XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XKR-S

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 03:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default XKR-S

I'd be interested from anyone with experience of owning an XKR-S convertible or anyone who could share information on these cars. I'm thinking about getting one.
Thanks,
David

Old 06-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 284 Likes on 171 Posts

Seeing that you have not gotten any replies, perhaps any owners of the XKR-S coupe may chime in. Basically the same except of course not topless.

You may also want to clarify your request and narrow down what you want to know.

The XKR (and by extension the XKR-S) is quite reliable, and relatively low on maintenance for the level of performance you get. As for any high cost used car purchase, you should look for maintenance records and a clean "carproof" report. A PPI is also recommended as a prudent investment of only a few hundred dollars.

Expect to take a fairly big hit on depreciation (which may be to your benefit when buying), but you will probably feel the hit 2 or 3 years later. The current prices on coupes seem to be in the $60-70K range. While the convertible is more in the $80-88K range. (Canadian $ prices.) Not sure why the convertible is still so much higher.

As for issues, the water pump may be an item of concern/consideration. Leather dash covering pulling away/bubbling. The duck-bill A/C drain may clog and cause water in the passenger foot-well. Also, some owners have reported the front carbon-fiber spoiler/lip may suffer from stone chips/cracks, so check it out. Rarely you may hear odd noises from the chain/tensioners if the incorrect oil was used or not changed at regular intervals.

Best to search the forum, as most issues are common with the XKR.

Good luck with your search/purchase.

The following users liked this post:
davidcalgary (06-21-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 11:04 PM
Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Not a rag top but

What do u want to know. Absolutely love mine

Old 06-21-2017, 08:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AllblueACR
What do u want to know. Absolutely love mine
Thanks for the response and sorry for the delay in responding as I've been out of town. I already own a 2005 XKR coupe and was just wondering if you've experienced any difficulties with the XKR-S beyond standard XKR issues. I've heard that they can be a handful in the wet and that running costs can be high. What's your experience?
I appreciate any info you can share.
Thanks,
David