XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
View Poll Results: What color is your 2012+ XKR-S?
French Racing Blue
26.67%
Polaris White
18.67%
Stratus Grey Metallic
8.00%
Ultimate Black Metallic
18.67%
Italian Racing Red Metallic
21.33%
British Racing Green Metallic
6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

XKR-S Owners check in - Unofficial Registry

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 11:45 PM
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Yep, PA No, he only dropped a tiny bit. It was tough to negotiate given it was $20k bellow BBK and $15K bellow anything I could find on the Net. I just need to tint the windows a bit and I am good to go

Old 06-30-2013, 07:45 PM
drc
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Wink Hi Guys! (Love the British Racing Green, Matt)

Mine is Gray with black interior with blue highlights. I have two issues with it. 1) I'm a musician and recording engineer. So I have been developing my ear for many years. I can't listen to the stereo for more than a minute or two even with the treble all the way down and the bass all the way up. What is really strange is that it's the same system that's in the XKR and the XFR and they sound wonderful. They must EQ the system to the acoustics of the cabin. If so they screwed up with the XKRS. 2) My second issue is the way it communicates or the lack of it. It is disconcerting how you can't feel what the car is doing when entering hard into a corner. Most of the time I am expecting it to slide but it just goes around the corner no problemo. The grip is huge but when it lets go it goes fast and wide! I've taken it to the track twice to learn the cars limits but I need more track time. Maybe with the new Michelins it will be better. But it's not a sports car and if I appreciate it for what it is then I'm happy with it. I think it's a pretty special model and I don't think they will ever build anything like it again. That's why I intend to keep it for a very long time. I'm waiting for the F Type coupe! Peace~

Old 06-30-2013, 07:50 PM
drc
Default For The Record

There is a black XKRS that is in my area. I talked with him a couple of times. I don't think he has posted to this site. The fellow's name is Peter.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

Thanks for checking in, drc. I think you are correct and as Ryan has mentioned, probably the EQ is not calibrated correctly for this car. I have a feeling in the coupe this will be amplified even further because of all the additional reflective surfaces vs. the convertible with the soft top and tiny rear window.

That is great that you have put her on the track! I know what you mean by the steering feel and what happens when it lets go. You have to be quick to catch it but the car does have great throttle steering and it rotates very well. I imagine the super sports are going to make a nice difference.

I watched or read an interesting review somewhere (can't remember) that had a guy experienced on the track who said after he got used to it (XKR-S) he felt it became much more predictable and confident. I imagine like most things it will just take some time to learn how the car is communicating. Sometimes through the wheel and sometimes even through the dead pedal you will pick up small nuances that repeat themselves right before something is about to happen. It can be like reading braille I imagine in a car that is as smooth as the Jag. For a GT I think it is a good balance but of course I would appreciate more feel.

There is also a black coupe here in the north Houston suburbs who is a member of this board but I guess he hasn't checked in yet.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:12 AM

I am not sure if I ever take mine to a track. I have a separate track car for that. In my observation, after driving XKR-S for a week, steering response is a bit dull

Does not bothers me since I did not buy this car to be a track toy but rather a fast GT car. And, it looks great in my opinion! Love the sound as well

Has anyone participated in Jaguar's driving academy? It would be a good way to learn how to drive XKR-S fast without damaging your own car

Old 07-01-2013, 06:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 382 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston
Thanks for checking in, drc. I think you are correct and as Ryan has mentioned, probably the EQ is not calibrated correctly for this car. I have a feeling in the coupe this will be amplified even further because of all the additional reflective surfaces vs. the convertible with the soft top and tiny rear window.

Couldnt they do a Technical Bulletin and have that calibrated? I believe you guys are on the right track - I believe there is nothing wrong likely with the components because how did those change? Something must have been wrong with the calibration of the system - was it bypassed? did B&W not do it due to losing the contract? Was that step left out of the XKR-S portion of the building? Has anyone contacted mike or messaged him about this?

Old 07-01-2013, 06:37 AM
Veteran Member

acutally didnt another person on here who has a 2012 XKR also state he has similar radio complaints? Therefore it must be the entire XK lineup I would assume. Amazing....because if it really did go to from Great to Bad...you would think it would have been addressed by everyone - maybe I am just a complainer?!? Then again DRC has a music studio and he says its bad...so I can not be that off!!

Ryan

Old 07-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Veteran Member

That being said...if the fix was not a TSB re-program by B&W, I doubt I want them doing anything - because they more that is messed with the more problem will occur! Best to just leave well enough alone and in the future when you go to buy a jaguar ask to listen to the regular and upgraded stereo to make sure its worth it. Least thats what I will do. STILL LOVE THE XKR-S!! BEST CRUISER EVER!!

