XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XKR-S GT Dyno and Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,067 Likes on 761 Posts

As you can guess from my response to russduka, I think your explanation just doesn’t explain it for me.

Matt could check with his tuner if he got actually the right tune from the beginning, but considering the dyno type he used, I would guess the 482 as a base would be about right (give or take…).

Unfortunately the a/f rations where not shown in the before and after dyno runs from russduka, so I can’t comment there.

It’s ‘your guys at Viezu’ that made the claim I mentioned to russduka that the sport cats would be especially effective with their tune . Now let’s assume the 20 hp would be double as one could normally expect, which leaves a 10 hp gain, so a good 8 rwhp more. That would mean a result for just the tune+pulley of about 32 rwhp.

This may well be about the normal gain to be expected with the Viezu tune for a XKR-S tune, you have just not mentioned that so far, so I don’t know, but could possibly explain a lot.

I do agree that comparing end results (i.e. just the top power) between different dyno’s is very difficult to almost impossible, however (corrected) gains on the same dyno with relative similar conditions just leaves less uncertainties.

And that just makes the gap pretty big with what Matt recorded, taking the sport catalyst gain assumption of 8 rwhp into consideration, it now makes the difference almost double (32 vs 60).

Small differences as in 15 rwhp are not something I would react on, but this is more which triggers me to want to understand it.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:50 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by avos
As you can guess from my response to russduka, I think your explanation just doesn’t explain it for me.

Matt could check with his tuner if he got actually the right tune from the beginning, but considering the dyno type he used, I would guess the 482 as a base would be about right (give or take…).

Unfortunately the a/f rations where not shown in the before and after dyno runs from russduka, so I can’t comment there.

It’s ‘your guys at Viezu’ that made the claim I mentioned to russduka that the sport cats would be especially effective with their tune . Now let’s assume the 20 hp would be double as one could normally expect, which leaves a 10 hp gain, so a good 8 rwhp more. That would mean a result for just the tune+pulley of about 32 rwhp.

This may well be about the normal gain to be expected with the Viezu tune for a XKR-S tune, you have just not mentioned that so far, so I don’t know, but could possibly explain a lot.

I do agree that comparing end results (i.e. just the top power) between different dyno’s is very difficult to almost impossible, however (corrected) gains on the same dyno with relative similar conditions just leaves less uncertainties.

And that just makes the gap pretty big with what Matt recorded, taking the sport catalyst gain assumption of 8 rwhp into consideration, it now makes the difference almost double (32 vs 60).

Small differences as in 15 rwhp are not something I would react on, but this is more which triggers me to want to understand it.
That is unfortunate that you do not understand my explanation. Since I am not really involved in the tune like you said before, "nothing against the tune you choose (which isn't from Mike) or whatever," maybe you can contact Viezu, Milltek and SIC Performance for answers that you may understand. Viezu & Milltek are both in your back yard so to speak, so this should be no problem for you.

-Viezu, tel: +44 (0)1527 579345
-Milltek, Tel: +44 (0)1332 227 280
-SIC-Performance, 347-825-2274

Sure seems like you are telling Russ that he should not be happy with his performance gains on his car.

The following users liked this post:
russduka (04-27-2014)
Old 04-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Received 77 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Avos is a troll

Avos stop trolling this thread to try to instigate something with mike. If you met him in real life you would be to scared to say anything to him. (That is a fact) He looks and is built like stone cold steve austin ( yes the wrestler). The gains are about 45hp and 40lb ft. Lets not assume the gt has the same tune as an rs just because jag says. And lets remember the 20hp that is claimed could be true if installed with the milltek exhaust. (I still have stock back box)I have installed exhaust's previously and none have ever lived up to there claims. Im happy with the tune the hp and lb ft are throughout the whole rpm band. Just deal with it And i know for a fact if i go back to dyno in a month this car will put down bigger numbers I sense you might have some jealousy of mike since he works on current gen xk's and on that note please go twin screw yourself back to the previous gen xk forum

Sorry to admins for this post but this guy is a hack

Eurotoys (04-26-2014)
Old 04-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

How much did Mike charge you for the tune?

Old 04-26-2014, 01:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
How much did Mike charge you for the tune?
Just a nominal fee John, but with the stipulation that I could not say anything on how Chicago is better than New York! LOL

Old 04-26-2014, 01:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Eurotoys
Just a nominal fee John, but with the stipulation that I could not say anything on how Chicago is better than New York! LOL
Mike I am trying to find what the going rate is that's all. What is a nominal fee? Is Paul Busby still running Viezu?

