XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XKR vs XKR Dynamic Pack

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 09:52 AM
Received 228 Likes on 112 Posts
Default XKR vs XKR Dynamic Pack

Hi,

considering a retrofit of a XKR MY 2010 to XKR Dynamic Pack.

Trying to list all the changes. Could you help me with it.

1. Body kit / external
a. Front bumper splitter (3 parts)
b. Side sills
c. Rear bumper parts (two side elements + diffuser)
d. Rear spoiler (bigger one)
e. Wheels/alloys (20" Vortex or Vulcan)

2. Suspension front
a. Front vertical links (XKRS)
b. Shock absorbers (yellow as in XKRS instead of green? - is a car lowered vs normal XKR)

3. Suspension rear
a. ? (If shock absorbers different - yellow would be at rear as well )

4. Exhaust
a. Rear muffler - PAE as in XKRS
b. Mid section with a x-pipe (as in XKRS)

5. Software
a. Speedlimiter at 280kmh

2b comes with a question mark - I don't know
4 - are pipes of the same size as in XKR something like 2-2.25"

Would be grateful if you can share your knowledge.

Best,
Tom

Old 09-20-2020, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

Raising the speed limiter takes a specifically hacked version of SDD to accomplish.
Your 2010 should already have PAE, you'd just need an X-pipe. Of course the back box is slightly different, but hugely expensive if you want an original. There is a thread in here that shows the minor differences, which are easily made with a welder and a cutting disk.
Larger rear spoilers are sometimes available on eBay. Get an OEM one, the plethora of aftermarket ones don't fit for anything. Ask me how I know.
Wheels are wheels, but the 2010-2011 wheels are specific, and don't fall for the "XF wheels will fit" garbage, the offsets are WRONG!

Old 09-20-2020, 10:23 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Dynamic pack lowers the car 10mm, but not sure how that’s done.

Old 09-20-2020, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Tmich,
U have a 2010 XKR to which I have done all of the body and exhaust modifications that you describe (and some others like a pulley, tune, rear bumper diffuser body kit). The 3 piece front splitter, rocker side skirts were sourced from Chris at Mina Galleries. Even though they don't show on his website any longer, he maintains the moulds for them and can make them. As a matter of fact, I smacked my front splitter up a couple of weeks ago and picked up a new one. I am at the hospital right now so I don't have my computer with me, but I'll be home in a couple of hours and will attach a photo or two. I removed the center resonator and replaced with a generic X pipe, the tune will remove the 155mph limit to 186, and I'm not sure you'd feel any of the suspension differences anyway. If you choose to lower your car, you had better order some extra front splitters as they will bear the brunt of the burden, and will get scratched and cracked with regularity. (Ask me how I know). Good luck with your mods. I still love mine, seven years later.

Old 09-20-2020, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 668 Likes on 451 Posts

Excuse my ignorance but why not simply sell your car and buy a Dynamic R? I think that'll save you money in the long run?

Ok limiter is only increased to 176 (IRRC) and the 10mm lowering is due to the side skirts and XKR-S rear knuckles I think.

I've even taken my 3 piece front splitter off and intend to fill sand and carbon dip/wrap it should I ever choose to sell.

Last edited by MarkyUK; 09-20-2020 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-20-2020, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member

Tmich,
As promised, here are a couple of photos of the body pieces from Mina. In the past we have doweled and bondoed the 3 piece front splitter into one seamless piece, so that's how it appears in these older photos. When I put the new one on a couple of weeks ago, we left it as a 3 piece because when going in and out of steep driveways, whenever scraping or even just flexing the front, minute cracks would appear where the pieces were joined. I do prefer the clean look of the one piece better, however.

The following users liked this post:
ExKayRick (09-21-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 03:33 PM

Thank you everyone for helping me with this topic. Still looking forward to hearing about suspension. I'm pretty sure that there are some differences which I still have not sorted out.

Originally Posted by MarkyUK
Excuse my ignorance but why not simply sell your car and buy a Dynamic R? I think that'll save you money in the long run?
I'm in Poland, not a too big market for this kind of cars. Only a few available and only one with Dynamic Pack at the moment.
But there is a quite good availability of different parts from salvaged cars and a quality of services (body painting) is high, while a price is super low (comparing to US).
So this kind of swap/tune is pretty much possible and reasonable. And I think that there is only an initial investment, no specific running cost associated with this change

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Raising the speed limiter takes a specifically hacked version of SDD to accomplish.
Can you elaborate on this a bit more? ECU tune did not help me with that. I don't have a clear idea how to get rid of it. Jaguar dealer cannot help me...

Originally Posted by tberg
The 3 piece front splitter, rocker side skirts were sourced from Chris at Mina Galleries. Even though they don't show on his website any longer, he maintains the moulds for them and can make them. As a matter of fact, I smacked my front splitter up a couple of weeks ago and picked up a new one.
I emailed them couple of weeks ago asking about a front splitter with no response Could you PM me what is a price they are asking for this part. Thanks!

