XK120 XK140 XK150 1948 - 1962

General information

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default General information

Just took delivery of 1957 XK140 SE. By all appearances the roadster is in excellent shape, but no manuals or other specifics provided. Please tell me what is the recommended oil grade, mineral or synthetic? What gasoline additives if any have been used successfully? Any need to grease suspession and other locations, how often? and where do I get oil filters, etc. If you have specific locations or other source please let me know. I don't think I need anything now, but want to had your references if possible. Sloejoe

Old 07-19-2022, 09:24 AM
Received 1,089 Likes on 640 Posts

You lucky buggar.. I would kill for the car you have acquired . At least I can match you date wise with a 1957 MK1.
Just google your car as an XK140 looking for workshop manuals and there are some out there.
In regards greasing and similar maintenance there are heaps of grease nipples in the suspension, driveshaft universals, and even the wheel hubs typically at every 1000 miles..
Oil changes are more frequent and oil filters were fairly crude so it is important to do these
This is not a modern car being 65 years old and requiring lots of maintenance compared to modern cars. eg They had not yet invented "sealed for life" ball joints".
I can't help you generally with USA sources for bits and pieces but I do know SNG Barratt has a retail outlet in your country

Old 08-08-2022, 03:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,382 Likes on 1,031 Posts

Type into Google: Blackwell's and the title of the book you're looking for. Blackwell's is a bookshop in Oxford UK. They can find most service, spares and owner's manuals at good prices and post worldwide.Google is often better at searching their stock than the search box in their website.