XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Product Release: XKR & XJR Catalyst & Catless Downpipes

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks to everyone for the response. I'm happy to announce that the first 10 sets have been sold. Sadly this means that the price will go up, but the upside is that we were able to develop these pipes to fit a wider variety of model years. Also, in correspondence with so many wonderful Jag owners, we have quite a few new product ideas at various stages of development, and we're looking forward to releasing them VERY soon.

Don't worry, we are still making these! Order yours today

Old 12-15-2010, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interesting conversation about the cats. I live in Denver and we have pretty high emissions standards. I have a 98 xk8 with stock exhaust. I have not been to the Nameless web site to see where they are located. Have many of the California guys been interested in this new cat set up?

Old 12-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also I just checked on the MacLeod exhaust at Mina gallery and they seem to have removed the system from the web site. Can you get one directly from Mac? is there a phone number for him as well. Thanks MAG

Old 12-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Given that the vast majority of potential buyers would be buying your product to increase performance ($700 to slightly increase the sound note seems a little pricey)
I would venture to say that you seem a bit pre-mature to be selling your cat converters
at any price without running at least half a dozen documented, standardized and fully certified dyno runs showing the efficacy of your product.

Given all of the variables for getting a solid dyno run, (as Avos expands upon), only an expanded sample with pre-established parameters, would lend credibility to any power claims made by you for your product.

I appreciate your honesty about an initial primary dyno, but, you only succeeded in clouding the potential improvement of your own product by hooking it up to a car that
had a number of troublesome issues. Saying that you are "confident that it will improve
power" is a pointless reassurance for $700.00. This also seems like a whole lot of money to gain an extra 3hp. A good cold air induction with a K&N cone filter buried into a wheel well or a foglight opening will gain double the hp for half the money.

A group buy at this time seems premature to me. Engineering and fabrication are only
part of the equation. Your investment costs should include extensive R&D that is not funded by Forum members, unless you guarantee a minimum hp or agree to pay for before and after dyno runs for each member of the initial group. If you did that, you'd
enhance the credibility of your product, as well as, the good name of your company.

Imagine ten forum members raving about your product for years to come. Cheap
marketing dollars if you ask me. Now, about that name.....

Old 12-17-2010, 10:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by edtexas
I appreciate your honesty about an initial primary dyno, but, you only succeeded in clouding the potential improvement of your own product by hooking it up to a car that
had a number of troublesome issues. Saying that you are "confident that it will improve
power" is a pointless reassurance for $700.00. This also seems like a whole lot of money to gain an extra 3hp. A good cold air induction with a K&N cone filter buried into a wheel well or a foglight opening will gain double the hp for half the money.
Quick reply here...we did pay for forum members' dyno runs, both before and after - one for a customer who ran the track pipes sans catalysts, and the other with catalysts. Both baselines were done on modified exhausts...as in our experience, exhaust modifications reach a point of diminishing returns as you remove restrictions from the system - and we wanted to be as conservative as possible.

That being said, both cars did 11hp gain at the wheels over the baseline. I can dig the charts up and post them soon.

And as for your comments about our initial runs, I totally agree - that is why we posted up in the thread (either this one or another) that we were willing to pay customers for accomplishing baseline and modified dyno runs.

Will be back to comment further on the other questions - emissions, our future exhaust system offerings, etc.

Busy working on a 2011 STi right now, but hopefully I'll have some time over the weekend or early next week to return to the forum and chat with everyone on the details of our ongoing projects as well as this one.

Jason

Old 12-18-2010, 08:28 AM
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

I appreciate the fact that you offer an option for our cars, plain and simple. Thank You.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,988 Likes on 2,125 Posts

In the automotive aftermarket world full of exaggerated claims and dubious quality, Nameless has been a breath of fresh air.

Perhaps their apporach has not been perfect, but they have been open about the limitiations and willing to continue to add to the base of data on their products.

The quality of materials, and the skill, precsion and care taken to build these cats in my opinion far exceeds even OEM quality.

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 12-18-2010 at 08:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
nameless (02-01-2011)
Old 02-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Former Sponsor

So I have some good news - we will be releasing a 'BackHalf' exhaust (from the factory center resonator to the tailpipe tips) and a 'CatBack' exhaust (from the downpipes to the tips) that will be configurable with an X pipe or dual center resonators in the next few days. The 'BackHalf' will be $749, and the 'CatBack' will be $1489. If you didn't know, we also released the 2003-2006 XKR Downpipes here.

Stay tuned! PM me or ask here if you have any questions.

Jason

Last edited by nameless; 02-01-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Received 108 Likes on 78 Posts
Thumbs up Nice looking pipes

That looks really good, professionally done, Jason. May get the "bug" for them after I get my Downpipe/CATS installed.

nameless (02-01-2011)
Old 02-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Miami XKR
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Question

Still waiting for a video clip to hear how the high flow cats & straight pipes sound like

Old 02-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Jason, who manufactures the rear mufflers for you? Or, are those also made by you.

