XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

2006 blacked out headlamp lenses. Vin#

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 515 Likes on 333 Posts
Default 2006 blacked out headlamp lenses. Vin#

Well, thanks to Jeff in Tucson, thanks Jeff, I've now replaced my regular 2002 jewel tail lights with the tinted victory edition smoked lamps. And can I just say "WOW"!
Now I want the 2006 black lined headlamp lenses to replace my chrome 2002 lenses. I called Gaudin Jaguar parts but they said I really need the vin number from an actual 2006 car with these lights to assure I get the correct lenses.
Anyone out there have either the correct vin or actual replacement part number??
Oh, here's the new rear lamps with the victory tinted! 2006 blacked out headlamp lenses. Vin#-image.jpg

The following users liked this post:
Jeff in Tucson (07-17-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi, philhef!
I don't have neither, but WhiteXKR gave me this link once when I was asking about the headlight lenses such as the ones below

WhiteXKR pointed me to 2004 JAGUAR XKR Parts - Direct JPLV Porsche Parts.com ...04 and newer xenon lens came in blk I believe.
Hope this helps in some way

Last edited by dannyS; 07-17-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have an '03 with black lens surrounds and I'm pretty sure that is the first year for that change. I had to order a replacement lens last year from Gaudin. As you know, they are glass and a bit expensive!

Old 07-18-2013, 02:49 AM
Veteran member
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

I have PM'ed you my VIN number.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:25 AM
GGG
Received 16,860 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by philhef
.............. I called Gaudin Jaguar parts but they said I really need the vin number from an actual 2006 car with these lights to assure I get the correct lenses..............
The core part Number for all 2003 onward Headlamp Lens is the same. The suffix is different for Non-Powerwash or Powerwash Headlamps.

2006 blacked out headlamp lenses. Vin#-headlamp-non-powerwash.jpg

2006 blacked out headlamp lenses. Vin#-headlamp-powerwash.jpg

(click on the images to enlarge them)

Frog and I both have Final Series 'S' models with Powerwash. If your vehicle has Non-Powerwash, be careful about the VIN you quote to Gaudin.

Graham

Frog (07-18-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 04:06 AM
Veteran member
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
Frog and I both have Final Series 'S' models with Powerwash. If your vehicle has Non-Powerwash, be careful about the VIN you quote to Gaudin.
Good point, well spotted. Now I know why you're a Mod and I'm just a lowly RC

Old 07-18-2013, 04:48 AM
GGG
Received 16,860 Likes on 12,186 Posts

.............. but I don't have as much time to keep my car as well polished as yours.

Graham

Old 07-18-2013, 06:01 AM
Veteran Member

My car does have the headlamp washers, I thought they all did. Wen I looked up the parts on gaudin website, they seemed to be about twice e price of the tail lamps and that was just for the lenses! But the older chrome style are the same price so I guppies I I want to stop the fog in the lenses, and update the look, it's worth it.

On a side note, just how many times do you polish that car Frog??? I'm up to about twice a month!! I found a black wax and it makes my car look brand new!!! It's addictive!!! Lol

Old 07-18-2013, 06:06 AM
Veteran Member

Hey, on another note, does anyone have an assembly laying around? I'd like to order the led rings for the outer headlamp side, I already have the high beam rings.
It'd be sweet to have them here when I change the lenses so I can do it all at once. I should have measured when I did the larger ones but hindsight is 20/20!!

Old 07-18-2013, 06:09 AM
Veteran Member

2006 blacked out headlamp lenses. Vin#-image.jpg

I need the outer ring diameter.
Crap!! It just dawned on me I'll have to swap these to the new lenses too!! I attached to the lense not the bulb reflector! Ugh!!!!

Old 07-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blacked out lenses?

Were you able to get the blacked out headlight lenses? I've been dealing with Matt at Gaudin and he is say that Jaguar only has chrome lenses.

Also where did you get the Halo lights? I'm in the process of upgrading my headlights and would like to get a set of them

Thanks

Old 07-25-2013, 06:00 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by cherub40
Were you able to get the blacked out headlight lenses? I've been dealing with Matt at Gaudin and he is say that Jaguar only has chrome lenses.

