XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XKRS Surging

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017 | 07:16 PM
|
Default XKRS Surging

Just noticed last couple of days my 2012 XKRS will surge when first driving, very apparent when driving out of the neighbourhood at about 30 to 50km/hr.
Like the tranny is hunting for a gear, just wondering if this is an issue in any of the late model cars.
Regards Gerry

Old 04-09-2017 | 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bergy
Just noticed last couple of days my 2012 XKRS will surge when first driving, very apparent when driving out of the neighbourhood at about 30 to 50km/hr.
Like the tranny is hunting for a gear, just wondering if this is an issue in any of the late model cars.
Regards Gerry
Gerry,

saw you out the other day... I saw no surging.....

hope you figure it out; see ya soon as mine's coming out next week

Old 04-10-2017 | 08:31 AM
|

Taking it in this week for an oil change and once over as the warranty is up early May. No issues other than the surging but pretty sure both times I hopped in it cold and took off. Was it your car I noticed a rubber mat for the back hatch, did you get that at the dealer? I may order one when I am in.
Gerry

Old 04-10-2017 | 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bergy
Taking it in this week for an oil change and once over as the warranty is up early May. No issues other than the surging but pretty sure both times I hopped in it cold and took off. Was it your car I noticed a rubber mat for the back hatch, did you get that at the dealer? I may order one when I am in.
Gerry

yes, that was me. Bought it at Jag Edmonton though as it was 30% less.

I cancelled my appointment this week (snow tomorrow) but I'm getting the same done as my warranty is done in June. My glove box needs attention and I have paint flying off a caliper.... otherwise perfecto

Jim

Old 04-10-2017 | 10:54 PM

I have this too when the car hasn't been driven for 12 hours or so. Once the trans is fully warmed up, it's fine. But I agree, it's really annoying and a bit worrisome.