XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
View Poll Results: What color is your 2012+ XKR-S?
French Racing Blue
26.67%
Polaris White
18.67%
Stratus Grey Metallic
8.00%
Ultimate Black Metallic
18.67%
Italian Racing Red Metallic
21.33%
British Racing Green Metallic
6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

XKR-S Owners check in - Unofficial Registry

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

Unders I'm sure you would of had better luck with a private message then jumping into the middle of this thread asking for people's vin numbers. I'm personally not giving anyone my vin number to order parts against. Call me scared all you want, Halloween is right around the corner so I'm cool with that.

Bump for the new XKR-S owners to see the thread and check in.

Last edited by Matt in Houston; 10-02-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:43 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston
Unders I'm sure you would of had better luck with a private message then jumping into the middle of this thread asking for people's vin numbers. I'm personally not giving anyone my vin number to order parts against. Call me scared all you want, Halloween is right around the corner so I'm cool with that.

Bump for the new XKR-S owners to see the thread and check in.
Thanks for that.

I rang a dealer in the end and the sales staff looked in the windscreen of one and gave it me. There is nothing to be scared of, Jaguar don't log everything you buy. Jaguar quite frankly don't care. Some dealers require the numbers, some just need the registration number.
Like I said the full number is on public display in the wind screen of your car.
You can't do anything with it in full, let alone the last six digits of it.

It tells Jaguar the parts run on the specific build thats all. They order parts according to the number and build run. Then the dealer can have a credit on wrong returns. Ordered without the number they are none returnable by the dealer. If you are ordering a hood for example, they are all the same on all RS models. If you are ordering a CPU unit, this may vary from build to build so the last six numbers are required.
Here is mine for example. B67564 anyone needs any XKR parts they can order using my number. No need to be scared, no one is going to jail, or steal your car ID. Most new cars have it in the front window for the world to see every time you park your car. I imagine everyone in the states to have black tape across the windscreen now, just in case....Chill out.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:11 AM

It doesn't matter what your or jaguars reasoning is. If someone doesn't want to give you a vin number then that is their right. No one here is scared or stupid like you are making it out to be. Having a vin number on a vehicle and sharing that number are two different things. I can't believe you are even attempting to argue that moot point by claiming we should now tape over them.

I see the point you are trying to make but I hope you can see mine. Maybe its similar to people who blur out their plates online...everyone can see them when you are driving anyway, but it's their choice if they want to actively share that information or not.

If you want, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by Matt in Houston; 10-03-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by unders
Hi , I cant find any with this on. Was this a genuine advert with this number on.

You don't need to quote a chassis number in a advert as a rule. Its only about manufacture information. Its the last six I need. B onwards. Jaguar need this to order parts for the RS model. I will go to a dealer with one for sale and have a look, everyone seems too scared to let me have a number. Its actually riveted on the dash of your car for the whole world to see through the front windscreen.
The "whole world" doesn't have clandestine intentions in mind, finding it beneficial to them, only a few do.

Cars.com has VIN number posted for every car.

2013 Jaguar XK R-S, $142,875 - Cars.com

2013 Jaguar XK XKR-S, $137,650 - Cars.com

Old 10-03-2013, 08:47 AM

Yes you can find the VIN numbers in a lot of places. If he would have PM'd me in the beginning I probably would have helped. I had to do the same thing when I ordered the U.K spec clear reflectors, Jaguar required a VIN number of the vehicle that would match up with that part. In that situation, Jaguar provided the VIN from another car they had in their inventory.

Unfortunately, once I saw his responses when no one replied, I decided against.

I hope we can just get this thread back on track. I hate arguing with other Jaguar owners but I felt something needed to be said. Maybe I am in the wrong, but I don't think anyone should be belittled because they didn't respond and share their VIN. Its a personal choice.

Lets move on.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well fella's, I'll try to get it back on track. I'm Dave from Raleigh, NC and I purchased a 2012 XKR-S convertible in Polaris White last month in Cary, NC at the Jag dealership. I am thrilled with my purchase and looking forward to many years of driving in style in the new cat. Having lurked on the forum for several months before my purchase, I know I have a lot to learn, but it's a lot more fun now that I have my new ride!

Old 10-03-2013, 08:14 PM

Awesome car Dave!

The are very few 2012 convertibles, you have a real gem there.

I've had some great cars in the past but I really enjoy dropping the top and hearing the exhaust and experiencing the driving dynamics of the XKR-S.

There are a few things I have done to mine but it's one car I won't mind leaving mostly stock which is rare for me.

Enjoy your sweet ride.

The following users liked this post:
dpwarner (10-04-2013)
Old 10-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by dpwarner
Well fella's, I'll try to get it back on track. I'm Dave from Raleigh, NC and I purchased a 2012 XKR-S convertible in Polaris White last month in Cary, NC at the Jag dealership. I am thrilled with my purchase and looking forward to many years of driving in style in the new cat. Having lurked on the forum for several months before my purchase, I know I have a lot to learn, but it's a lot more fun now that I have my new ride!
Nice car! I have a white coupe. I think we have the only 2 white ones on the forum. I have never owned a white sports car before, but I think white is the best color for this car, because the carbon fiber really stands out.

dpwarner (10-04-2013)
Old 10-03-2013, 11:32 PM

You guys should both consider the carbon fiber hood inserts...they look awesome. Lots of compliments on them and not a lot of money.

Jaguar XFR Carbon Fiber Hood Louvers

I know it says XFR in the link but its the same ones on the XKR too.