Old 04-26-2014, 01:59 PM

Mike I am trying to find what the going rate is that's all. What is a nominal fee? Is Paul Busby still running Viezu?
Are you trolling now also? Just going to viezu site would let you know tht paul busby is still running viezu. And last time i was on eurotoys site i think they had pricing up for ecu tuning. Let me guess...you also have a twin screw from avos right?

Old 04-26-2014, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by russduka
Are you trolling now also? Just going to viezu site would let you know tht paul busby is still running viezu. And last time i was on eurotoys site i think they had pricing up for ecu tuning. Let me guess...you also have a twin screw from avos right?
Sorry for not looking on his website or Viezu's I was just asking a SIMPLE question not TROLLING. Yes I have had a Twin Screw on my car for quite some time. I am also a dealer for Rica Tuning as well. What does either have to do with asking a simple question. I know Viezu as well as Eurotoys are both good reputable companies that I have dealt with in the past. Sorry if you were offended by my question.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Paul is still running Viezu and he has a few guys there that were at Paramount. My pricing is on the web-site, or you can give me a call. I know you have my #.

Mike

The following 2 users liked this post by Eurotoys:
JgaXkr (04-26-2014), russduka (04-27-2014)
Old 04-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Eurotoys
Paul is still running Viezu and he has a few guys there that were at Paramount. My pricing is on the web-site, or you can give me a call. I know you have my #.

Mike
I never bothered to look at your website my mistake. Talk to you soon.

Eurotoys (04-26-2014)
Old 04-26-2014, 05:00 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Avos stop trolling this thread to try to instigate something with mike. If you met him in real life you would be to scared to say anything to him. (That is a fact) He looks and is built like stone cold steve austin ( yes the wrestler). The gains are about 45hp and 40lb ft. Lets not assume the gt has the same tune as an rs just because jag says. And lets remember the 20hp that is claimed could be true if installed with the milltek exhaust. (I still have stock back box)I have installed exhaust's previously and none have ever lived up to there claims. Im happy with the tune the hp and lb ft are throughout the whole rpm band. Just deal with it And i know for a fact if i go back to dyno in a month this car will put down bigger numbers I sense you might have some jealousy of mike since he works on current gen xk's and on that note please go twin screw yourself back to the previous gen xk forum

Not going to happen. This is a public forum. It might be "your thread" but you don't get to decide who posts in it.

Another comment like that & i'll lock this thread so nobody will be posting in here any more.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cambo:
JgaXkr (04-26-2014), russduka (04-27-2014)
Old 04-26-2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cambo351
Not going to happen. This is a public forum. It might be "your thread" but you don't get to decide who posts in it.

Another comment like that & i'll lock this thread so nobody will be posting in here any more.

Again i am sorry to admin and other participants in this thread and in no way am i trying to control who can post here. But the "constructive critiscm" from avos was going overboard and he was clearly trying to talk down to mike from eurotoys. Mike has been nothing but honest with me an never stated that he is the be all end all of jaguar tuning. Was just trying to make a point for him to stop fishing for something that doesnt exist. It was becoming clear that he thinks only his mods produce any end results.

The following 2 users liked this post by russduka:
Eurotoys (04-26-2014), Lothar52 (04-26-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 01:38 AM
Veteran Member

Being under the influence from Mike I can understand that you probably think this way, it’s not the 1st time that I have asked for results/dyno info and never gotten it (That’s up to him of course).

I have not made any judgments to the tune even, being it from your or Matt’s car. You have completely missed that, I merely have highlighted existing results and asked for comments to find it out for myself and others the forum why we see different results (so not who is best!). Especially if sport cats would be of help or not.

So it’s unfortunate that the requested info isn’t being given, and the request being blown into something which it just isn’t. It does make it a bit fishy diverting technical questions this way, but that is an answer as well in some way.

As Mike is re-selling the tune, I would have expected that he would check the results with Viezu, and that he would provide some expected results for their package. One can only speculate now unfortunately.

No worries, I see a technical discussion isn't possible anymore, so that closes it.

PS Here is a link to help you convert the figures to corrected ones, then you see it for yourself:

https://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_hp_abs.htm

Last edited by avos; 04-27-2014 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 04-27-2014, 07:42 AM

Being under the influence from Mike I can understand that you probably think this way, it’s not the 1st time that I have asked for results/dyno info and never gotten it (That’s up to him of course).

I have not made any judgments to the tune even, being it from your or Matt’s car. You have completely missed that, I merely have highlighted existing results and asked for comments to find it out for myself and others the forum why we see different results (so not who is best!). Especially if sport cats would be of help or not.

