XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XKR175 75th anniversary limited edition coupe

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default XKR175 75th anniversary limited edition coupe

thinking about purchasing 2011 75th anniv. xkr...does anyone have one yet or drove one? would like some feedback...

Old 11-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I have PDI two already, PDI=(pre delivery inspection), I work for Jag. Driven it, handles nice, a lot of power. Is your XJ supercharged? Now this XKR has some interior differences from other models including; red stiching on the dash and console. Bigger spoiler on trunk lid, ground effects, front aero spolier below the front bumper. Lastly not to mention 75th anniversary scuff plates. Engine Management is map slightly different for better performance. I would stick with a supercharged portfolio, unless you want the "75th Anniversary" for just the name sake.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MDJag
thinking about purchasing 2011 75th anniv. xkr...does anyone have one yet or drove one? would like some feedback...
I've had my XKR175 since late August and have already logged nearly 7000 miles (that will change soon, when the snow comes).

This is my first Jaguar and, so far, I have no regrets at all. I cross-shopped pretty much every GT and sportscar in the $100K-$150K range and the Jag won out when it came to the best balance of performance/beauty/value/comfort.

The US XKR175 is mostly a trim package, compared to the much harder-edged Europe-only XKR 75. So essentially any owner's comments about their regular 2010-11 XKRs will apply to the 175. It just goes a little faster and looks more aggressive.

The car is solid, extremely comfortable, gets good gas mileage, turns heads constantly, and is stunningly quick. Minor quibbles are things that I already knew about before getting the car: compromised rearward visibility and the slow interface on the touch-screen.

I've had several people comment on the "1 of 175" sill plates...they usually think it means my car was #1 in the series. It makes for good conversation, but I kind of wished they would have some indication of the real production number.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

it is a sweet car but i like the blacked out version better.. looks more evil.. with everything black .. and no chrome on it

Old 12-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

just service one last week. it's the same as anyother XKR but with body kit(due to the higher speed it is allowed to go to), a hair more HP and speed limited raise. only reason it cost so much its branded as anniversary car and only 175 made. other XKR owners can not but the body kit from a dealer unless they own a XKR175. and if your a fan of Jaguar you will know in 09 in Jaguar made a XKR-S model just for england and only made 200. it looks just the same as the XKR175 other them the front bumper is different for the face lift in 2010. but its a collectors car and so it's worth the money. i love it.

to get the production number you will have to call jaguar and give them your VIN number and if they are nice can tell you what number you are.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a proud owner of an XKR175, I have to say that you shouldn't think twice about it...

Even though they say that the 175 and the normal XKR have the same horsepower when you look at the statistics online, I still have to get mine to a dyno as I suspect 510 to be underrated.

As far as aesthetics are concerned, to me the different ground effects really make all the difference as before I found out about the 175 by chance and ordered one very early in the year, I originally wanted the "Black Pack" that (at the time) was only available in the UK.

I really want to see the granular detailed comparison between the XKR and XKR175 beyond the limiter being turned up and the aesthetics, but as an owner of a 550 rear wheel horsepower 2003 Cobra, I seriously believe that my Jag will stomp it.

When I got mine, they were still basing the depreciation on the standard XKR, so consider that as well when it comes time to part with it as you might be able to snag a few extra dollars on the far end as a special edition.

This is my first Jaguar and first "proper" car in general and to think because of the price alone I was considering the Audi S5 (because the RS5 wasn't available) and the Nissan GTR, I'm almost embarrassed as this is far superior and worth the investment.