Old 09-20-2020, 03:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

Raising the speed limiter takes a specifically hacked version of SDD to accomplish.................
Originally Posted by tmich
........................Can you elaborate on this a bit more? ECU tune did not help me with that. I don't have a clear idea how to get rid of it. Jaguar dealer cannot help me...
No Jag dealers would or even CAN raise your limiter. The software they use will not allow it.
There are hacks for specific versions of SDD that WILL allow a user to change the Top Speed, but it's difficult to locate. Some people buy a Russian hack for ENGINEERING MODE that allows CCF changes and have had luck with doing it that way.
That's all I can say.

Old 09-20-2020, 04:06 PM
Veteran Member

tmich,
I will call Chris, late morning tomorrow or I will stop and see him as I will be right around the corner from his shop, and I will ask him how much, what timetable, and if shipping to Poland is possible

Both of my parents were from Radom and my aunt from Krakow.
Talk to you tomorrow.
Ted

resident_fng (09-20-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 04:17 PM

There are hacks for specific versions of SDD that WILL allow a user to change the Top Speed, but it's difficult to locate. Some people buy a Russian hack for ENGINEERING MODE that allows CCF changes and have had luck with doing it that way.
That's all I can say.
Helpful. Googled a solution. Need to think about it

tmich,
I will call Chris, late morning tomorrow or I will stop and see him as I will be right around the corner from his shop, and I will ask him how much, what timetable, and if shipping to Poland is possible
Thanks a lot! I use a parcel forwarding service in US, so shipping to Chicago, IL would be good enough

Old 09-20-2020, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,548 Likes on 895 Posts

Im gathering if the dynamic comes with the xkrs vertical links (front knuckles) then it most likely would have the xkr-s steering rack as well

Old 09-21-2020, 03:43 AM
Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by tmich
Hi,

considering a retrofit of a XKR MY 2010 to XKR Dynamic Pack.

Trying to list all the changes. Could you help me with it.

Tom
This may help

Old 09-24-2020, 07:53 PM
Received 132 Likes on 69 Posts

Im also interested on what they say as I also thought they no longer made the front spoiler.
Thanks!
tmich,

Both of my parents were from Radom and my aunt from Krakow.
Talk to you tomorrow.
Ted

Old 09-25-2020, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member

htrdlncn,
Chris is making two of them. One is a backup spare for me (I just bought one 3 weeks ago and then proceeded to hit a high curb and scratch it all up, since repaired and installed), the other is for forum member who started this thread, which I placed for him. Chris has all of the moulds for anything he has ever offered and is willing to have them made to order. In the past, I have had the 3 piece splitter, doweled and bondoed to become one piece, it just looks so nice. However, this time I left it 3 piece because every time I would even gently scrape the bottom or even flex the front end on a steep driveway, it would cause hairline cracks. Leaving it as 3 pieces gives it the flexibility even though I don't like the look quite as much.

htrdlncn (09-25-2020)
Old 09-25-2020, 12:48 PM
Received 132 Likes on 69 Posts

tberg
Could you pm me or email me a ballpark figure on cost.
Dont want to bother Chris if price is out of my budget .
Thanks
Frank@hotrodlincoln.org

htrdlncn,
Chris is making two of them. One is a backup spare for me (I just bought one 3 weeks ago and then proceeded to hit a high curb and scratch it all up, since repaired and installed), the other is for forum member who started this thread, which I placed for him..

Old 11-06-2020, 01:31 PM

Unfortunately I cannot edit a first post - but might be helpful for someone in the future.

Next difference is a steering rack - same as F-Type, XFRS etc.

Moreover in a front suspension- tie rods connecting steering rack with knuckles- they are slightly different (thicker).

Deabs (04-08-2022)
Old 11-06-2020, 01:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,368 Likes on 1,483 Posts

Cambo and I have the R-S GT/F-Type rack and it made a huge difference in steering feel/feedback. See this thread:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...nkyard-173639/

Old 11-06-2020, 01:56 PM

I've bought it too. Will be modifying a car in upcoming weeks to have it ready for 2021 season.

Shock absorbers and front vertical links will be changed too.

I'm super excited about these changes.

Ps. Might be difficult to make A/B comparison, as it is already quite cold and rainy in Poland (and will be only worse) so not expect a decent testing of both suspensions now

Old 11-06-2020, 01:58 PM

BTW: Is a rear differential the same in XKR and XKRS? They used to say that XFR and XFRS have different... I know that XKRS GT have a different one. But "normal" -S?

Old 11-06-2020, 04:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,368 Likes on 1,483 Posts

I believe there is only a software difference as noted in the thread above.

Quick Reply: XKR vs XKR Dynamic Pack