XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
View Poll Results: What color is your 2012+ XKR-S?
French Racing Blue
26.67%
Polaris White
18.67%
Stratus Grey Metallic
8.00%
Ultimate Black Metallic
18.67%
Italian Racing Red Metallic
21.33%
British Racing Green Metallic
6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

XKR-S Owners check in - Unofficial Registry

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by kicknhard
Yesterday, I put a deposit on a blue XKR-S 2012!

I'm gonna import it from US to Canada. I'll officially have it in 15-20 days.
Good news for you! The blue is awesome. Can't wait to see the beast. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait a few month before you can really enjoy it

Guy

Old 12-15-2013, 01:23 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by Quebecjag
Good news for you! The blue is awesome. Can't wait to see the beast. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait a few month before you can really enjoy it

Guy

The wait will kill you. So, you should just have it shipped to me in Halifax. PM me and I'll give you my address. LOL.

I bought my first XKR last year in December, an XKR 175. The wait almost killed me. I would go in the garage and set in it to hear it roar and before going to bed I would check on it just to have a look at it.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:04 AM
Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
I imported my second XKR, a 2013 XK-R in July from West Palm Beach, Florida. Ouch the Canadian dollar is taking a beaten these days at an 8.5% trade deficit. However, it still is more economical to import and the selection in the US is so much better.

Where are you from in Canada? Welcome and congratulations.

I'm from Trois-Rivières, Québec.

Thank you! The wait to drive the beast in march/april will be unsustainable.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by DGL

I bought my first XKR last year in December, an XKR 175. The wait almost killed me. I would go in the garage and set in it to hear it roar and before going to bed I would check on it just to have a look at it.

That's probably what I'll do every day ... and I'll clean every inch of the car during the winter. That's what I did with my M3 I got in January 2009.

Last edited by kicknhard; 12-15-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I wonder. When storing the car for the winter, is it a good idea to run the engine once a month? Or, will it just bring in more moisture.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

BTW. For all it's worth, I got my 2012 XKR-S in July of 2013 for 90K, with 1,200 miles from a dealer, so I would expect the price to be even lower now for a low millage car.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Yesterday, I put a deposit on a blue XKR-S 2012!

I'm gonna import it from US to Canada. I'll officially have it in 15-20 days.

Congrats. Did you purchase the one from Jaguar Land Rover Of Chantilly?

Old 12-18-2013, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by hamishdavidson
Congrats. Did you purchase the one from Jaguar Land Rover Of Chantilly?

Yes, it's me, did I make an error?

The red one is gone also. The price was quite interesting

Old 12-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Yes, it's me, did I make an error?

The red one is gone also. The price was quite interesting
I looked hard at those cars (electronically, anyway) and in the end I just had a funny feeling about their history. No solid info to back it up. And I'm so risk-averse that I passed.

I bet you'll enjoy a perfect car, and you definitely got a killer deal on the best color...

Congrats on your XKR-S!

Rich

Old 12-18-2013, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Rw99
I looked hard at those cars (electronically, anyway) and in the end I just had a funny feeling about their history. No solid info to back it up. And I'm so risk-averse that I passed.

I bet you'll enjoy a perfect car, and you definitely got a killer deal on the best color...

Congrats on your XKR-S!

Rich

I understand you, I had the same feelings about these 2 xkr-s in the last months. I'm pretty sure that these 2 xkr-s were used for Jaguar promotion in Las Vegas. I'm aware they aren't the best xkr-s copies on the market ... I hope I won't have many problems with the car! I decided to take a chance by going ahead because the price was interesting. Blue XKR-S are sooo much rare in Canada (I haven't seen a used one to sale in the last year!), I had no choice to pick that one. I didn't want to wait another year!

Last edited by kicknhard; 12-18-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:49 PM

For sure, you'll probably be the ONLY blue one in Quebec. You'll LOVE the ride... in 4 months ;-((

Guy
PS: Check you PM

Old 12-18-2013, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Quebecjag
For sure, you'll probably be the ONLY blue one in Quebec. You'll LOVE the ride... in 4 months ;-((

Guy
PS: Check you PM

A dealer in montreal told he sold one blue xkr-s 2013 this year. I won't be alone

About your PM: I have seen almost all the videos on youtube related to xkr-s

Old 12-19-2013, 07:51 PM

I'll do the ride to Trois-rivieres to see it next summer. We will do comparasion between red vert and blue coupe... It'll be fun.....

Guy

Old 01-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

Got the gal tinted this week. Suntek Carbon 35 on front windows and the Carbon 5 on rear quarters and back window.

She is all cleaned up and looking pretty for Houston Coffee and Cars this Saturday.

Last edited by Matt in Houston; 01-24-2014 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Fixed picture link
Old 01-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston
Got the gal tinted this week. Suntek Carbon 35 on front windows and the Carbon 5 on rear quarters and back window.

She is all cleaned up and looking pretty for Houston Coffee and Cars this Saturday.

Looking good! I am a little biased, but there may be no better looking or sounding car on the road today.

