new car that the journalists like to cover, and no doubt the other new or revised upcoming Jaguar models will get lots of media attention.
Many of the f type r reviewers focus on playing around with rear end slides which might be fun sometimes, but doesn't really cover the car's dynamics accurately, Edmunds is one of the rarer reviews that is technical and obviously driven by someone with experience.
My own impression is that the car has really good grip, compared to my last car, the XKR which was really tough to part with. Hopefully this link will work, for those interested.

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Road Test Specs | Edmonds.com

Editing as the link didn't work.. if interested, the F-type forum under "sport mode or not" has the link up.

Lawrence

Last edited by Mulmur; 09-29-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulmur
The reviews for the XKR have dropped off now that the car is being unfortunately discontinued by Jaguar. To read update performance data on Jaguars, the F type seems to be the new car that the journalists like to cover, and no doubt the other new or revised upcoming Jaguar models will get lots of media attention.
Many of the f type r reviewers focus on playing around with rear end slides which might be fun sometimes, but doesn't really cover the car's dynamics accurately, Edmunds is one of the rarer reviews that is technical and obviously driven by someone with experience.
My own impression is that the car has really good grip, compared to my last car, the XKR which was really tough to part with. Hopefully this link will work, for those interested.

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Road Test Specs | Edmonds.com

Editing as the link didn't work.. if interested, the F-type forum under "sport mode or not" has the link up.

Lawrence
November Car and Driver has a review that is interesting as well ... someone posted it on the F type forum. Looking forward to the upcoming XE reviews.
Lawrence.