Sound clips of 200cell downpipes, with x-pipe and with front resonators a must.

Have you considered using Magnaflow's center muffler with a built in x-pipe?

Have a friend with a CLS AMG that had a custom system built with this and two oval
magnaflows in the rear. Not crazy loud, but one of the sweetest and most aggressive
exhaust notes I've ever heard.

Congratulations. Looking forward to buying your entire package, especially if the sound is sweet. Thanks. Ed.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I already have Arden sport mufflers and they look great. I would however like to get those High flow cats and eliminat the resonators. So if I could just get the pipes from the half back system and the cats you might have a customer.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Former Sponsor

We do sell the back half exhaust system (should have it up on the website in the next few days actually, but I could build you one immediately) for $749 and the high flow cats for $789. Give me a ring sometime and we can get you all dialed in to match the Arden parts that you have on the car currently.

Jason Griffith
Engineering Director
Nameless Performance, Inc.

Last edited by nameless; 02-15-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by edtexas
Jason, who manufactures the rear mufflers for you? Or, are those also made by you.

Sound clips of 200cell downpipes, with x-pipe and with front resonators a must.

Have you considered using Magnaflow's center muffler with a built in x-pipe?

Have a friend with a CLS AMG that had a custom system built with this and two oval
magnaflows in the rear. Not crazy loud, but one of the sweetest and most aggressive
exhaust notes I've ever heard.

Congratulations. Looking forward to buying your entire package, especially if the sound is sweet. Thanks. Ed.
Ed, our mufflers, resonators and catalysts are all Magnaflow products currently. The design we currently have is with two offset/offset ovals in the rear and two 6" round resonators in front. We may give the center x-pipe design a shot, or we may use an x-pipe with anti reversion chambers.

Unfortunately I don't have a 2003-2006 car to test with here, only our 2000 XKR is out for re-nickasil lining right now. I do have video of the backhalf exhaust running in our shop, and the full catback on factory cats running in our shop and then the full length header back design with no x-pipe. I was also hoping to get our customer in Massachusetts who we build that system for to get some videos out on the road as we didn't have time to get road test videos - we had that exhaust system build and fixtured in 24 hours straight. It was grueling.

In the future we may start making our own mufflers, it is a subject we have discussed for quite a while now.

Anyway, I'll try to get some videos into the computer here in the next few days. I'm hoping to get out of the Subaru forums and back over here this week to fill in the gaps of our development progress. Our STi products are selling like crazy though so I've got to juggle a bit here.

Talk to you all soon,

Jason

Last edited by nameless; 02-15-2011 at 02:44 PM.
edtexas (02-15-2011)
Old 02-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nameless
We do sell the back half exhaust system (should have it up on the website in the next few days actually, but I could build you one immediately) for $749 and the high flow cats for $789. Give me a ring sometime and we can get you all dialed in to match the Arden parts that you have on the car currently.

Jason Griffith
Engineering Director
Nameless Performance, Inc.

Thanks. what is the number there.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Sorry, 360.263.5001 is our shop line, 360.607.9402 is my cell. You can reach me at either. If you get the machine, leave a message. We're a lean shop and haven't mastered being in two places at one time ;-)

Jason

Old 04-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nameless props!

So Jason does amazing work/ his shop guys! The black car in his ad is my car, and it truly sounds beastly, but is very quiet on the inside unless you get into it.. The best of both worlds really... I just cant wait to have the windows down this summer to listen to the beautiful exhaust note..

Also I have promised to get Jason some video/sound clips which I have been delinquent in getting him, due to me crazy work load. But I promise ill get some up soon...

Old 12-02-2012, 05:09 AM
Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Please let me know where the bottom price ends up so I can make a decision.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

You guys need to update your prices on the first post.

I love your product, but I was very not pleased with the bait and switch pricing you had on your website when I actually ordered the cats.

Since there is no comparable product, I was pretty much forced to buy your product ad a heavily increased price and mentioning this forum didn't give me a discount at all. It ended up costing me nearly $500 more. :P

And if there was a comparable product from another manufacturer, I would ditch yours and purchase them because, yes, I did feel ripped off/raped from you guys.

Last edited by xenophobe; 12-02-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 668 Likes on 451 Posts

My 96 XK8 was LPG converted (US read as propane), so can pass UK emissions test without Catalytic convertors. I had EAJP (Home) supply me with a set of SS by-pass pipes in 2009 and recorded the following emissions:

CO level = 0.34% (limits 3.50%)
HC level = 280ppm (limits 1200 ppm)

Bypass was £175 ($280 USD)

Removed X-pipe as had corroded away after 5yrs and replaced with a straight through SS system with lifetime transferrable warranty for £299 ($480 USD).

Mark

Quick Reply: Product Release: XKR & XJR Catalyst & Catless Downpipes