The following users liked this post:
Matt in Houston (01-02-2014)
Old 01-17-2014, 08:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

Hi, I just bought a 2012 XKR-S in Italian Racing Red. No pictures yet as the car is "FILTHY" from a 2 hour long rain drenched ride home from the dealer.

I will post some once the car is cleaned. It is getting tinted today and I have ordered a Mina exhaust from Chris which I expect to get either tomorrow or on Tuesday for an installation next week. I will most likely get the Eurocharge tune and pulley as they are local.

Below is a dealer picture.

Attached Thumbnails XKR-S Owners check in - Unofficial Registry-%24t2ec16vhjf4ffkto-d9ebr-k5dncgq%7E%7E_4.jpg   XKR-S Owners check in - Unofficial Registry-%24-kgrhqfhjeqfhh-8ghi0br-k5p51kq%7E%7E_4.jpg   XKR-S Owners check in - Unofficial Registry-%24t2ec16rhjhcffkb-wvffbr-k5j6iuq%7E%7E_4.jpg  
Old 01-17-2014, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Schwabe
Hi, I just bought a 2012 XKR-S in Italian Racing Red. No pictures yet as the car is "FILTHY" from a 2 hour long rain drenched ride home from the dealer.

I will post some once the car is cleaned. It is getting tinted today and I have ordered a Mina exhaust from Chris which I expect to get either tomorrow or on Tuesday for an installation next week. I will most likely get the Eurocharge tune and pulley as they are local.

Below is a dealer picture.
Welcome! Good choice, the XKR-S is an amazing GT.

I definitely recommend Eurocharged, they did a great job on my car. The tune will really wake her up. You will probably end up with around ~620 hp. I would suggest looking into wider and stickier tires, such as the Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 305 width for the rears. The stock PZeros just won't cut it.

There are a few other simple mods you can do as well, such as BMC air filters in the air boxes and the carbon fiber hood inserts from Mina are nice, too. I am hoping they will release some carbon fiber paddle shifters. I need to ask them about that again. You can also fit the aluminum ones from Jag but I think they are a bit pricey for what they are. I am waiting on Mina for now.

Enjoy your new ride. She looks great.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all

I have now had my Stratus Grey coupe for a couple of months and love it!

The only downside is the front spoiler which is ridiculously low for a road car. As a result I am on my third splitter which at £1600 a time is greeting rather pricey.

The power is great. It's the instant grunt that is intoxicating and it reminds me of my sl55 F1 but feels significantly quicker.

I am also amazed how much attention it draws for what I thought was just a jag. When you are inside it it sounds great, but when you are outside it is awesome.

I have just removed fuse number 19 from the fuse box between the rear seats. This basically keep the exhaust valves open. It's really easy to do. Firstly start the car. Then select dynamic mode. Once you have opened the cover you can easily remove the fuse with the fuse holders. You then just have to carefully clip the cover back on and keep the fuse somewhere safe in case you want a quiet ride again. It is not too loud. It just sounds like a sports car and is perhaps why it draws rather a lot of positive attention. The main benefit to this free mod is that it sounds great 27/7 and you don't have a back jarring ride for everyday road use. Give it a go it will take you 10 minutes tops.

Fuel economy is pretty awful but I count it in smiles per miles and on that basis it is pretty good. I mainly drive around town so should not expect much but on a run it is actually not bad.

I have a Mecedes E350 sport estate as my daily car. As much as I like it I find it very difficult to leave the jag in the garage. There is something quite special about going out to the garage in the morning firing her up and taking it to work. After a hard day I can again look forward to my drive back home.

The roads here in Scotland are wet and sloppy and have been since I got the car. In truth I have really not had the chance for a spirited blast in the dry but am really looking forward to it.

Here's a picture when it was at the dealership. Since then I have fitted genuine carbon fibre mirrors which are a nice touch.

All the best

Attached Thumbnails XKR-S Owners check in - Unofficial Registry-image-4199014898.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Matt in Houston (01-18-2014)
Old 01-18-2014, 07:35 PM

Looks great Jonathan! I know what you mean about leaving the Jag in the garage.......

Old 01-19-2014, 08:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston
Welcome! Good choice, the XKR-S is an amazing GT.

I definitely recommend Eurocharged, they did a great job on my car. The tune will really wake her up. You will probably end up with around ~620 hp. I would suggest looking into wider and stickier tires, such as the Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 305 width for the rears. The stock PZeros just won't cut it.

There are a few other simple mods you can do as well, such as BMC air filters in the air boxes and the carbon fiber hood inserts from Mina are nice, too. I am hoping they will release some carbon fiber paddle shifters. I need to ask them about that again. You can also fit the aluminum ones from Jag but I think they are a bit pricey for what they are. I am waiting on Mina for now.

Enjoy your new ride. She looks great.
Funny you said that. I had to replace the front left tire to pass inspection and was looking at exactly sport cups on 305 (had that on all my P-cars). But tire rack did not have a full set in stock so I just the one tire. When these are gone I will switch to the Michelin.

Quick Reply: XKR-S Owners check in - Unofficial Registry