XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Accident Update

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,263 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenJewel
Hi Jerry.. we're doing okay and just about back to normal. Still some back pain once in a while... living better via chemicals!!
Hey Mark, I'm not trying to peddle drugs or anything, but I've had several episodes of pretty intense pain. I crashed my airplane about 5 years ago which broke two vertebrae in my back, broke my pelvis, broke a bunch of ribs and shattered my scapula. Last fall I had surgery for an extremely rare tumor that's so unusual it gets mentioned pretty regularly on "House M.D.". Then, the worst pain of all has been kidney stones. I've had four bouts of kidney stone attacks over the last 10 years, and three of those times I had to wait in the emergency room for hours before they would give me a shot of anything to relieve the pain. Apparently kidney stones aren't considered emergencies because they aren't life threatening.

Anyway... That's when I learned about Nubain. The last time I went to the emergency room with a kidney stone the doctor gave me a shot of Nubain. It knocked the pain right out, then I fell asleep in my clothes for about 6 hours. It's an injectable synthetic opiate that isn't controlled under the Controlled Substances Act. That means it's legal to buy and possess, however you're not going to be able to find it at the corner drug store. I bought some online a while back and I had to use it once, for my forth kidney stone attack. It was like a miracle. Instead of waiting for hours in excruciating pain, I just gave myself a shot with a tiny little insulin syringe. It got rid of the pain completely within about 5 minutes. Then I fell asleep for 6 hours. Giving myself the shot was a tad bit scary, but it's just a subcutaneous (under the skin) shot. I didn't have to inject into a vein or anything.

I travel a lot for my former job (I just retired) and I always made sure I had an ampule of the Nubain and a syringe in my toiletry bag. I wasn't worried about getting in trouble for it, because like I said, it isn't a controlled substance. I might have had to explain myself to airport security if they ever questioned me about it, but I wasn't going to get arrested or anything.

Anyway... if you have some really bad pain and you're looking for something better than Tylenol or Aleve, let me know and I'll give you the website where you can order the Nubain.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:38 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oldirish
Mark,

That's the most important thing, that you are doing better. We plan to be at more Cars & Coffee this coming year and are going to have one in Creswell just south of Eugene (on a different weekend) as well. Let me know if you want me to keep an eye out for a nice XK for you.

All the best,

Jerry
Post the dates and times that the C&C will be held in Creswell and Audrey and I will try and make it down.

As for looking for an XK for us I'm not ready at this point in time. I've got to see what's going to take place with the insurance companies and the court.

We are toying with the idea of lease to buy or buy a very late model XKR. This one is going to be the 500+ HP version. Maybe I'll be able to complete passing the next Impala. OR we'll get one of these

Old 11-17-2010, 01:43 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverend Sam
Anyway... if you have some really bad pain and you're looking for something better than Tylenol or Aleve, let me know and I'll give you the website where you can order the Nubain.
Ahhhh live better through chemistry!! Getting rid of the pain sounds great but having to sleep for 5 or 6 hours is a bit of a drawback.

You can bet the Gummint will put a ban on it if it the word gets out and it catches on, just like they do everything else except booze.

Thanks for the heads up!