XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Aftermarket Limited Slip Differential

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

You must be building a real beast if you need a spicer like that. Don't know about the particulars though, stud/spicer match (GM to Jag), room to mount it, etc. It's tight in there.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,184 Likes on 1,624 Posts

What year XJ6 did the donor come from?

Old 03-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 477 Posts

A friend of mine has fitted the same diff into his manual XKR, next time I talkt to him I will ask him what he did

Old 03-13-2012, 04:15 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Just some more info. that may be useless. On the older XJ diffs (mid 80's Series 3), they have a nice flange that easily adapts to GM (Spicer 1310) u-joint. I've done a few of these. But, I don't know if the old style input would adapt to the late model diff.. But, I am maybe guessing so. There are also "strap" style input flanges from after market speed shops (i.e. Speedway Motors). that are another alternative assuming again it would mate to the late model diff.. Either option would require you breaking loose the pinion nut and resetting the preload however. It sounds nasty, but might actually be the easier alternative. You haven't mentioned what mill you are using... can I assume a GM smallblock?! Mark

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Limited Slip Differential-jag-diff.jpg  
Old 03-13-2012, 04:20 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is the link to the Jag yoke (10-spline) at Speedway. MC

Jaguar Yoke - Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop

Old 09-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I went to your web sight and found some very interesting pics. I was wondering if there is some back sorry and details to the jag motor with the velocity stacks. I have a 4.2L non "R" and would love to do something like that with my car.

As my research continues to find out what I can do or would like to do, I realize there aren't all to many options for me. I'm hopping you at least have hoses and engine nick
nacks that I can use to dress up my engine bay. It is more of a show car that I'm looking for. So I would like to do some things like remove all the excess baggage if possible. Abs, custom intake and air box, bigger aftermarket radiator, aluminum coolant over flow, aluminum fuel rails, and I would really like to run an inline thermostat housing and get rid of that ugly crappy plastic one. I might get rid of the A/C and heater.

Do you have any advice or anything to help me in this endeavor?

Old 09-27-2012, 02:50 AM
Veteran Member

The engine you are refering to is my track car which also has a 6 speed manual attached to it.
I made the inlet manifolds myself to attached the 8 throttle bodies, larger injectors, lost the thermostat and water pump which was replaced with a digitally controlled Davies Craig, radiator is from an EVO with pacet fans....
Not a cheap setup, theres about $10K of just parts there let alone the time to fit everything not forgetting all the ongoing R&D work that has to be done if something is not right.

Name:  ENG4.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  119.8 KB

The engine runs off a Emerald K3 ECU which is a stand alone system, this also has the capability of holding up to 3 different maps which can be changed whilst on the move at the flick of a switch, something that would be very handy in a road car!

Getting back into the normal world, I can do hoses, I cant see why you couldn't fabricate a different manifold if you wanted to and all the usual bling you can also do...

Name:  MACENG1.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  65.7 KB

The following users liked this post:
Candy's Kitty (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by XKRacer
The engine you are refering to is my track car which also has a 6 speed manual attached to it.
I made the inlet manifolds myself to attached the 8 throttle bodies, larger injectors, lost the thermostat and water pump which was replaced with a digitally controlled Davies Craig, radiator is from an EVO with pacet fans....
Not a cheap setup, theres about $10K of just parts there let alone the time to fit everything not forgetting all the ongoing R&D work that has to be done if something is not right.

The engine runs off a Emerald K3 ECU which is a stand alone system, this also has the capability of holding up to 3 different maps which can be changed whilst on the move at the flick of a switch, something that would be very handy in a road car!

Getting back into the normal world, I can do hoses, I cant see why you couldn't fabricate a different manifold if you wanted to and all the usual bling you can also do...

That is great! I'm just glad it can be done. I've been wanting to do everything to my car that you have done to yours. Stacks, manual trans, and all on a non supper charged 4.2L. I understand yours is on a track car so you have none of the creature comforts and that is due to the stand alone.

I realize Jag tuning will never make any strides like BMW or Benz if someone doesn't do something about reflashing the stock ECU. So, I have given a friend that is a hacker the task of figuring out if it can be done.

What I would need is for someone to provide me with an exact list of what would need to be touched inside the programing (throttle positioning, rev limiters, timing, air fuel, etc.) to open it up to the possibilities of after market parts (eg: sintrifical superchargers, changing gear ratio, throttle bodies, intake manifolds, and engine internals) with out throwing codes.

If you would like to help with this please Private message me.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:12 AM
Veteran Member

There are people out there that can change things like fuel trims and some other settings, you can get away with just letting the ecu learn by itself, most use a piggy back system to make the changes.
You can also get high lift cams but this changes the engine timing and is a lot more involved than just bolting something in

Old 07-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strut mount covers

Hi XKracer,

I was just reading this thread and wanted to ask you where you got the strut mount covers as i have been looking for something similar.

Thanks

Davout01

Old 07-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

I make them..... I am about to get some more material in very soon so if you are interested let me know....

Email me sales@paragondesignuk.com..... I haven't spent much time on the forums lately, been a bit busy so drop me a line :-)