XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 XKR Flexible Front brake hose conundrum

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 09:56 AM
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 2000 XKR Flexible Front brake hose conundrum

So, half way through my refurb of my suspension and lowered springs, I need a new brake pipe as I sheered off one end on removal due to rust.
Purchased a matching pair of Pagid hoses, thought nothing of it, but when I went to fit they are about 20-40mm too short? On a full lock the pipe is tugging on the bodywork and that's clearly not right. Got an original Jag one MJB5670AA last week and it's the same length as the too short Pagid ones I already fitted.
My car has Trac control so then my Jag supplier got in from Jag the pipe for cars with Trac control it's 20mm longer but has male to female where my original pipes are male to male. Clearly different from my original pipes as well.
I am a bit miffed now with all this, why can't even Jaguar supply the right length hose?
Can anyone help here please, there must be a 30mm longer version of a MJB5670AA flexible brake pipe out there somewhere?

PS has nothing to do with lowered spring as if anything that makes it a shorter distance.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 271 Likes on 240 Posts

I'll repy as I looked into new hoses a while back. And what I'll say is do a search, there are several threads on this, there are some issues insurring you get the proper shape I think more so on the back. You can try this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...roject-112534/

Old 01-24-2016, 07:41 AM
Default XKR 200 Flexi Front Brake pipe

I think I might have the ans, XKR's of my age, 2000 have a slightly longer pipe, 30-40mm which is used in later model XKR 4.2 standard braking systems, but everyone seems to list older XK8's & XKR's as the same pipe over this period. And these are only made by Jag so 65 quid instead of 14. Will find out for sure next week when I visit my helpful Jag dealer spares person who could be bothered to find the real answer for me and order in a pipe. British Car Parts & Euro Car spares both have sold me the wrong pipes due to their bad listings of said part and worse British Car Parts charged £7.00 delivery and tell me its up to me to pay for the return even though its their bad listing? One flipping £15 brake pipe is now coming in at around £120 of costs and a load of time. When I get the answer I will post the pt number for this to save anyone else such grief.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:13 AM

Well, I finally worked it out, 1999 apparently there was a mod, therefore here in the UK none or not many of the after market pipes available are long enough as they only fit 96-1999, low and behold the latest Jag replacement part MJB5670AA from Jag is now about 30 mm longer than their original pipes and fits all the previous models also. I guess my brackets on the car are in a slightly different place. Cost after 10% discount of was £58.00, so painful for what thought was a £15.00 fix and now I own an array of pipes, but its back up and running at least. It's a shame British Car parts were not that interested in getting to the bottom of it and are continuing to sell dangerously shorter pipes to an unsuspecting buyers like me. Pagid however were all over it and I am assured will change their catalogue to suit.

The following 2 users liked this post by PeterG:
cjd777 (02-04-2016), jamdmyers (02-04-2016)