Also where did you get the Halo lights? I'm in the process of upgrading my headlights and would like to get a set of them

Thanks
Having the same issue. I'm wondering if the black is only available for the HID equipped headlights. I've read on this site that they are a supposedly a simple swap out.
This is frustrating. I'm actually upgrading to hid bulbs also.
Maybe someone here can confirm if the black hid lenses will fit halogen bulb headlamps.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cherub40

Thanks
I purchased a blacked out rt side headlight lens (w/ washer) for my 03 XKR last Fall from Gaudin....pn C2N2468

Old 07-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jag Pilot
I purchased a blacked out rt side headlight lens (w/ washer) for my 03 XKR last Fall from Gaudin....pn C2N2468
Thanks.
I have ordered that part number and the other side. Gaudin is making is complicated.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Default If you have an early MY 2005 XKR, take a closer look at it......

Stumbled upon this thread last night and really like the angel eye upgrade and the VE taillight upgrade. Walked out to my car this morning wondering what those updates would look like on my 2005 XKR, VIN A40625.....then I laughed when I saw my headlights are blacked out already. Got even better when I walked to the rear and realized that my kitty also had the VE taillights! The post about Jag assembling whatever parts were in the factory in 2005 and 2006 was dead on. Looks like my kitty got a lil something for free on the isle of Britain before arriving in sunny San Diego.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Received 131 Likes on 96 Posts
Old 08-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts
Default Lights

Originally Posted by DaveC
I tried these lights, didn't fit well and one set of LEDs started to fail. Plastic lenses and they kind of looked cheap.

I had no problems swapping the HID and standard lenses and actually used the new HID lenses from my XK-R with the standard backs from my old XK-8 to do my light mod. The outfit that did it was Audio Design, here is their Yelp page: Audio Design - San Jose, CA Ask for Marcos (he managed the job).

Last edited by enderle; 08-09-2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Left something out.
DaveC (08-09-2013)
Old 08-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by enderle
I tried these lights, didn't fit well and one set of LEDs started to fail. Plastic lenses and they kind of looked cheap.

I had no problems swapping the HID and standard lenses and actually used the new HID lenses from my XK-R with the standard backs from my old XK-8 to do my light mod. The outfit that did it was Audio Design, here is their Yelp page: Audio Design - San Jose, CA Ask for Marcos (he managed the job).
I agree, I saw them on a car and thought they looked cheap. Looked like bent plexi and not good quality IMHO.

I also just received the led drl rings and the 60mm are a bit small. Really needs a 65mm. The later model black interior HID lenses have a chrome ring in the low beam tunnel. I took them out of mine but to use the 60mm rings, I have to put them back in. I'm concerned I may loose a bit of headlight coverage with the smaller opening once ring installed.
I'll post pics as I work on them.
I'm also going to install HID bulbs as well.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts
Default Had both projectors replaced

Originally Posted by philhef
I agree, I saw them on a car and thought they looked cheap. Looked like bent plexi and not good quality IMHO.

I also just received the led drl rings and the 60mm are a bit small. Really needs a 65mm. The later model black interior HID lenses have a chrome ring in the low beam tunnel. I took them out of mine but to use the 60mm rings, I have to put them back in. I'm concerned I may loose a bit of headlight coverage with the smaller opening once ring installed.
I'll post pics as I work on them.
I'm also going to install HID bulbs as well.

I replaced both projectors upgrading to current models.

Attached Thumbnails 2006 blacked out headlamp lenses. Vin#-2jag.jpg   2006 blacked out headlamp lenses. Vin#-1jag.jpg   2006 blacked out headlamp lenses. Vin#-wp_20130412_005.jpg  
Old 08-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

I think that a very economical solution to this quest would be to consider an industrial
level black wrap over the chrome. 3M materials have advanced this technology to deal
with severe elements for many years. Heat may be an issue, but hundreds of expensive cars here in Dallas and other cities like Vegas have survived 60 day stretches of 100+ degree days with no issues. I've seen some of the best technicians in the business wrapping the tightest of curves and crevices. This type of film can be wrapped around the edges, decreasing the chances of separation from the visible surfaces. This would be a simple job for an experienced techinician. I imagine the cost to be under $200 if you bring the light fixtures (lenses removed) to their location.

Here in Dallas, they wrap a large number of Lambos, Ferraris and Porsches in black. I'm sure these owners are as picky as you are. Might be worth a visit with a pro to discuss the possibilities. Go to skinzwraps.com to see examples of some excellent work. These guys also wrap many smaller parts on motorcycles, which spend a lot of time in the sun and get 130+ degree temperatures being thrown off by Harley motors on a hot day. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2006 blacked out headlamp lenses. Vin#