XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

50% of a successful long trip.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 03:59 PM
Received 211 Likes on 119 Posts

Good news, Terry, but I'm still worried about this Poutine stuff.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:14 PM
Received 222 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Oh what a relief it is!

I am with you now on your confidence level achieved with a successful long ride. Fun isn't it to be cruising in a powerful sexy reliable car and you probably never saw another one on your whole trip.
Just don't get over confident, keep an eye on the maintenance items and you should enjoy a long happy relationship with your baby.
Maybe you should introduce Poutine to Wisconsin.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:57 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Poutine

Diddion,
The only thing to worry about poutine would be your waistline!
It seems the basic recipe is French fries tossed with cheese curds then covered with gravy. Now they seem to embellish it with all kinds of meat from bacon to BBQ Rib meat, maybe you could get your favorite local pub to whip some up for you.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:41 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default London

Daro31,
I have done so much work on this car that if it didn't make it on this trip it was going to the auction block. Routine maintenance is actually enjoyable but I guess the previous owners didn't find it that way, but will definitely keep up with it. My plan is to do the top hydraulic's and get the dash wood refinished next winter then just keep up with things and enjoy.
The way back from Montreal we went south through N.Y. To Buffalo and stopped at the Anchor Bar (supposedly the home of Buffalo Wings) for wings. Next stop was Niagara Falls for a little sightseeing, then we spent the night in London, ON.
Wish I would of noticed your hometown, maybe we could of got together for a pint or two.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:24 AM
Received 222 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Too bad.

I live about a half mile from the 401 and the hotel strip, too bad that didn't work out. I noticed a small oil spot on my floor, looks like I am changing the return oil cooler line tomorrow.