XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Any thoughts guy and girls?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Congratulations and enjoy your Crissie present (the ones you buy for yourself are always the best).

Old 12-19-2012, 09:19 AM
Received 6,332 Likes on 5,517 Posts

Congratulations, now we need the pictures!

Old 12-19-2012, 09:19 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by steveinfrance
Congratulations and enjoy your Crissie present (the ones you buy for yourself are always the best).
Ah thank you and yes although not picking up till New Year.
Seasons Greetings and all that )

Old 12-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 690 Likes on 560 Posts

Congratulations! Be sure and give us a report in 30 days as to how you like the car. Pictures under the hood (bonnet) would be nice too.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I first saw the car in the ad was sold.. but reading on I see CONGRATULATIONS to you are in order sir!!

Although it may have been a bit pricier than an average XKR it’s not an average XKR, and you still got a whole lot of car for your money with this very unique, powerful, and beautiful automobile. Modifications are usually worth what someone is willing to pay, and are hard to place an actual value on when shopping as they are very subjective as you stated. The Arden stuff and the other mods are quite pricey, so if you like these products this was a bargain over buying and having them installed and painted! In the end what matters most is you’re happy with your decision and proud of your car, I am sure you will have many miles of pure enjoyment behind the wheel. And damn, that is one mean looking stance and color combo!

So how do you like the performance of those speed-shifters? Can you still use the j-gate, and how does it compare – does it shift faster or is it more of a matter of ergonomics?

Enjoy J

Old 12-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,579 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Good for you, now go out and enjoy it and have some fun. CONGRATULATIONS!

Old 12-20-2012, 04:22 AM

Thanks all of your guys for your messages. I dont actually pick up the car until early in January - Christmas is getting in the way somewhat - I guess I'll survive. I have tried to upload under the hood picture kindly supplied by Dave the previous owner but the upload keeps failing for some reason. I will keep trying.......

Attached Thumbnails Any thoughts guy and girls?-xkrenginebay.jpg  
Old 12-20-2012, 05:29 AM
Veteran Member

Just don't bend it on the ice. Traction control is a wonderful thing but I got mine in January and did some Silly Wobbles to start with.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by steveinfrance
Just don't bend it on the ice. Traction control is a wonderful thing but I got mine in January and did some Silly Wobbles to start with.
Ah yes I get your point. I dont have an especially heavy right foot, especially in a car I am not familiar with. I will be taking it very easy I can assure you Steve.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Any thoughts guy and girls?

RSSteveH-

Warmest welcome to you from the colonial side of the pond and congratulations on deciding for Jaguar and the XKR type. Arden adds value to the driving experience- and you can especially enjoy beating the Porsche Boxter snobs- they figure the bigger car is slower and most XK's are the 300 HP pussycats. Over here, women still get weak-kneed at the sight of a Jaguar sports model. It is amazing, and their reactions to my XKR , as observed in person by my son Evan, are enough to make the BMW loving Euroslut that he is blanche green with envy.

I want to put in a plug for this forum- the contributors and the moderator are first rate, helpful, and have saved me nearly $1,000 so far this year with their helpful comments. You will love your JAG, and this forum. Again, welcome and much driving pleasure ahead for you.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Arland Green
RSSteveH-

Warmest welcome to you from the colonial side of the pond and congratulations on deciding for Jaguar and the XKR type. Arden adds value to the driving experience- and you can especially enjoy beating the Porsche Boxter snobs- they figure the bigger car is slower and most XK's are the 300 HP pussycats. Over here, women still get weak-kneed at the sight of a Jaguar sports model. It is amazing, and their reactions to my XKR , as observed in person by my son Evan, are enough to make the BMW loving Euroslut that he is blanche green with envy.

I want to put in a plug for this forum- the contributors and the moderator are first rate, helpful, and have saved me nearly $1,000 so far this year with their helpful comments. You will love your JAG, and this forum. Again, welcome and much driving pleasure ahead for you.
I did smile at this post - so cool - although I have to hastily add that I couldn't possibly comment on the state of the fairer sex's knees - weak or otherwise. Over this side of the pond it tends to be a little different with ladies experiencing differing effects, from 'mildly melting' to throwing round wild accusations that we have had our wotsits extended. Once again for fear of incriminating myself I will refrain from further comment on this.

Yes, I am pleased I have gone down this route - even more pleased that this particular car was offered for sale at the right time for me. I've had this 'need' to get a proper car since I got rid of my last in the 'hot hatch' category (Ford Focus RS mk 2 with 412bhp through the front wheels). That had been the most fun I had had in car up to that point. This Jag though - in a different class. So its a learning curve for me. The modding is done - just need to do the driving now

Once again, many thanks for your post. I did smile and do feel good about these forums. Seasons Greetings to you and all.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:20 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Arland Green
RSSteveH-
Arland,
Seven mods, lets call it $150 each. PayPal will be fine.
Thanks for the kind words on behalf of all the 'Yellow Flag' brigade - as you say though it is very often other members (including yourself) who come up with the answers.
We're very fortunate to have so many knowledgeable members and, of course, the Jag techs.
I think that and the excellent camaraderie are our strengths.