XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XKR vs 911s[991]

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 07:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 633 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by apost8n8
REALLY?? Now that's interesting. As a floridian a convertible toy is a must. That might revive some interest in the evora for me a few years down the road. It's sure got a great look.
Yeah, but since you had said earlier the Boxster and Cayman were a bit too base and you like the luxury of your Jag I am thinking the Evora would be a non-starter for you also. It is supposed to be very similar, a very fast, light car that does not have an interior or comfort like your Jag.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by tampamark
It is supposed to be very similar, a very fast, light car that does not have an interior or comfort like your Jag.
Says who? The Recaros on my Evora are as comfortable as the XK and way better than the Cayman or 991 seats (although there could be optional seats from Porsche that are more comfy than the "stock" ones. Porsche seats have odd padding near the shoulder I do not like and don't fit like tailored suit like the Evora's. Not many adjustments, but it doesn't need them. They know what they're doing in terms sitting the driver where they need to be & making them comfortable for the task at hand. The 400 moved to lighter Sparco seats and I have read mixed reviews on them. Many say the Recaros were better.

Sure, not ventilated seats and all that, but you don't buy a Lotus for that. The leather quality on the Evora is nicer than the XK (or at least my '07) by a good margin. I do wish Lotus had adaptive headlights & adaptive cruise control. I miss both of those (and keyless entry).

Old 01-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 654 Likes on 478 Posts

There is a difference between comfort, and style. I think when some people say a comfy luxurious interior, it has more to do with style than comfort.

Old 01-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 633 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Says who? The Recaros on my Evora are as comfortable as the XK and way better than the Cayman or 991 seats (although there could be optional seats from Porsche that are more comfy than the "stock" ones. Porsche seats have odd padding near the shoulder I do not like and don't fit like tailored suit like the Evora's. Not many adjustments, but it doesn't need them. They know what they're doing in terms sitting the driver where they need to be & making them comfortable for the task at hand. The 400 moved to lighter Sparco seats and I have read mixed reviews on them. Many say the Recaros were better.

Sure, not ventilated seats and all that, but you don't buy a Lotus for that. The leather quality on the Evora is nicer than the XK (or at least my '07) by a good margin. I do wish Lotus had adaptive headlights & adaptive cruise control. I miss both of those (and keyless entry).
You are talking seats, I am talking overall comfort (ride quality along with the rest) and luxury.

Old 01-09-2016, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by tampamark
You are talking seats, I am talking overall comfort (ride quality along with the rest) and luxury.
Suspension is more compliant on the Evora than the XK or 991. Evora is like a magic carpet ride comparatively.

Luxury, you are correct. It's just the essentials in the Lotus; sans the cup holders. The interior has a bespoke hand crafted, hand sewn look to it because it is hand sewn and built.