XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

ABS module

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 09:23 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ABS module

Does anyone know if the abs mod controls the speedometer on the dashboard had a problem yesterday. Lights on dash said abs,trac,gearbox,safemode, car wouldn't shift from park .so I unplugged the ABS MODULE, then was able to get the car in gear.and drove her home. But still have light all over the dash . when I plug the abs back in the dash will say incorrect part , the trans stays in park. So I assume the ABS MODULE is bad . and do I have to get this thing reprogrammed when I change it out (LNF2210AD)
This all started with abs trac control warning light coming on .2002 XK8 4.0 with 70,000 miles any help would be appreciated.

The following users liked this post:
Orthodixie (06-22-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 06:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doug- I have a similar problem in that the ABS and TRAC warning lights came on. After cleaning all sensors and checking fuses and relaysand when I drove it I had still had no speedometer. So now I am still reading and checking everything I can find. Sooner or later one of us will cure the problem. I am posting all I am doing as I go along. Good luck.

Orthodixie (06-22-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 08:34 AM
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Just a thought, low voltage can cause many issues. Check battery and charging system.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:15 AM
Received 8,121 Likes on 4,902 Posts

First be aware that the part number is NOT LNF2210AD but JLM21323.

The number printed on the modules case is not a recognized Jaguar #.

You either have a fault with the CAN bus or the ABS module is faulty.

Sometimes a used ABS module will need to be configured to the car and sometimes it is PLUG & PLAY.

A NEW module will ALWAYS need to be configured.

bob

kstevusa (12-13-2021)
Old 06-24-2017, 01:43 PM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

The ABS module has a design fault in its power-supply connector-post/solder-spot on its circuit board which causes an intermittent/permanent open-circuit, triggearring the ABS error-warning. Check this forum for ABS module faults and remedies. I re-soldered my ABS module power supply posts and fixed the fault.

Good luck with yours...

Augeter (06-27-2017)
Old 06-27-2017, 08:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations! This is my next step everything so far is good.

Old 10-01-2021, 10:33 AM
Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Gordon
Does anyone know if the abs mod controls the speedometer on the dashboard had a problem yesterday. Lights on dash said abs,trac,gearbox,safemode, car wouldn't shift from park .so I unplugged the ABS MODULE, then was able to get the car in gear.and drove her home. But still have light all over the dash . when I plug the abs back in the dash will say incorrect part , the trans stays in park. So I assume the ABS MODULE is bad . and do I have to get this thing reprogrammed when I change it out (LNF2210AD)
This all started with abs trac control warning light coming on .2002 XK8 4.0 with 70,000 miles any help would be appreciated.
I know this is an old thread, but information is gold with these cars. DID YOU EVER SOLVE YOUR ISSUE? I am still having several of your problems even after a re-solder of the ABS power pins.

Old 10-01-2021, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,803 Likes on 2,237 Posts

He no longer has a XK8 and may not visit this site. Open a new thread and describe your problem. Be aware that the 97 ABS module often has a fault that cannot be repaired, so it's important to have the car scanned by an instrument that can read Jag C codes.

Old 10-02-2021, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by RJ237
He no longer has a XK8 and may not visit this site. Open a new thread and describe your problem. Be aware that the 97 ABS module often has a fault that cannot be repaired, so it's important to have the car scanned by an instrument that can read Jag C codes.
Thank you.

Old 10-31-2021, 05:57 PM

I had the local Jagshop run a good diagnostic on the car and they didn't come up with anything I hadn't already read with my own scanner (actually, 3 different scanners). They said they could not communicate with the ABS module, but did get the P1637 code and the P1799 code saying the TCM is also not being read by the ECU. They said there were NO "C" codes at all. That doesn't help me at all. BUT....some of the idiot lights like the "incorrect part installed" have disappeared. The rest is: ABS light on, CEL (P1637 & 1799) light on, no speedo/odo, and that red brake light even with the brake fluid full.

Motorcarman suggested there could be a problem with the CAN bus. Does that mean the entire harness is corrupted or not connected? Should I be tracing the harness....not that I know what I'm looking for.

Old 12-13-2021, 01:10 AM

Resolution update:

My module has been saved by Module Repair Pro, Van Nuys, CA. $100 plus shipping both ways, but it was worth it. I don't know exactly what they did, but everything works now. NO MORE IDIOT LIGHTS. No "WRONG PART INSTALLED" messages. No DTCs. I cleared whatever codes might have been there from before, then plugged everything in and powered up. Great! I drove around and put 34-40 miles on straight and very twisty roads at various speeds. Speedo/ODO works again.

Old 04-16-2022, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by oldjaglover
Resolution update:

My module has been saved by Module Repair Pro, Van Nuys, CA. $100 plus shipping both ways, but it was worth it. I don't know exactly what they did, but everything works now. NO MORE IDIOT LIGHTS. No "WRONG PART INSTALLED" messages. No DTCs. I cleared whatever codes might have been there from before, then plugged everything in and powered up. Great! I drove around and put 34-40 miles on straight and very twisty roads at various speeds. Speedo/ODO works again.
Apparently, I spoke too soon. The ABS was working fine,then on the test drive my PAS pump started leaking...badly. So, long story short, we replaced the pump and supply line....and had it professionally flushed. OK...everything seemed fine. I put another 80 miles or soon it (trying to get enough miles to set the computer to pass smog). First day out was great. next day rain. Today, another 30-40 miles going great UNTIL I stopped to run into a model train shop and visit for a few minutes. Came out, started the car and THE CEL, ABS, AND BRAKE LIGHT WERE BACK ON! I didn't even look art the speedo or ODO on the way home, but there's no TRAC light on. WTH!!!!???? I didn't even reach the 200 miles needed to get the smog test done.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ken