So it’s unfortunate that the requested info isn’t being given, and the request being blown into something which it just isn’t. It does make it a bit fishy diverting technical questions this way, but that is an answer as well in some way.

As Mike is re-selling the tune, I would have expected that he would check the results with Viezu, and that he would provide some expected results for their package. One can only speculate now unfortunately.

No worries, I see a technical discussion isn't possible anymore, so that closes it.

PS Here is a link to help you convert the figures to corrected ones, then you see it for yourself:

As i stated before there was a 45hp and 40lb ft gain at max rpm. I am happy with that. If you look at dyno sheet there are some areas that have larger gains in the rpm band. The extra power is there throughout the whole band. I think Maximas car put down 530hp on dyno...matt put down 540 and mine put down 550. I would take those with a grain of salt since they were all run on different dyno's in different conditions. Im pretty sure there is more than atmospheric adjustment that would be needed as your stating.( blower temp,oil temp, quality of gas etc etc)The fact is that each car had gains throughout the whole band is what counts.
Sorry that you are unhappy with my tune and work done on my car. Again as stated with hfc's i think that 20hp claim milltek makes is for a whole manifold back exhaust from them. Last xkr i had quick silver claimed 15 hp and on dyno it only proved to be 5hp. There are so many variables in this to become so technical over it. And if the calculator shows as you stated 35hp gain that is consistent throughout the band. i am happy with that On my next car i will be sure to consult you before i do any work. Thanks for your input

Ps: Car will be on dyno again most likely...and since i picked up power on every consecutive run I'm pretty sure this isn't a closed case yet

Last edited by russduka; 04-27-2014 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Wording
The following 3 users liked this post by russduka:
DGL (04-27-2014), Eurotoys (04-27-2014), Lothar52 (04-27-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

As i stated before there was a 45hp and 40lb ft gain at max rpm. I am happy with that. If you look at dyno sheet there are some areas that have larger gains in the rpm band. The extra power is there throughout the whole band. I think Maximas car put down 530hp on dyno...matt put down 540 and mine put down 550. I would take those with a grain of salt since they were all run on different dyno's in different conditions. Im pretty sure there is more than atmospheric adjustment that would be needed as your stating.( blower temp,oil temp, quality of gas etc etc)The fact is that each car had gains throughout the whole band is what counts.
Sorry that you are unhappy with my tune and work done on my car. Again as stated with hfc's i think that 20hp claim milltek makes is for a whole manifold back exhaust from them. Last xkr i had quick silver claimed 15 hp and on dyno it only proved to be 5hp. There are so many variables in this to become so technical over it. And if the calculator shows as you stated 35hp gain that is consistent throughout the band. i am happy with that On my next car i will be sure to consult you before i do any work. Thanks for your input

Ps: Car will be on dyno again most likely...and since i picked up power on every consecutive run I'm pretty sure this isn't a closed case yet
Russduka. I must say it...Heck it goes without saying... I LOVE YOU!! . Please keep putting up vids of this baddest **** XK that ever lived!!! YEEEEEHAW!!

Loth

The following 2 users liked this post by Lothar52:
Eurotoys (04-27-2014), russduka (04-27-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Why must you always imply that we are diverting, avoiding techincal questions? Just because you do not like the answers does not mean that we are being deceptive. The car is on video, the dyno sheets are in front of you, the dyno shop is independent of every part's manufacturer and the results are what they are! More important is that the owner is happy!

russduka (04-27-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Veteran Member

@Mike & Russduka,
Reading your posts. I see that my point still hasn't come accross, so lets just leave it here. I wil send Russduka a pm (tomorrow) and will try my best to explain it more..

Old 04-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Tuner wars

@Mike & Russduka,
Reading your posts. I see that my point still hasn't come accross, so lets just leave it here. I wil send Russduka a pm (tomorrow) and will try my best to explain it more..
I must be reading a thread on 6 speedonline (a forum that is all about tuning/speed). This can't be a jag forum! When my Porsche and gtr buddies heard I was getting a jag 2 yrs ago, they couldn't understand why. I should direct them to this thread, so they could have a better understanding. Actually once they saw and heard my car, they got it!

Old 04-27-2014, 02:21 PM

@Mike & Russduka,
Dont pm me thanks

avos (04-27-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lothar52
Russduka. I must say it...Heck it goes without saying... I LOVE YOU!! . Please keep putting up vids of this baddest **** XK that ever lived!!! YEEEEEHAW!!

Loth

Thanks alot. I will be posting more vids as the weather keeps getting better here in nyc

Lothar52 (04-29-2014)