XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Active Cats Dampening question

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 03:31 AM
Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Active Cats Dampening question

Currently undertaking the upper shock mount replacement along with brake pads/rotors, front and rear.

Is their anything I should be concerned, when removing the upper shock bolt, besides spring compression? The shock electrical connection, inside of the retaining nut, has me at a pause, as it appears the inner connector has an allen/hex shape and I really want this to go as smooth as possible.

Any advise/precautions are deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Darrin (DT).

Old 08-24-2021, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,181 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndeagle
Currently undertaking the upper shock mount replacement along with brake pads/rotors, front and rear.

Is their anything I should be concerned, when removing the upper shock bolt, besides spring compression? The shock electrical connection, inside of the retaining nut, has me at a pause, as it appears the inner connector has an allen/hex shape and I really want this to go as smooth as possible.

Any advise/precautions are deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Darrin (DT).
l don't think there is any particular do's or don'ts. The socket head in end of rod is probably more for plug orientation for reconnection. It might be an advantage to use an Allen key to minimise the rod rotating while undoing the top nut but you won't break anything internally if it does turn.
Make sure to correctly orient the top mount and bottom eye before releasing your spring compressor.

Old 08-24-2021, 06:19 PM
Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by baxtor
l don't think there is any particular do's or don'ts. The socket head in end of rod is probably more for plug orientation for reconnection. It might be an advantage to use an Allen key to minimise the rod rotating while undoing the top nut but you won't break anything internally if it does turn.
Make sure to correctly orient the top mount and bottom eye before releasing your spring compressor.
Thank you.

With a closer look, I could see the sensor is actually inside the shock rod and not a rotational issue.
Made note of the alignment suggestion.