XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

2003 AC Compressor should come on???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 08:23 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,214 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Anything is possible but I find it unlikely; however, you can pull the plug clean it and reseat it and see what takes place.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 327 Posts

I don't know. It worked fine as of 3 months ago. Perhaps it leak that the prev owner covered up by topping it off and it leaked down to a point that it won't come on. Frankly this car is about got the best of me. I do not find it reliable at all. YES I know it is a Jag and one needs to expect things, but this one has just soured me at this point. I will kick if around for the winter, see how I feel in the spring. Soo mean time I am sorta prime for the taking if anyone wants a CLEAN 03 loaded with all options. Needs front top and prob bottom strut mounts. Clean as a tac, even leather on steering wheel looks new at 97k. Very pretty car just at this point has me rethinking ownership of one of these.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:41 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,214 Likes on 1,703 Posts

I hear what you are saying! I had just recently replaced my A/C compressor and a few other things along with a total flush on my 99xk8 and it stopped working due to a leak. I found that when installing the new “O” rings one got pinched in the process I replaced it and all is good.

Yes you will have problems with your car but I found that it wants to be driven and that is what we do. The car now has 130,000mi on it.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member

mine is driven 3 to 4 times in a 7 day week.

Old 01-14-2015, 05:56 AM
Received 192 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by brgjag
I don't know. It worked fine as of 3 months ago. Perhaps it leak that the prev owner covered up by topping it off and it leaked down to a point that it won't come on. Frankly this car is about got the best of me. I do not find it reliable at all. YES I know it is a Jag and one needs to expect things, but this one has just soured me at this point. I will kick if around for the winter, see how I feel in the spring. Soo mean time I am sorta prime for the taking if anyone wants a CLEAN 03 loaded with all options. Needs front top and prob bottom strut mounts. Clean as a tac, even leather on steering wheel looks new at 97k. Very pretty car just at this point has me rethinking ownership of one of these.
Seems to me that you have taken care of the things that are generally typical at this point, and it potentially could be good for quite a while. Of course no one can predict failures, but overall, they are good cars. It would be unfortunate to do all of this work and then someone else reap all the benefits. Obviously, this is a personal decision, but consider why you have an XK, and why you had one previously, and as your signature tag line says, can you escape that? If not, and you find yourself buying another again, you won't find one with all of these things already done to it.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:44 AM
Veteran Member

I hear ya SteveJacks. Just hit a wall with this constant leaking antifreeze issue. It is not leaking now and when I drive it I put my Torque app on and watch the temps to see if I am getting any spikes that the gauge in the car does not show. So far it is fine.
Funny thing is that my sons mustang, 95, just did the same thing with a hose clamp just lose enough to let fluid **** out.
I still have OTHER things to do to the car and want this work I have done to behave and stop having me look at it again. I have a front susp that needs attn.
I love the car, it is nice but I am at a point where I need a car that is not going to act up as these tend to do. No car is perfect but there are cars out there that are much better at not being a break fix car on the regular basis these can be. YES I know that means a bland car that everyone has, but geesh this car has/is giving me more fits than I expected. For now I will enjoy it during this window of time with no issue keeping me from driving it.