Rw99 (11-01-2013)
Old 10-03-2013, 11:43 PM
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

You guys should both consider the carbon fiber hood inserts...they look awesome. Lots of compliments on them and not a lot of money.

I looked into those after you got them. I'm on the fence. I don't want them to break up the lines of the white hood, but they do look cool. Also, I'm not sure how much better I can make the exterior look!

Old 10-03-2013, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Octurbo
I looked into those after you got them. I'm on the fence. I don't want them to break up the lines of the white hood, but they do look cool. Also, I'm not sure how much better I can make the exterior look!
I know what you mean...!

When I look at them on my car, I honestly think they should have come that way stock...it matches the CF front splitter and CF rear spoiler very well. Seems to help piece it all together on my car.

On a white car the difference would be much more noticeable, that's for sure.

I'd still say go for it.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:51 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

It doesn't matter what your or jaguars reasoning is. If someone doesn't want to give you a vin number then that is their right. No one here is scared or stupid like you are making it out to be. Having a vin number on a vehicle and sharing that number are two different things. I can't believe you are even attempting to argue that moot point by claiming we should now tape over them.

I see the point you are trying to make but I hope you can see mine. Maybe its similar to people who blur out their plates online...everyone can see them when you are driving anyway, but it's their choice if they want to actively share that information or not.

If you want, feel free to PM me.
No problem Matt, no offence meant at all, not my intention honestly. I just think we are different people in the UK to the US. I was asking for a little help, I try and do the same on here. Thanks for the reply anyway. Kind Regards.

Matt in Houston (10-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by unders
No problem Matt, no offence meant at all, not my intention honestly. I just think we are different people in the UK to the US. I was asking for a little help, I try and do the same on here. Thanks for the reply anyway. Kind Regards.
Sounds good. I've recently seen your thread and look forward to the end result of all your hard work. Let me know if you need help with anything else. PM me anytime.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts
Default XKR-S forum

Matt,

Great initiative to put all the XKR-S owners on the same thread.

Mine is a 2012 italian red convertible bought new last june. The dealer forgot to sale it!!! Got a great deal! That's a real head turning car. Lot of tumbs up every day. I'll put her in the garage for the winter in a few weeks and I already missed her!!!

Guy

Old 10-04-2013, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Quebecjag
Matt,

Great initiative to put all the XKR-S owners on the same thread.

Mine is a 2012 italian red convertible bought new last june. The dealer forgot to sale it!!! Got a great deal! That's a real head turning car. Lot of tumbs up every day. I'll put her in the garage for the winter in a few weeks and I already missed her!!!

Guy
Welcome Guy! I don't know what I would do if I had to garage my car for the winter. You guys have it really tough up north! I hear it is beautiful up there though, so I guess everything is a trade off.

Enjoy your car! You have my second favorite color after the British Racing Green. Thanks for checking in and feel free to post up some more pics of her.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi

Another soon to be owner to add to the RS community. I take delivery of mine next Friday and can't wait.
It is a 2012 Stratus a Grey Coupe with 3000 miles and apparently a Jaguar VIP car.

This will be my first Jaguar and is a car I have kept my eye on since launch in 2011.

I am hoping it will suit needs and be as much fun as my performance pack SL55. Getting to work , kids to school (11 year olds) some spirited driving with other enthusiasts, maybe the odd track day and a nice car to take my wife out in is the plan.

I am very conscious that the car will need to be treated with respect as I hear it very easy to slide so perhaps an opportunity to fine tune my driving skills.

I look forward to the forum chat and to Jaguar ownership.

All the best

Old 11-02-2013, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by XKRSEcosse
Hi

Another soon to be owner to add to the RS community. I take delivery of mine next Friday and can't wait.
It is a 2012 Stratus a Grey Coupe with 3000 miles and apparently a Jaguar VIP car.

This will be my first Jaguar and is a car I have kept my eye on since launch in 2011.

I am hoping it will suit needs and be as much fun as my performance pack SL55. Getting to work , kids to school (11 year olds) some spirited driving with other enthusiasts, maybe the odd track day and a nice car to take my wife out in is the plan.

I am very conscious that the car will need to be treated with respect as I hear it very easy to slide so perhaps an opportunity to fine tune my driving skills.

I look forward to the forum chat and to Jaguar ownership.

All the best
Welcome aboard! I think you will love the XKR-S. If you leave the electronic nannies on, it will easily save your butt in most situations. Trac DSC is also a good setting and gives you a bit more freedom. If you turn them off completely, you better know what you are doing!

Be sure to post up some pics after you pick her up!

Old 11-02-2013, 10:39 AM

For those interested in a pulley and tune upgrade on their XKR-S, I recommend Eurocharged Performance. They did a great job on my car, which is now putting down 539.6 hp to the rear wheels. This equates to an estimated 620 hp at the motor if you consider a 15% drivetrain loss.

Here is the thread detailing my experience, complete with dyno charts and pics.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...charts-105538/

Old 11-02-2013, 11:59 PM
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

First item on my list! Thanks for posting.

Just bought a '12 in FRB... pics will come when I get a chance to pose my new cat!

Rich

Old 11-03-2013, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Rw99
First item on my list! Thanks for posting.

Just bought a '12 in FRB... pics will come when I get a chance to pose my new cat!

Rich
Awesome! Congrats, I'm looking forward to your pics. I bet that color gets the most attention of them all.

Quick Reply: XKR-S Owners check in - Unofficial Registry