Old 07-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueXKR-S
I am not sure if I ever take mine to a track. I have a separate track car for that. In my observation, after driving XKR-S for a week, steering response is a bit dull

Does not bothers me since I did not buy this car to be a track toy but rather a fast GT car. And, it looks great in my opinion! Love the sound as well

Has anyone participated in Jaguar's driving academy? It would be a good way to learn how to drive XKR-S fast without damaging your own car
Great to hear that you will not put this beauty on a race track. Smart move, as I have posted above, I have seen many drivers beat their beautiful sports cars to death on open track days. I have also seen a few drivers actually roll their cars over. It's just not worth beating it up and having/creating an accident on track.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red 2012 XKR-S with Charcoal/red interior. Drive the heck out of it and lovin' it! Bought it with 4k miles here in FL. I agree with the stereo issues and am looking at upgrade options.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:04 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 941 Likes on 615 Posts

Sold my 2011 XKR 175 and looking for a 2013 XKR-S coupe. I thought the stereo in my 175 was good. Better than the Bose in my 2011 Infiniti G37 vert.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by DGL
Sold my 2011 XKR 175 and looking for a 2013 XKR-S coupe. I thought the stereo in my 175 was good. Better than the Bose in my 2011 Infiniti G37 vert.
Good luck in the search. Any color or interior preferences?

Also, any reason you are avoiding a 2012? Probably save you at least 30 or 40 grand.

You're going to love it.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:55 PM
drc
Default Jag School

Originally Posted by BlueXKR-S

I took the free Jag school at Las Vegas and am signed up for another free Jag school in July 2013 at Laguna Seca (My back yard). The intro Jag school is a nice step up towards the real deal like Bonderaunt, Skip Barber or Ron Fellows at Spring Mountain. I did the three day Bonderaunt in 1974 and the Ron Fellows (recently) and I found the Ron Fellows Corvette school to be the most technical and demanding. I felt like a hero at the Jag school but felt like a zero at the Ron Fellows school. I've taken three private course's at Ron Fellows, Spring Mountain and am finally feeling like I'm starting to get it. But I think a lot of my issues involve health and age. If I was in my 20's I'd probably learned what I know now in one course. After I learn the track at Laguna Seca I'll probably sign up with Track Masters and try to get more track time.

Bottom line: Do the Jag school, you will love it.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:09 PM
drc
Angry XKRS Stereo Clarification

The XKRS is the only Jag that has the extremely bright (tinny) sounding B&W stereo problem. I have owned a 2010 XFR and XKR and both B&W stereo systems sounded great. I don't know if they bother shaping the sound to the cabin (EQing) or just slap it in. My guess is that they somehow EQ the system for the cabin because it sounded fine in my XKR. I tried calling Jag Customer Service but didn't get anywhere. Here is the number if anyone else wants to give it a try. "Squeaky Wheel" etc... 800-452-4827

Old 07-26-2013, 02:53 PM

XKR-S owners, need your help!

I'd like to buy spare tire and spare tire tool kit for my 2012 XKR-S. It was a factory option, but mine does not have it. Does any of you have a spare? Can you look to see if there is any part number stamped on it? What is the tire size?

I see lots of spares for XKR for sale, but they might not fit XKR-S. If you have one and can share the part number, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

Old 07-26-2013, 04:53 PM

No spare here...maybe someone else will chime in.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:09 PM
drc
Default XKRS Spare

My 2012 did not come with a spare either. Are you sure there is one available? Because I would also like to buy one.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:00 PM

There is definitely one available. It's a factory option. If you try to build a new one, you'll see it. Parts department confirmed it as well. I was able to get the part number. Next step is trying to find it cheaper ...

Originally Posted by drc
My 2012 did not come with a spare either. Are you sure there is one available? Because I would also like to buy one.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:56 PM

Just read today. US 2012 XKR-S production numbers ~ 200 (including 25 convertibles). Expected run - 3 years. We are talking very small numbers here. It's more rare than I thought.

XFR-S even smaller production numbers

Old 07-31-2013, 08:08 PM

Several sources I've found state only 100 cars for 2012, 25 convertibles and 75 coupes.

For 2013 I've read they will bring in only up to 200 cars, 100 convertibles and 100 coupes.

The following users liked this post:
BlueXKR-S (08-01-2013)

Quick Reply: XKR-S Owners check in - Unofficial Registry