XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Another Avos Twin-Screw Supercharger Kit in USA

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2023, 06:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,416 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by bfarrell
its not the car that makes me laugh its you bragging about your “bucket of cash” in your future profession thats all. Performance tuning is something I’ve done to all the Jags I’ve owned. I say the more power the better.

Good luck with the xkr. TS is an amazing supercharger however Avros is out of the market but maybe if you pay him enough dough he will comply. Start a new thread once you have procured your TS kit.
I was not bragging. Most people who frequent this forum know I am one of the youngest members here. They have known me since I began my bachelor's degree, and all throughout dental school. They know I recently became a dentist. I never took the time to announce to those interested that I am now on the path to be a periodontist having been accepted into that residency. I am currently **** poor, but I know that once I begin working I will be able to afford paying Avos whatever he wants for a twin screw kit. As opposed to now that the only reason I can afford this car is because I do the work myself. He has in the past implied that he may reconsider beginning another production run. I know that supplies are now more expensive than ever. What I wanted to express with the comment in which you say I was bragging is that, if he happens to read this thread, in 3 - 4 years' time he will have a very eager customer who is currently following his passion and working on acquiring the means that will allow him to install a TS kit on his car. In other words, that tidbit of information wasn't for you or anyone else in this thread, it was meant for Avos.

Also, for what it's worth, I never used the term "bucket of cash".

Last edited by giandanielxk8; 05-21-2023 at 06:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mclovin22 (06-24-2023)
Old 05-21-2023, 10:23 PM
Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by giandanielxk8
Such a negative thing to say. I don't like BMWs, I like Jaguars. Nothing wrong with wanting more power. To me the X100 is one of the most beautiful modern cars. I have had mine for 6 years now and that's not changing.

My dad was not one to shy away from modifying his cars. He loved speed and I am sure he would've bolted a TS on the XKR had it been available when he had it. I love the car as is, more power would be nice. And if it breaks I will fix it. It's my car and I will do as I please. It's odd that the two of you come to this thread where people have been talking about this for nearly a decade and just decided to take a crap on us who want to have more power. If it's not your cup of tea, then don't post.
I did not take a crap on you at all. I think it's actually you that read the wrong tone into my post. FWIW if you look back at my profile you'll see I had already enquired about doing it to my own car, so I'm hardly against doing it in general. My reply started out saying "have fun" and made no criticism of you doing it, I tried to make it clear that I personally wouldn't, only because if I had a car I felt so sentimental about I would want it to last not get broken/worn out beyond practical repair much quicker, but as you said it's your car so good luck.

Last edited by JustNiz; 05-22-2023 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-22-2023, 08:41 AM
Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Reach out directly

[QUOTE=giandanielxk8;2644411]I was not bragging. Most people who frequent this forum know I am one of the youngest members here. They have known me since I began my bachelor's degree, and all throughout dental school. They know I recently became a dentist. I never took the time to announce to those interested that I am now on the path to be a periodontist having been accepted into that residency. I am currently **** poor, but I know that once I begin working I will be able to afford paying Avos whatever he wants for a twin screw kit. As opposed to now that the only reason I can afford this car is because I do the work myself. He has in the past implied that he may reconsider beginning another production run. I know that supplies are now more expensive than ever. What I wanted to express with the comment in which you say I was bragging is that, if he happens to read this thread, in 3 - 4 years' time he will have a very eager customer who is currently following his passion and working on acquiring the means that will allow him to install a TS kit on his car. In other words, that tidbit of information wasn't for you or anyone else in this thread, it was meant for Avos QUOTE

then reach out to Avos. Thats what I did albeit 5 years ago. If your post is only for him then DM him and don’t put up an open post because you will get replies

good luck with your endeavours I hope you can get a TS kit. An XKR with 700HP is s fun ride

.l

Old 06-24-2023, 03:55 AM
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by giandanielxk8
Such a negative thing to say. I don't like BMWs, I like Jaguars. Nothing wrong with wanting more power. To me the X100 is one of the most beautiful modern cars. I have had mine for 6 years now and that's not changing.

My dad was not one to shy away from modifying his cars. He loved speed and I am sure he would've bolted a TS on the XKR had it been available when he had it. I love the car as is, more power would be nice. And if it breaks I will fix it. It's my car and I will do as I please. It's odd that the two of you come to this thread where people have been talking about this for nearly a decade and just decided to take a crap on us who want to have more power. If it's not your cup of tea, then don't post.

