XK120 XK140 XK150 1948 - 1962

Recommend good mechanic in Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend good mechanic in Los Angeles

Hello! I recently acquired a '56 XK140 MC. I wish to take it to a trusted Jaguar mechanic who can look over the car and service it to see if it needs any work done. Does anyone have a recommendation in the Los Angeles area?

Greatly appreciated, thank you.

Old 02-08-2022, 02:01 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi. Doesn't look like any positive response and I'm also looking for a good referral. I have a 56 140 MC that's finally coming out of restoration and is currently at the upholstery shop. The car needs some mechanical sorting to be sound. I'm on the westside of LA and investigating the closest options. There's Steve's Jaguar in the Valley, though I had a mediocre experience with them a few months ago to have them do the interior. I've been working with South Bay British in Lawndale who referred me to a good upholstery shop, but the jury is out about the mechanical and I should know within a few days. There's also Mitchell's British in Marina Del Rey and I just had a good conversation with them. They have an older mechanic who's worked on old XK's for years and while he's semi-retired, they call him in for these cars and he's very responsive. Will be glad to share any additional info as things develop in the coming days.

Old 10-10-2022, 11:22 PM

did you ever find a good mechanic or upholstery shop in LA? Just got an '07 XK and i need it looked over mechanically. The dash is also separating so I want to have that fixed.

Best,

Old 10-11-2022, 08:14 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by breezy
did you ever find a good mechanic or upholstery shop in LA? Just got an '07 XK and i need it looked over mechanically. The dash is also separating so I want to have that fixed.

Best,
Mitchell's British (actually in Culver City) finished doing the mechanical restoration and has been doing all the sorting, and they have been great. Just finished a 1500 mile rally with the old girl in cold and rainy weather and didn't miss a beat (a few other vintage cars fell by the wayside). I actually think they're even better with newer Jags. Glen is the point of contact. Amadeus Upholstery in Lawndale did the interior and while the shop doesn't look like much, they did a beautiful job. Amadeus is a good guy and very responsive, and prices are extremely reasonable. Check out their Yelp reviews. Hope this helps!

The following users liked this post:
breezy (11-14-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 04:33 PM

Went by Mitchell's - they were great. Seems like I've found my jaguar "guy" in LA. Appreciate the rec!!