Folks like these two on the forum are why I had a hesitancy to post before because I knew they’d be waiting in the background to pounce anytime modifications come up. Nothing wrong with making more power than the car came with from the factory. I’ve found a lot of pleasure in modifying my Jag as my father has two, and he is 78 and it’s something we bond over.

Between that and the warm responses I’ve received at drag strips across m Texas & Oklahoma when I took my Jag. I’ve come to realize I’m in no way the only person that likes a modified Jaguar either.

I distinctly remember a father and son that came up to me while I was letting my S Type R cool down, and we’re absolutely shocked that a 4 door Jaguar sedan stock went 13.1 @107mph in the 1/4 mile. This was probably 1 month or so into me owning my S Type R. Just the fact that I was at the drag strip intrigued them, and they seemed to be pleasantly surprised at what it was capable of stock. If it wasn’t for this they’d never have known anything like this was capable, and now more people than before are interested in a platform they otherwise wouldn’t have been.

I certainly understand some cars are better left stock, but these are certainly exceptions. Tastefully done, and coupled with the fact our cars are supercharged, modifying our Jags to make more power isn’t a bad idea at all.

The following users liked this post:
giandanielxk8 (06-24-2023)
Old 06-25-2023, 07:54 AM
Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Relax and enjoy

Originally Posted by Mclovin22
Folks like these two on the forum are why I had a hesitancy to post before because I knew they’d be waiting in the background to pounce anytime modifications come up. Nothing wrong with making more power than the car came with from the factory. I’ve found a lot of pleasure in modifying my Jag as my father has two, and he is 78 and it’s something we bond over.

Between that and the warm responses I’ve received at drag strips across m Texas & Oklahoma when I took my Jag. I’ve come to realize I’m in no way the only person that likes a modified Jaguar either.

I distinctly remember a father and son that came up to me while I was letting my S Type R cool down, and we’re absolutely shocked that a 4 door Jaguar sedan stock went 13.1 @107mph in the 1/4 mile. This was probably 1 month or so into me owning my S Type R. Just the fact that I was at the drag strip intrigued them, and they seemed to be pleasantly surprised at what it was capable of stock. If it wasn’t for this they’d never have known anything like this was capable, and now more people than before are interested in a platform they otherwise wouldn’t have been.

I certainly understand some cars are better left stock, but these are certainly exceptions. Tastefully done, and coupled with the fact our cars are supercharged, modifying our Jags to make more power isn’t a bad idea at all.
you need to relax and enjoy the journey.
any car can be modified it’s completely up to the owner. Don’t be so sensitive publicly. No body was waiting to pounce. Buy your TC and enjoy your car. You don’t need to over explain anything
Remember this is a technical forum not a chat line.
Best of luck

Old 07-10-2023, 01:34 AM
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bfarrell
you need to relax and enjoy the journey.
any car can be modified it’s completely up to the owner. Don’t be so sensitive publicly. No body was waiting to pounce. Buy your TC and enjoy your car. You don’t need to over explain anything
Remember this is a technical forum not a chat line.
Best of luck
Condseiring some of the responses I’ve seen there are certainly people waiting to reply with ridiculous comments. Indeed it is a technical forum but some people treat it the other way around. Not being sensitive just calling out things as I see it.

Just am a Jaguar & drag racing enthusiast wanting to make his Jag a little a bit quicker. It’s why I joined the forum in the first place. It’s already a cool enough car, but if it made 600+whp like cars have with the kit, the performance capabilities are endless. Most cars today making that kind of power that can put it down run 10 second 1/4 mile times.

Old 07-10-2023, 05:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,416 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by Mclovin22
Condseiring some of the responses I’ve seen there are certainly people waiting to reply with ridiculous comments. Indeed it is a technical forum but some people treat it the other way around. Not being sensitive just calling out things as I see it.

Just am a Jaguar & drag racing enthusiast wanting to make his Jag a little a bit quicker. It’s why I joined the forum in the first place. It’s already a cool enough car, but if it made 600+whp like cars have with the kit, the performance capabilities are endless. Most cars today making that kind of power that can put it down run 10 second 1/4 mile times.

That would be a dream, but I don't think those times are realistic for these cars even at 600+ whp because we have some limitations with putting down the power:
  • open differential with gearing not optimized for launches
  • Heavy: at almost 4000 lb kerb weight depending on the specific variant
  • None of the transmissions that came with our cars is particularly quick shifting

Don't get me wrong, our ¼ mile times will definitely improve, but a 10s ¼ mile seems unrealistic without some other supporting mods. However, I may be wrong. I have never seen the time slips of twin screw modified XKRs.